2021-04-19 20:42:22

alt+enter or windows+enter to adjust the  screen. make sure curtain is off, and not sure this one will be an effect or not but try to adjust the brightness slightly.

2021-04-19 21:01:33

@lirin, that's the issue then. I don't have a monitor, nor really the space for one unfortunately. Does anyone have a solution for this? Doesn't matter as long as my computer thinks there's a monitor connected right?

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-04-19 21:05:00 (edited by Lirin 2021-04-19 21:07:57)

@Assault:

Go one down in main menu to get to the options. Click one more times to go to the settings and there go five times down and one right the click A / X to check god mode. Go back with B / circle and go one down. Go there with A / X and activate the first option with A / X to activate aim assist and you're ready to go! smile

Hope that helps!
Edit: Well, you need a monitor them or some other option to play Hades as you will need the OCR to select boons for example plus few more things in your home.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-04-19 21:46:50

Well, that's frustrating. Means I actually need to buy a monitor and make room for it on my desk... lol. Unless there's a trick I don't know about. I'll try those settings, thanks. Right now I'm finding the music to be pretty loud so I can't actually tell whether I'm doing it right or not.

2021-04-19 22:54:37

I believe there is a device you can buy for a couple of dollars that miners use to trick video cards, but I don't know if that would work with the ocr situation.

2021-04-19 23:16:07

I mean, if nothing else I'll buy a 15 inch gaming monitor because it's small. But I'd really not spend the money if I don't have to.

2021-04-20 01:20:40

@Assault: Music is just when you go to the options, click A / X one more time and go one down. You are starting with general volume, next one is music volume and next one SFX volume. If you move left and right on these you will hear what you are changing.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-20 01:21:39

Actually it would be hard to trick it as the system needs to detect any monitor to work properly. I am guessing you need that sadly.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-20 02:20:08

What makes you think ender lilies will be playable?

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-04-20 02:46:59

Ender lilies is not playable for sure. Tested it with my wife and well, there's TONS of platforming, backtracking. Typical medroidvania style game so yeah, no chance.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-20 03:21:51

yeah, when I saw metroidvania in the description I figured there would be no chance.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2021-04-20 04:50:47

@assault_freak
You could just use any TV.  Heck you may even be able to use one of the old RCA/VGA ones with an adapter.

That said, if you want to try a display emulator...
https://www.amazon.ca/Dummy-Headless-Di … 8GJ1Z?th=1

2021-04-20 06:29:14

A little off topic, but How do I leave the starting area in hades? I couldn't figure out where to go, and there is no enemies to fight...

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2021-04-20 07:05:00

You can leave the starting room by heading to the top right corner of that room then hitting uh, r1? RB, idk what controller you have, but you hit the interact with object button.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-04-20 08:01:05 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-04-20 08:09:21)

@stirlock: I don't know honestly, I just wish it is playable by accident like hades, since it's 2d so I thought that the map could be navigated  easily, and the combat will be manageable,  but platforming? I guess not... sad man we don't have any playable Metroidvania arn't we?

2021-04-20 10:55:40

I eventually figured it out, but I can't get past the third room, those hellstone enemies are annoying, also, its hard to tell if I am in range with the enemies or not...

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2021-04-20 14:30:12

with the sword its a bit hard, but try to keep going until you get more keys to unlock better weapons. I'm sad cause i was lost my save data... I've already beat 3 times the game... sad but definitely ades is worth it.

Sorry for my english

2021-04-22 17:11:39

Can someone elaborate on what you would have to do on Hades when you get to the unaccessible parts? What do we have to do from there?
Also has anyone played that night of the full moon? How accessible is it, are we talking OCR again?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2021-04-22 17:26:40

na, in night of the full moon you don't need OCR at all. its fully accesible with screen readers

Sorry for my english

2021-04-22 19:47:38

The inaccessible areas aren't really that much different.
You still have to kill all the creatures and find the exits, which are on the northwest or northeast corners of the current chamber, with the annoying setback that is the magma.
Think Crazy party's volcano world, except you don't die the instant you step into the magma.
It's really hard at first, but it becomes extremely easy after a few dozen playthroughs, especially because even though you're dying, your character is still getting stronger as you pick up darkness and gems and things.
I can clear Asphodel without losing a single life with god mode disabled, but as I said, it takes a lot of practice.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2021-05-06 17:44:03 (edited by assault_freak 2021-05-06 17:44:18)

Ok. Bringing this topic back because I'm still on the hunt for more games. So far the collection consists of sequence storm, blind drive and Hades. Blind Drive I've completed, but will probably tackle again in hard mode, and because there are secret areas apparently I haven't discovered. I still have mixed feelings about hades because I'm still at the point where I feel like I'm mostly fumbling. Anyone got any other recommendations? Specifically games only playable on PC? I'm still thinking about slay the spire, and bladed fury and 9 monkeys of Shaolin are on my list as well, though 9 monkeys is one I will probably pass on, I wasn't super impressed with. Ici I tried on ps4, and I wasn't a fan of that either unfortunately, but that's more my fault than the game's. lol

2021-05-07 01:08:52 (edited by JLove 2021-05-07 01:13:45)

Couple of things.  First, it is absolutely possible to trick your PC into thinking there's a monitor attached.  I did it with mine.  Use an HDMI to VGA adaptor, plug it into your HDMI port, and you're good to go.  No monitor required.  As long as the adaptor is there, my motherboard sees it and I don't have issues.  I can choose to hook up an older monitor if I want, and I have in some cases when I need sighted assistance, but I don't most of the time.
Second, @Assault, if you look at my post in the Hades discussion where we were posting the other day, you will see that I gave the solution to the OCR problem.  (Post 58).  There are also links to my article if you're having language issues, because the language will need to be in English or in your native language for you to access the menu.  The relevant part states:
"I went into the properties for Hades itself.  It turned out that there is a property that says, "Show steam overlay during game", or something like that.  I toggled this off, and now OCR works like it's supposed to."
You want to definitely make sure the Steam overlay is off.  To get to properties, right click on Hades, and go down to properties.  That's why you'll need Steam in the correct language.  My Steam was in Chinese, so I couldn't ever get to the menu.  If you're having a language issue, go
here
to fix it.  Once that's fixed, then do the properties thing.  If that overlay is on, OCR isn't gonna read shit well.  Also, I'm hoping someone will answer my questions over in the Hades discussion topic soon.  (Post 87).

2021-05-07 01:14:12

Ah yeah... nope. For me, the OCr issue was fixed by connecting a monitor. I don't know if the overlay is messing with things, but if it is, it's not noticeable. All my problems were solved by plugging in the monitor, but thanks for the HDMI adapter trick.

2021-05-07 01:18:22 (edited by JLove 2021-05-07 01:19:07)

Yeah, it's a handy one.  If you can't afford a monitor, an HDMI to VGA adaptor is much cheaper.  Think I got mine for less than $20.  Works like a charm, and it does allow me to connect an older VGA monitor that my GF has in a pinch if I need to.