2020-09-14 10:09:18

Lol I need to complete my manapedia and write down the name of every single Manamon in a text file so I can actually learn to spell them correctly. I like to use Bamboustica, especially after it gets wild vibration. Equip the vapor garment and there you go, same effects, but no confusion for you, just your enemy, who you probably want to beat to a pulp anyway.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-09-14 10:24:18

I've reformatted my PC and I lost a copy of my save file. Ug. Hate to do all the stuff again.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2020-09-14 11:13:33

Do you need some help?

2020-09-15 01:39:34

SPOILERS
BELOW
Hi all. I've just started a fresh run of this game after almost 8 months of not playing. I had just gotten to the Hyper Hathorilion fight in my first game and my computer failed. Anyway, I've been browsing the early days of this thread to get an idea of some parts of the game I may have missed. So I noticed people talking about collecting 8 coins and 3 of them are in the power plant, and I have not stumbled across any coins. I'm in the shadow valley now. Incidentally, I forgot how much I hated this ghost fight. ANYWAY what are these mysterious coins and are they important enough to go back for once I get a pocket copter?

2020-09-15 02:54:25

They very much are. If you plan to beat mythicals, there's one item there. And also, golden medal.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2020-09-15 03:14:12

I caught one of those flame/poison types. Thinking of giving it a broomstick and using that in place of my Gollovath. The broomstick will negate the Earth problem.

2020-09-15 03:41:03

Are these hidden items?

2020-09-15 04:55:09

Nope, but you need to have started the side-quest by talking to the appropriate NPC. Please use the search feature.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-09-15 05:49:19

question, and this is a personal preference, would you rather use something with just one type or go for something with more than one type it can cover?

2020-09-15 06:12:39

See, that's actually two questions, technically.
More types usually means more weaknesses, defensively. For instance, undead+sound means you're double-weak to ghost instead of just being singly weak to it.
However, from an offensive standpoint, having more types is good, particularly if you get good moves to cover it.
This is why Grandlan makes me as annoyed as it does. This thing can seriously cover virtually every type with its moveset, and most other manamon can't even get -close to that.

2020-09-15 08:16:42

I think Refloren is about to go live in the transportal, permanently. Magic wave is good and all, but it really just doesn't have the stats, or at least the one I caught doesn't.

2020-09-15 09:39:26

TheEvilChocolateCookie wrote:

Do you need some help?

Not at this point. THank you for the offer though. I don't want to play the game at this time.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2020-09-15 09:55:10

Refloran is not that bad I think. Gets a variety of moves like SoulRipper, Coppy, Parret, Screen Shatter. And if we talk about stats, 289 special attack with 255 speed is not bad I think. Also, I started to like Frorgiral more. Because lol, I just got to know that it can use Final Thunder.

2020-09-15 11:03:02

Like I said, it could just be mine. I'll take it to the stat checker.

2020-09-16 00:52:13

Hey, so one more question, and I did use the search function first before coming this time. Sorry about before. I didn't think to look for one.
Anyway...
SPOILERS
BELOW
So in the giant castle in Shadow Canion I found the Tower B key and got in there just fine, but for some reason I thought on my last playthrough I got to Tower A first. But I also might just be being dumb because I here a door behind Grand Master Douche that I'll get to after I beat him, which might be Tower A. So the question is... Should I have found Tower A by now or am I worried about nothing?
SPOILERS DONE
Loving this game though. I agree with @Jayde about the clumsy dialogue and bad grammer, but the increased complexity of the story over Manamon 1 is great. I just finished that game with the exception of completing the Manapedia, which if I'm being completely honest I will probably never do. But who knows. Maybe someday.

2020-09-16 00:59:02 (edited by BaelorTheBard 2020-09-16 01:06:36)

Also while I'm here, is there anywhere in this game to catch an Eroir or Montor? I know Montor or rather Mondevol is a good tank, though I didn't use him last game. My Eroir could absolutely annihilate people with Sparking Tail though, so I'd love to find one.

2020-09-16 01:57:02

Erroir can be found later.
And there is no tower A. The door behind Master Dyaz leads to a plot-necessary item in a very small area with absolutely nothing else in it.

2020-09-16 04:17:41

And I found the problem with my Refloren, terrible health.

2020-09-16 22:51:59

What is it about poison pressure that doubles when a target is poisoned? I feel like it does pretty much exactly the same damage either way. Can it not be the lethal one from pollution solution? I figured maybe I was just mentally disconnected somehow and missing it, but something that was doing double its normal damage would be very, very hard to miss.

2020-09-16 22:53:28

That might actually be a bug then. Because its damage is supposed to double when the foe is poisoned. If that's not happening, that sounds like a problem, and not intentional.

2020-09-16 23:04:07

Also seems odd that no one else would have noticed. I also wonder what "reasonably likely to poison the foe" means, from ooze blast. Does that mean it falls somewhere between hardly ever and never ever? Best I can tell, it doesn't seem any more or less likely than any other move that has a chance to inflict some kind of status. Also, poisonous essence seems like a silly ability for Sansurgion when it's better poison moves are special. Bleh.

2020-09-17 03:19:20

Looks like the damage from poison pressure doubles only if the target has normal poison. I'm told this is a bug and will be fixed in the future, but not worthy of an update on its own at the moment.

2020-09-17 04:57:22

The same way that moveset tweaks are apparently not worth an update. Just...bleh, at this point. That's all I have to say about that.

2020-09-17 16:25:18

I guess that's about all anyone can say at this point is bleh. Just, bleh. It's one of my favorite games, which I'm sure is well and truly obvious by the sheer number of posts I've generated on this subject alone. But, in a word, bleh. A move isn't working quite the way it should. If that's not a reason to push out an update, what is? Yep, I'd say bleh just about covers it. lol

2020-09-17 21:09:31 (edited by BaelorTheBard 2020-09-18 02:25:55)

Hi, sorry maybe a dumb question but what the hell.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
So I got the plot with Sangora started by listening to her play in the cafe but I'm stumped as to how to continue it. Is there any other main story stuff to do in Brightenberg for now or should I head to the next town? I'm leaning toward the latter but figured I'd ask. I know I have to do it eventually but I figured there would be a rade on Brightenberg's Madam Bavilles by our friendly local cult thugs, which also hasn't happened. For now I'm going to head for the next town since I have the copter but if I'm missing something stupid please let me know.

Update: Never mind I totally figured it out.