2021-03-09 21:30:07

It's true that action should've been taken on other projects as well. Maybe after this point it will be.

-----
Matthew's Horse Needs Your Support!
Discord: misterkrabs69

2021-03-09 21:30:51 (edited by Cornettoking 2021-03-09 21:31:51)

@Jayjay: I know think I know what you were referring to.
When I said this, I meant that people NOT critizising other games for more or less the same thing was bad, I did NOT defend Tunmi's actions in any way.

Edit: @127: Yeah, that's what I meant. As I said, I think Jayjay has just misunderstood me.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2021-03-09 21:43:18

Hold on guys, let's not act to hastily here. I agree; I think Golden Crayon should go down until the stolen assets are removed, but let's not report him to his domain provider just yet. I started a project yesterday to replace the stolen sounds myself for no charge to Tunmi. If I can do this, I believe the game should stay up. I quite like the concept myself. There's not a lot of games like this in the audio games community, and I wouldn't want to see it get removed personally. Give me about 2-3 months, and I'll get it done.
Tunmi, considering the situation at hand, you don't have a lot of options here. I will get a list of the sounds so that people won't have to alter their maps. I'm sorry to say man, but you have no excuses left. You can deny the offer for me to replace the sounds for you, but I'd strongly advise against it, because the way things are going now, it won't be long before action is taken and you'll have to take the entire game down. I don't want that, and I know you definitely don't want that, so let's see what can be done here. My email is garrettsworld2000 (at) gmail (dot) com if you wish to get in touch with me about it.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2021-03-09 21:50:51

I have sent you an e-mail.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2021-03-09 22:02:00

@129

You should also consider that others are recording sounds for the game as well. I recorded a nice little door sound last night for it.
If the game goes down for a bit, and we just all build up sounds we can get this going even better than before, and this time without stolen assets.
Although, it still won't leave Tunmi looking too well, after this whole situation.
For now, the best thing we can do, in my opinion at least, is to as a group do our best.
Tunmi specifically, the lesson learned here... And I assume this really isn't over yet... But think before you act, and think about how your actions will effect your future.
Act like crap? That's what your future holds. Help people, do what's right? Eventually it'll come full circle and you'll benefit.

-----

2021-03-09 22:08:45 (edited by omer 2021-03-09 22:09:27)

well he is the one decided to screw up himself
as a  sound designer myself,  i consider that behavior unacceptable
+1 to 119

2021-03-09 22:49:54 (edited by PhantomCreations 2021-03-09 22:51:36)

Hello again,
Lauren again on behalf of phantom creations.
So this post is going to appear to contradict our previous post, allow us to explain.
@Dan_Gero, we politely request you not involve yourself with attempting to mend this offense, created by not yourself.
Tunmi has demonstrated that he has no problems ripping off people's work. He has demonstrated to not just phantom himself, but to the entire community, that this is acceptable and it carries no weight to anyone, involved or otherwise.
In essence, you are effectively wasting your time. Tunmi has shown himself to be a repeat offender on this front.
This goes to anyone else considering helping to replace the sounds for free. Tunmi was the person responsible for including these sounds, none of you should have to carry the blame or the weight of involving yourself with this effort.
In effect, Tunmi had no problems starting this, Tunmi should be the one to get himself out of this situation.
That being said, we have no rights or responsibilities to identify anyone helping him past present or future, and don't plan to. All we're saying is, please find yourselves something else to pass the time with. If your a sound designer, there are countless other places that need sound designers.
There are countless locations both here on this forum and off forum to get free sounds and request assistance from sound designers. Tunmi or anyone on behalf of his development team could have very easily posted there and gotten assistance having sounds designed for golden crayon or any future game.
As it is now, Tunmi is looking for any last ditch effort to not have to comply with the voice of the community.
Tunmi, if your reading this, we would have honestly left you alone if you had just removed stolen assets. There wouldn't be this post to read, and even our previous posts and emails wouldn't have had to have been written.
As to everyone else, please consider deleting the game. Any continued support of Tunmi and his development team signifies that one is perfectly fine with Tunmi's behavior, and his willfulness to disregard his own mistakes.
We honestly hope to not have to write on this topic any more.
Kindest,
The Phantom Creations Team

---
Email through the forum is welcome. Twitter: @phCrafting website: www.phantomcrafting.com
---

2021-03-09 23:11:59

I may not have to do this, but I want to. I don't put up with this mentality of stealing sounds either, that's why I'm trying to help replace them so we can get past this. Everyone deserves a second chance at redemption, even Tunmi. Remember guys, he's still a kid. He doesn't think through his implications like the rest of us do. Trust me, I know. I used to be a kid myself, and so have you all. When I was a kid, I used to crack games and steal sounds and do everything else that Tunmi is doing, but probably even worse. Since then, I've grown up and now I understand it's not right. All I ask is that you guys give him another chance. As of now, he has accepted my help to replace the sounds. I believe if he truly didn't care, he never would have accepted my help in the first place. Let's just see how this pans out.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2021-03-09 23:24:29 (edited by mazen 2021-03-09 23:25:18)

@134 the reason he accepted your help is probably phantom creations would have reported him to the hosting provider he’s using if he didn’t. He doesn’t care at all. Also he being a kid doesn’t mean everyone should fix his mistakes. Sorry but i really do agree with @133, you shouldn’t help someone like that

2021-03-09 23:50:42

If everyone ditches him right now, when he gets older and becomes a fully responsible adult and realizes the things he's done, it'll be too late. Nobody would ever accept him in communities anymore, and the things he's done would be held over his head for the rest of his life. I don't want to see that happen to him, because it's almost happened to me. If I knew how to program at a young age, it definitely would have happened to me, and nobody would ever want to be involved with me for as long as I live. I want to help him learn and come out of this before he does something that would screw him over indefinitely.

--------------------

2021-03-09 23:53:00

Oh damn, finally I shall throw in my opinions on this game. I would first like to say that I believe Tunmi has found his nitch. No killing, no weapons, just build, build, and for the hell of it, build some more.  I like this game rather a lot. It is no SBYW but it has quite a lot to offer with building right from the start. Then again SBYW has been around for much longer and has a few more devs on the team.  At first I was not a big fan of the coin charging to build thing, but then again what are you gonna do with all your coins that you get on the challenges.  It is a bit to chatty, but that can be turned off, and so can the on line and off line sounds.  Wich is good because you can build in piece.  You are still able to see what people are saying in the chat buffer, so muting them will not have you miss anything if you are in to that stuff.  And now on to the big issue that has taken over this topic; the stolen sounds.  I was saddened to see many sounds from other games on here, and many from libs that were just given to him by people who purchased a single user licence, or by people who got the libs who purchased said licence.  I am glad that he is replacing the stolen content and that he is slowly coming around.  Its about time we see another builder game that offers the option to build in 3d.  My playing this game does not make me a supporter of "Tunmi's behavior, and his willfulness to disregard his own mistakes."  Had to borrow from post num 133 because it was worded pretty well.  If people choose to help in helping tunmi make things right that is up to them.  They like the game, so they want to do what they can to help it stick around. Before I forget, why aren't we going after all the other devs who released other projects containing sounds that obviously were swiped from cracked games, and the works of others?  It is rather intresting that tunmi's game has to be dragged through the shit hole and not everyone elses works that contain stolen shit.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-03-09 23:55:29

If the sounds were stolen from my works, I would have done the same as Phantom Creations did, and I am glad they did, but lets see others do the same on here as well.  Purchasing a single licence for sound libs does not mean you can pass the content around, or collect it in a huge directory to pass around.  Both are wrong, and we as a community need to stop using sounds that were passed around the groups with-in the community.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2021-03-10 00:07:47

Vulcan, I agree. If we're going to prosecute Tunmi for using stolen assets, we need to prosecute every audio game developer under the same jurisdiction. This isn't going to pose an issue for those who would be effected by this rule, because we've got tons of people like myself who wouldn't hesitate to replace those stolen assets with new ones. There's no excuse for this anymore. If we're gonna do this, we need to go all the way. At first I was apposed to removing games like Crazy Party from the DB, but if the developers won't change their sounds and this is what needs to be done, then this is what needs to be done. If this rule is enforced, it will stop this sort of thing from happening again, and if we all work together to fix the games that have lifted assets then the problem would be solved. There's limitations to this of course, we can't exactly talk to Jim Kitchen and have him fix his games, but something has to be done before we run into a bigger issue. I'm not sure if this is a discussion that should be had in this topic though. What do you guys say we make a new topic to talk about this?

--------------------

2021-03-10 00:35:19

Tunmi has just taken down GC from his site until we can replace all the lifted assets. I know everyone is mad and that's perfectly understandable; I was too at first. I'm hoping that by replacing these sounds we can quell some of the tension here.

--------------------

2021-03-10 00:36:24

Yup, just saw the download was removed.
First step in the right direction.

-----

2021-03-10 00:51:03

Alright guys, here's what's up. I think I'm going to make a separate topic for the asset replacement project to prevent any further derailment of this one. It's probably going to be hard to talk about the game given the circumstances, but this deserves a separate topic in my opinion.

--------------------

2021-03-10 03:19:08

I'd like to raise a few points, since I've gotten here a bit late in the process. Things kind of blew up over the last couple of days.

1. Tunmi, making a poll was pointless. It is not up to this community's popular vote as to whether or not you obey the law, and you were foolish to believe that a favourable vote represents anything except a trapdoor for you to dive through. And you did it. Your reputation has taken a pounding, and you deserve every bit of it.
Pro tip for next time: when someone comes to you and says that you're using stolen assets, ask them to prove it. Make clear that you will remove stolen assets if you have proof that they were used illegally. Accidents happen, laziness happens. I don't want to normalize either one, but sure. Signal that you're willing to correct your mistake, and then don't move the goal-posts. Do not turn it into a popular vote. Do not invent justifications. Do not try and gaslight those who are, in their way, actually trying to help you. You behaved very badly here, and there is zero excuse.

2. PhantomCreations: Thank you for both the report and for your thoroughness. I'd like to point out one thing, however. Your responsibility begins and ends with ensuring that your property is not misused. If a commitment has been achieved, there is no reason to try and encourage others to further boycott Tunmi's projects. Let me put this another way. DanGero and perhaps others are trying to help Tunmi fix the problem he caused. You may see this as problematic, and I get that. However, your only real concern is in making sure your own assets aren't misused anymore. If Tunmi had taken this step much earlier in the process, we basically wouldn't even be here. Acting the way you did in your more recent post just makes it look like you've got a bit of a grudge. And look, I get it. You're upset because you had your assets misused. That is not okay under any circumstances. But revenge is petty, and it taints your optics a little. Maybe avoid that going forward. Redress for harm is reasonable. Punishment is not your prerogative, unless of course you want to try and get the law involved. In that instance, however, no one here is obligated to help you do so.

3. We promised you case law regarding copyrighted assets. We did this months ago. We've had a lot happening on the team, and this case law has not been finalized. This is an explanation, not an excuse. Situations like this bring the problem into far sharper focus, and it's clear that we need to make this priority #1 as soon as we can. It's one thing to rip off a company who is so huge they don't care, or who has no idea they're even being hurt; it's still not okay, but it's in an entirely different ballpark from ripping off a much smaller dev who can actually be impacted by this. As such, I'm issuing an apology on behalf of the entire staff team for not getting to this sooner. I cannot set an exact timeline for the assets reform that is so clearly needed, but it is coming, and this is an indication that we must prioritize it. I hope that we have not damaged the public trust too greatly by thus far being unable to display the changes we promised. We will do better.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-03-10 03:22:58

Point 1 is exactly what myself and vulcan have been saying. Instead of asuming its empty words, ask for evidence. Asuming made a man shit his pants, after all

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-03-10 04:16:44

Look at the behavior displayed here. Is this a person who wants to turn around? No. It's someone who got pushed into doing something they didn't want to do, but knew they had to or face the consequences. He wasn't apologetic, and he tried to craft a narrative putting him as the victim and Phantom Crafting as the horrible aggressors.

He's done this before, and what makes y'all think he won't do it again. Man, I really wish the users of this forum would start holding developers accountable for their actions. I know the staff do, but you are the ones playing the games too. Can we ever get to a point where the actual players are like, "You know what, I'm good. I'd rather not associate myself with a game whose developers act this way."

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2021-03-10 04:57:10

Chiming in to say just one thing.
You might notice the number of posts going here and there, I deleted one of my posts, which served no purpose at all, and I would not like to contribute much in drama topics. Since that post was not replied to, I deleted that. I could have remain silent and not said anything, but I don't care about my post count. This was probably a stupid step, but I still did it.
Bye.

2021-03-10 04:57:58

Good evening folks.
WE would like to report that there is an initial draft of what will soon become case law regarding the handling of asset theft. None of this is being enforced just yet as we are waiting on approval from an additional admin, but it's safe to assume that this is how things are going to be going forward.
read them here

2021-03-10 05:04:30

@StarFire: Credit to you for the admission, though it might be better to edit your post in the future. It's only a minor inconvenience in this case, but as you said the post count being out of line might have confused some people.

2021-03-11 01:37:52

@PhantomCreations, you might want to look into 3DYW. A lot of the sounds that are in SBYW are in that game as well

2021-03-11 01:48:33

Just like to remind y'all 3dyw isn't even on the forum anymore

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2021-03-11 02:01:05 (edited by titan_of_war 2021-03-11 02:03:10)

I really want it, sense i havent bin able to play sense the update. But i have no idea if it's aloud to share links on any topic or PM to download it so, sadface.

Bach is an astronomer, discovering the most marvelous stars. Beethoven challenges the universe. I only try to express the soul and the heart of man."
― Frederic Chopin.