2021-04-19 04:12:53

Other than the typical responses; street fighter, dbz, etc etc. Are ther eany more games that are playable? Currently I have Bladed Fury, Sequence Storm and a couple of Jackbox entries. Got a new gaming pc and am anxious to fill it. And go!

Discord: clemchowder633

2021-04-19 04:22:55 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-04-19 04:26:11)

I think there are a few 2d RPGS out there that might be playable, wish I could take a leap and try, but steam already warns me to stop asking for refund for a while big_smile one of them is ENDER LILIES, still on irly access though, but I think it will be release soon.
well as for now, we have night of the full moon, and Siralim Ultimate.

2021-04-19 04:45:39

Yeah, night of the full moon doesn't really interest me from what I've seen of it. Might look at Siralim Ultimate, though.

2021-04-19 06:15:06

A little bit off-topic, but can anyone briefly explain how the Jackbox games are accessible? If only a few of the series are playable for us, how do we confirm a certain one is OK to buy? I've only listened to Liam's streams, so feel free to point me to google. tongue
If my understanding is correct, players not only need to have high-level English vocabulary but also have to be accustomed to English (American?) cultures. So I don't know if I can manage it though.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2021-04-19 08:25:04

@assault_freak: Have you heard of terrordrome reign of the legends? It’s a fighting game based off of popular legendary characters, such as Frankenstein, Sasquatch, and Dracula. It’s in early access right now on steam, but they are always adding characters and coming out with updates for the game.

2021-04-19 08:32:40

Slay the spire and Warsim Kingdom of Aslona

2021-04-19 10:54:29

HADES my friend, HADES! Excellent game which will suck you in to for many, many hours if you're a fan of great combat system, roguelike mechanics and deep storyline. The combat mechanics are just fantastic and for some reason it reminds me of Diablo 2.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2021-04-19 12:57:14

Yeah, Hades is awesome, although I'm still struggling with lava. I just can't find the door reliably.

2021-04-19 13:03:47

Well, it's easier and easier with every run as you are more resistant plus remember, the doors are all the time on the top on the left / right.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-19 13:46:41

Can hades be played with keyboard?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-04-19 14:18:14

@nuno: yup , you attack and cast spell with left and right mous clicks though, but you could just change that to keyboard keys. also turn on aim assist and disable that dash and attack to mous cursor thingy

2021-04-19 16:36:12

Just keep in mind aim assist works properly with controller only.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-19 16:48:17 (edited by assault_freak 2021-04-19 16:52:22)

I'm hearing a lot about hades, but can someone explain to me how exactly this game is playable? Also, I was under the impression that Slay the Spire needs a lot of modding to be able to play accessibly as well? I'll definitely check out Warsim. Hades is the one that intrigues me the most, though.

@4, the Jackbox games are definitely very American-centric, I'm not sure it'd be very enjoyable in a Japanese setting. It definitely requires a lot of knowledge of english and especially Western pop culture and humour. But some of the games are accessible because they're either word games, or trivia games that all have announcers, like a game show. The ones that have the most accessible games are Party Packs 6 and 7, but every pack has at least one game which is accessible.

2021-04-19 17:13:01 (edited by Lirin 2021-04-19 17:20:41)

@Assault: Slay the spire requires some mods to play and that's right but it's worth it, believe me! If you will use a controller you will need mostly one mod so not that hard to do but subscribing to it on steam and you are ready to go.

WHat about hades? Hmm, that is something you need to play and play, and die, and die and play to get used to so be prepared for lots of deaths (what is a normal thing in roguelikes) but believe me, after some runs you'll feel stronger and stronger getting further in the game. Basically game is something like a isometric hack en slash so you are moving up, down, left and right going from room to room defeating enemies and collecting boons (upgrades to make your character stronger by modyfying your weapon, modyfying your HP etc for the current run) The rooms are small mostly so it's hard to get lost there. After every run the reward appears making a noise plus it appears exactly where you are standing so you need to click interact to get that. ALso after clearing a room there's a door noise so you will know (more or les) where it is located. Just one thing you should be a ware of is the fact, there are rooms with more than one exit, mostly two letting you choose what the next reward you wish to have and this is not accessible part.
Further in the game there's Asphodel area full of lava and this is the most difficult part (for sighted people too) as if you will stand on the magma it will hit you. It is doable with some patience and it will be hard for the first few runs definitely. Just try and try, make your character stronger between every run in Hades, which is kinda like your home (a base) where you need to talk to differend characters, buy / upgrade weapons and do some other stuff. The Hades is easy to learn as it just lives around, making noises of the characters around and other sounds.

I hope that helps you to get in to. If you will need more help just let me know and I will be happy to help as much as possible! I've beaten the main story and working on epilogue now plus unlocking weapon aspects and levelling it up plus doing some other side stuff there. The game is long, really long in terms of unlocking everything and completing the story as believe me, every death will be more fun that frustratting as it will reveal more story elements when you will get back to Hades. There are hundrets (if not more) recorded voice lines and you will even know what enemy you are facing as Zagreus (main protagonist) is commenting a lot in very funny and friendly way! big_smile

OCR works just great in most situations so that will be easy for you to understand everything. If you wish me and my wife can write down everything from the menus to help you start.
Just make sure to get in to the options to enable god mode (no, it's not a cheat but an accessibility option to make your life a bit easier by making your character more resistant with every next run) plus aim assist.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-19 17:21:41 (edited by assault_freak 2021-04-19 17:22:30)

If God mode and Aim Assist are the only things I need to enable, I'd definitely appreciate some help there on locating those options. I just downloaded it, so I'm looking forward to trying it. I'm curious about slay the spire, but card management games have never really been my cup of tea. I'm open to being convinced, though. haha. Warsim is text-based, so I probably won't pick that one up... keep the suggestions coming!

2021-04-19 17:39:55 (edited by nyanchan 2021-04-19 17:40:36)

@13
Thanks. Not my cup of tea though, that's definitely a great one for playing with sighted friends when they have the common knowledge.
I played Slay the Spire for a while, but couldn't figure out how it worked. So it's sleeping deep in my harddrive. It'd be cool if I could figure out  how the game works, but still...

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2021-04-19 17:53:46

OCR works farely well with Hades, the numbers come out mangled sometimes, but otherwise you can find your way around in the menues.

2021-04-19 17:59:07

SLay the spire is fun, so fun believe me! I've played over 100 hours and beaten the game only once when I realised it is not about beating the game but learning it, slow, very slow but in so fun and fantastic way.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2021-04-19 18:17:52 (edited by assault_freak 2021-04-19 18:50:30)

I'd be curious to try it, but the way of getting accessibility working seems to be really complicated. Also, where can I find God mode and Aim assist in hades? OCR isn't picking anything up, which is also quite weird. As a matter of fact, OCR doesn't seem to be picking up anything at all from any game I launch. Am I missing something here? This is a new PC which means everything is still getting figured out. The language is set to US English, and I can OCR other things well enough. So I'm not sure what's going on. Sequence Storm, the Jackbox Party Pack 7 and Hades all come up blank.
Update: It seems to be exclusively steam games... Killer Instinct works just fine, I can even OCR the steam context menus. Just none of the games that launch from steam.

2021-04-19 19:11:36

I think you have to use window mode, not fullscreen mode, to work with OCR. That's what I did at least for many games and it worked.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-04-19 19:20:18

Sequence storm is the only one I changed to full screen mode, and all the other games I can't figure out how to switch between the two because they launch through steam. I'm a little stumped as this wasn't an issue on my old computer.

2021-04-19 19:26:38

Lirin, don't lie! You have almost 200 hrs on your counter, lol!
i have completed STS twice and working on Defect now, but I hate him.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-04-19 20:04:46

If I remember right, pressing ALT +Enter switches between the two in most games.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2021-04-19 20:32:38

I'm wondering if it's because I'm on a desktop that has no external display correctly and Windows 10 is trying to decide what I need and what I don't? Using OBS to try and OCR my ps4 also is not working, and the usual brightness slider is missing from my action center as well. Does anyone know of a way to deal with this?

2021-04-19 20:41:19

@nuno, oh, really? Damn, that is interesting, time waster haha! Well, seriously the time is ticking too fast when playing STS haha

@Assault: Make sure your display drivers are up to date plus your DirectX. Also your screen (I mean monitor) is plugged and as without that OCR will fail in games especially. This is how it works with NVIDIA graphic cards so you NEED monitor to be plugged to work with OCR.

Twitter
Add me on Steam