2020-12-25 15:42:37

well, the title pretty much says what i'M asking for
are tehre any smart watches aside from apple watches that work with ios devices as well?
thanks

2020-12-25 16:11:32

The Dot watch and some of the newer Samsungs

2020-12-25 17:45:54

I believe AndroidWare watches are also accessible, but not even close to the level of accessibility found on Apple Watches, as far as I've heard.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-12-25 18:43:11

I've heard that there's a weird issue with AndroidWare and setting up with TalkBack

2020-12-25 21:23:01

@4, please just stop posting when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, or don't know enough to actually give specific information. Your contributions help no one.
For the record, android wear really isn't great, I'm not going to go all android apologist on you guys, not today, at least. That's mostly the fault of manufacturers for not including talkback though, + the fact that talkback generally has a long way to go on the watch side of things. It's perfectly usable, though, provided you get a watch that doesn't fuck with the firmware. I'd recommend Samsung watches on the hole though, though I have yet to try 1 myself, I've done a lot of research and heard others use them, and they do also have an app for non Samsung phones, possibly even IPhones, though if you have an IPhone the apple watch would probably be your best bet.

2020-12-25 23:52:02

thanks  for the responces smile

2020-12-25 23:53:59

At 5 dude, post 4 literally said that he heard of their beeing an issue with Talkback and android wear, nowhere did he say that there is a definite issue. So chill the fuc out already.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-12-26 03:29:31 (edited by Rich_Beardsley 2020-12-26 03:51:26)

@5 I've SEEN POSTS HERE WHERE PEOPLE CLEARLY SAY THAT TALKBACK DOESN'T WORK RIGHT AT SETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO, IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A Comment LIKE THAT, ACTUALLY DO SOME RESEARCH AND UNDERSTAND WHAT's GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2020-12-26 08:36:41

The dude who hasn't even used Android wear before is asking me to do research and understand what's going on. This is almost, but not quite, as good as that time you claimed none of the pixel phones have wireless charging.

2020-12-26 11:41:23

Hello,
I found that watches like Ticwatch PRO 3 and Fossil gen 5 are accessible for the blind. Both of these watches have Android wear OS installed with 1GB of ram and Snapdragon chipset. Since both of them are with wear oS, Talkback definitely works, because there are speakers as well and not for calling only. There is videio on Youtube about accessibility options on them and you can hear Talkback responsiveness as well as magnification gesture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZnVrMzGc4
I watched a comparison between these and decided that Fossil gen 5 should be better to me cause of it's water proof and compass feature, which is not available on the other one though. Although Ticwatch pro 3 has only water resistance IP68 rating, it's battery lasting much longer acording to the reviews I watched, also it supports LTE as I heard, but on the other hand since I need compass and this watch doesn't have it, I consider to buy Fossil gen 5 and sacrifise battery duration instead.
Maybe some of you have an experience of using these devices?
One friend of mine had some Huawei watch which was laggy as hell so I don't recommend it. But instead there is Samsung Galaxy watch wich is accessible, but there we have Tysen OS instead of Android so you will find no Talkback here, but instead there's Voice Assistant, which has a cerious problem due to it's decision when app should be considered as accessible and when it is not.
By the way I am waiting for Oneplus watch which should arive nex year I believe. Though there are no official info about the hardware or the software they'll use, but as a matter of fact they use Android with Oxygen OS on the top of it and experience of smartphones they offer are near the stock Android, so perhaps we can expect something good as well.

2020-12-26 14:30:18

hello.
at 10, the guy said clearly he's interested on other smart watches that work with iphone. so what's the hole talkback thing about? he clearly said he wants to use it with his iphone. so no need to explain how it works on android phones.
i asume he wants another kind of watch because the apple ones are expensive, especially when we talk about countries that have a smaller currency than the USD or euro or even the british pound. for example an apple watch here in romania is 1500 ron, at least which converted intoUSD it's around $350. let's not forget also about the import tax that authorised apple resellers charge for the products. because not all countries have a native apple store, so they use authorised resellers.
oh, and i almost forgot. europe has also the VAT tax which  it's 20% of the price here. so imagine that and then look at the final price.

2020-12-26 14:35:27

@vlad25 Maybe have at least been partially my fault. But wait, I thought Apple Watches were the only watches that worked with Apple devices, what's the deal?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-12-26 14:51:32

as far as i know android watches can work with apple devices if they have their own apps but, i enver tryed myself taht's why i asked

2020-12-26 15:24:51

Even Samsung watches work with IOS as far as I know.

2020-12-26 15:38:29

yeah but i'm not sure about the accessibility.

2020-12-26 18:14:09

From what I've been told the accessibility on Samsung watches is pretty good

2020-12-26 18:22:55

I have the active 2 and it is very accessible

2021-06-11 05:31:46

Resurrecting a topic I know, but not much has substantially changed within Wear OS to warrant a whole new topic discussing more or less this stuff.
The Wear OS watches can work with iPhones with varying degrees of success. Currently, the Gen 5 is the top dog as far as iPhone compatibility goes, as they even managed to get call support in. Obviously that's not standard issue for Wear OS though, there's likely some custom software stack for that integration, particularly given the current Wear OS's state of affairs.

2022-07-14 05:56:52

jack wrote:

Resurrecting a topic I know, but not much has substantially changed within Wear OS to warrant a whole new topic discussing more or less this stuff.
The Wear OS watches can work with iPhones with varying degrees of success. Currently, the Gen 5 is the top dog as far as iPhone compatibility goes, as they even managed to get call support in. Obviously that's not standard issue for Wear OS though, there's likely some custom software stack for that integration, particularly given the current Wear OS's state of affairs.

so I decided to take the plunge and got the galaxy watch 4 bluetooth version a few weeks back. And I am surprised, it really works a charm, especially since i managed to get eloquence on it which activated without problems at all, I thought that because it was no longer being sold that it would just not work but it does and make the watch feel very responsive. I guess I just have a few things which are related and one is if there is t9 input for typing, and the other one is that I could not figure out how to use voice dictation very well, I use gboard.
Typing with it is still difficult, but doable as you get talkback navigation commands to find letter. That with auto complete text makes quick short things that you need to say urgent very doable, plus the big wide assortment of quick responses you have too.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2022-07-14 09:15:21

Hi.
A while ago, I got a Fozzle Android watch, just to check it out. I don't remember what gen it was, but it runs Wear OS.
I needed sighted help to set it up because I couldn't use Talkback on the setup screen.
Talkback lags a lot on the watch, so it didn't worked very well. However, the speaker was really great.
The gestures wasn't improved to the small screen, and some of the gestures didn't worked. It felt like using Talkback made for the normal Android OS, and not the Wear OS which was weird.
There is a Wear OS app for IOS which makes the Android watches work with an Iphone. However, it'll work better on an Android phone, but it will work on an Iphone as well.
I ended up selling the watch to someone who use Android full time, because he would get a better experience with the watch.
I'm glad to read about the Galaxy watches, which sounds like they work better with Talkback.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2022-07-14 12:13:40

Hello. I own a galaxy watch 4 40mm myself, and it's awesome. It works perfectly with Samsung phones, I've never used it with an iphone and i think that's impossible. The last watch you could pair with an iphone is the galaxy watch 3 running on tizen.

Hey, if you wanna chat, add me on discord.: VIPPotato#3363
or you can chat with me on telegram: https://t.me/VIPPotato
Regards, and take care.

2022-07-14 19:30:48 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2022-07-14 19:36:21)

yeah they are really nice to use... I finally got the hang of most things after some time .. but still, voice dictation does not work for me so I guess I should just experiment more or tweak something... also two finger things apparently are not for these watches. and I guess it would have been nice to have a shortcut that turns talk back on or off but meh that is just a small wish that really would not add much to the experience.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2022-07-15 22:08:53

I'm very happy with my Galaxy watch4 classic. It's everything that other people said about galaxy watch 4, plus a bigger screen (46mm). I can perform 2-finger gestures on it easily, double tap for playback and calls, triple tap for talkback. It can also be set to announce time through vibrations after a double tap with 2 fingers. Only problem about it is the battery, Works just about 40 hrs

:)

2022-07-16 12:05:23

Hi.
I have some questions about the Samsung Galaxy Watch4:
1. Do you turn Talkback on by tripple tabbing with two fingers when you start the watch for the first time?
2. Can you install apps on the watch, and then use them with Talkback, unlike the previous Samsung watches, where you simply couldn't open apps when the screenreader was turned on?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2022-07-17 10:57:37

Hi.
I just noticed that with the latest watches from Samsung, they don't support the Iphone anymore. it seems like they won't support the Iphone anymore in the future which is a shame. All the previous models worked on the Iphone. Well, I'll just stick to the Apple Watch then. smile

Best regards SLJ.