2020-06-29 18:46:26

It wasn't actually an Android update, but a Talkback update. I believe up from Talkback version 5, but I am not sure. What I do know for sure however is that those sounds are a part of 3.x versions, so I am only unsure whether they were replaced in TB 4 or 5.

2020-06-30 01:28:00

Hi,
So, stupid question, but how exactly do you create sound schemes in audex? I've looked everywhere I can think of on my phone with USB file transfer enabled, nothing, so I assume audex stores its files somewhere not accessible to the user without rooting. Unfortunately googling has yielded a grand total of nothing useful, so does anyone know what I can do here? I'd rather not have to import every single sound manually on the phone.

2020-06-30 02:18:57

Update, apparently I'm an idiot. I somehow failed to notice the custom option in the schemes menu. However, it doesn't seem to like midi files after all, it won't let me select them in audex. Am I missing something?

2020-06-30 11:54:00

@haily_merry, Where does it even search for files? Let alone where the other ones are stored on the device.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-06-30 13:01:20

You can have it search anywhere, just click show roots and select the folder where your files are stored. That isn't my issue though, the .mid files are all, acoarding to talkback, disabled.

2020-06-30 13:44:46

@haily_merry, Damn! That's stupid. And there's no option to enable them I guess? If you had to manually show those files, then why make them disabled instead of just having them not appear? Yeah, that's an odd one. Just to clarify, actually double-tapping still does nothing, right? Have you tried with other audio formats?

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (@Minionslayer0). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Mastodon at @Minionslayer.

2020-06-30 14:53:48

Those are only the quirks of the standard Android  file manager, not Audex. I don't remember now exactly how this is done, but maybe try clicking the more options button and you might find an option to show all files or something. Will look with my device a little later today and let you know how it works.

2020-06-30 15:50:33

@nidza07, If I'm honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it just strait-up didn't work for some reason. It is pretty old I think.

2020-06-30 17:05:38

Yeah. In fact, it is possibly the issue of never Android versions. I used it as far as Android 7 I believe.

2020-08-22 00:13:17 (edited by Minionslayer 2020-08-22 00:28:39)

I apologize for potential topic necromancy warnings, but I have a valid point. Namely, neither for me nor haily_merry, the MID files in Audex show as dimmed or unavailable. I realize that Audex is abandonware, but I figured I'd bring this up as users report successful experiences where we haven't.
Edit: I have now got this to work, however I needed to choose the file through Total Commander.