2020-08-06 16:40:06

The format to use potions is
pot u "potion index" "enemy index"
example
pot u 0 1
For the potions listed enemy index is not needed as they have no target.
Remember to check the help command if you have any questions.

2020-08-06 17:11:51 (edited by flameAlchemist 2020-08-06 17:15:30)

when I read the help on using potions it got confusing with the index and the enimy index. also what's a NeowEvent

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-08-07 02:07:53

My mod assigns many things numbers to help with its commands. The potion slots have numbers, enemies have numbers, cards have numbers, etc. These are the indexes.

Neow is the whale that greets you at the beginning of the game. She offers you are starting bonus. This is the NeowEvent.

2020-08-08 05:30:33

Hey guys.
I am currently running low on features to implement in the mod.
If there anything you guys think could improve the mod, let me know. Don't worry about if its possible or not, I'll figure that out.

2020-08-08 14:34:39

Hey hey great Wensber!
Could you have a look on some mods for example downfall or the haysed?
Maybe you can find some things for implementing there.

2020-08-08 15:18:27

@Wensber I think that's just a sign that the mod pretty much nails all of the important aspects which is awesome!

I have a few minor tweaks that could be made which I posted up on the Github, but other than those as I said I think TTS works really well. I'm having way too much fun with this game thanks to it, I've played at least for an hour or two for the past few weeks.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-08-08 15:33:44

isn't there a way to view your replays? Maybe you could make that accessible somehow? Maybe like, you type proceed to walk around and then during battle, each of your moves has a 1 second delay where the text gets written to the screen or something? Not sure how much you can program with that though.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-08-08 16:34:50 (edited by Loxias 2020-08-08 16:36:59)

So first I want to thank Wensber, Pitermach and everyone else whose work has made Slay the Spire accessible. It's a great game that's easy to lose a couple hours to without trying.
With that said I'm running into a problem. I've been playing on my old laptop with no issues, but I just tried getting it set up on my new one, and the Mod the Spire window is for some reason completely inaccessible now. It doesn't read any of the buttons, and I can't get to the toggle all mods button. OCR isn't finding it either. I even tried loading it up on my old one, where it still works fine, and copying the number of tabs it takes to find that button and then to get back to the play button. No dice.
Has anyone seen this happen? How do I fix it? As of right now I'm completely stonewalled on this laptop and cannot play on it.

2020-08-08 18:56:30

Hi.
To make mts launcher accessible turn on java acces bridge.
I fugured that sometimes nvda wont read these buttons and you need to turn on acces bridge.

2020-08-08 19:19:14

Ah, glurk. Figures I was forgetting something. Odd because I looked at the setup process and I know I definitely didn't do that last time, so I wonder how I got it. But thanks.

2020-08-08 20:55:57

Is there a way to read flavour text with the mod? I've been using ocr for now which does work, just figured I'd ask.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-08-08 21:14:14

Use the event command. And don't forget to check it again after making a decision in an event.

2020-08-09 00:34:35

Awesome, thank you very much! I get confused by the help sometimes, sorry.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2020-08-09 07:06:28

@wensber: Last I played endless mode, which granted was  a long time ago, blights were not viewable.  Is that something you could look into? assuming you didn't already.
Otherwise though, this mod's already pretty amazing and the amount you put into it has been incredible. 
Regarding other mods, almost everything from downfall is fully playable, except for hexaghost and the actual downfall mode.
Downfall mode would be playable too except TTS is unable to navigate the map though it is able to read it.  I think it breaks because you're placed on the top and move down rather than the other way around.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2020-08-09 07:26:04

@aaron77
Blights are given to you in the form of relics. You should be able to view them from the relic window or using the relic command. I admit that I haven't tested this and am just basing this off the wiki saying blights are negative relics so let me know if for some reason they are not appearing.
Mod support should be possible. First, though, I'd need to figure out how to check is specific mods are loaded. I should be able just ask the Slay the Spire discord for that. Don't expect anything this week though. I haven't even played any mods let alone looked at their code.

2020-08-09 08:52:00

Just ran through an endless run and blights are definitely not appearing in the relics window.  I know I'm acquiring them because they're definitely affecting me.
They're probably only negative relics in concept, but not mechanically.
Also, after a certain point, and I think a blight might be causing this since this typically only happens after I acquire one, navigation becomes impossible.
I see  the nodes I can move to as I normally would, but selecting one does nothing.
Regarding mods, it appears that this mod checks to see if other mods, specifically friendly minions, are loaded to give the player access to a card, but friendly minions is not required for the mod to run.
HTH!

2020-08-09 12:26:18

Hi guys. I have been playing the game for some time now and I finally managed to beat the game with the three basic characters, ironclad, the silent and defect. It seems though that the other character wasn't unlocked, I wonder what could be the issue. Is the mod affecting the unlockables in any way or am I missing something? I checked the run history and I am 100% certain that I have won the game with each character.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2020-08-09 12:37:39

Subscribe to the mod that enables achievements, it should work then.

2020-08-09 15:56:25

I am already subscribed but no luck, it seems there is something wrong because the watcher refuses to unlock.

Stephen King

2020-08-09 21:16:37

@mastodont
By any chance did you unlock something something else at the same time? If you unlock cards or relics at the same time as a character then the character does not unlock. This is an issue with the game itself. You will just need to win another game.

2020-08-10 04:58:40

also, did you win a standard game?   Dailies / custom games don't count for character unlocks.

2020-08-10 05:32:03

How do I go in to a dayly thing?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2020-08-10 06:19:18 (edited by Wensber 2020-08-10 06:20:45)

@flameAlchemist
On the main menu, use the command daily. Then check the event window or use the event command to see the daily mods. Then use the command embark to start the run.
Now that I think about it, I should look into adding some way to check the daily run leaderboard.

2020-08-10 07:36:36

Well, I heard a sound like I unlocked something but nothing was displayed in the event window, only my score. I cwrote the command proceed several times but the window seemed to be stuck so I just exited the program hoping for the best. I was running with the_silent, the hardest character imo. I could relatively easily beat the game with the others but silent took me several hard days trying to find a suitable strategy. I guess it just doesn't fit well with my playing stile.

Stephen King

2020-08-10 07:52:09

HI, you don't need to win with each character to unlock the watcher. You need to enable achievements and I think beat act 3 with just one character.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.