2020-08-10 10:36:17

@Wensber:  yes.  Leaderboard support would be great especially now that the board on minmax.gg was killed.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2020-08-10 13:51:07

@mastodont, yeah; that's a new card I think.

That stuff doesn't get read by the program yet.

I'm gone for real :)

2020-08-10 16:29:48

You can read it in the event window along with your score. It was not displaying anything though so idk what could have been wrong. I guess I'll have to hit a few runs to see if things get fixed after resubscribing to all of the mods again.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2020-08-10 16:40:07

There is again a special sale on gog.com for this wonderful game.

2020-08-10 20:09:13 (edited by blindndangerous 2020-08-10 20:19:00)

I'll also second leaderboard support, I went hunting for a site to display them to see if I could find if I was actually posting, and the only one I found was taken offline because of low user activity.  Other than leaderboard support, I can only think of making more of the other popular mods work, but apart from that, the mod is pretty much got everything covered except for leaderboards and settings.  Patch notes I think we can find online.

2020-08-10 22:36:34

Hi.

I just got done playing a run using the popular replay the spire mod. It would be great if you could add support for that one. There was one particular boss, the fable spinner I think it was called that didn't work with the mod. I think it was because it uses a new mechanic. Other than that though, everything works great! Oh, also, how well does the friendly minyons mechanic work? Has anybody tested it out?

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2020-08-10 23:35:27

I asked that on github, and I believe he said that it'd be a lot of work because he'd have to see how that mod operates

2020-08-11 01:51:48

I think I found a pretty epic exploit with the mod. at a rest site, choose to smith. Select your card, then type confirm and then immediately enter 1, and you can smith an item and rest as well. You have to enter 1 before the next screen shows up.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2020-08-11 02:06:12

@keyIsFull
Oh damn that bug is back again.

2020-08-11 05:19:32

That bug works with smithing twice as well.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2020-08-12 21:19:29

I would also really love to see leaderboard support. I'd love to get to check standings without needing to OCR the screen.

2020-08-13 22:40:50

Hi.
Updating cards are a bit confusing for me.
I have upgraded a defense card at the beginning of the game, and I see that this card should give me 8 points instead of five but when I have defense card in my hand I see that it still gives me 5 points.
How it works?

2020-08-13 22:54:23

Keep in mind that you are upgrading single cards. With the basic strikes and defends, you usually get 5 copies of each at the start. So if you then go and upgrade one of them, it only upgrades that 1, while the other 4 are still unupgraded.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2020-08-13 23:26:24

Oh that is logical.
My thinking are abit slow today.
Thanks for the expanation

2020-08-14 20:05:42

It would be really nice if we could read what the cards do when you have to choose one after each battle, sighted people can do this so I hope we can in the future.

2020-08-14 20:26:06

@Brad you can do this by using the choice command. For example, to see what the first card does type choice 1 or c 1. If you forgot what a card does, when it is in your hand, type hand 1 or h 1 and it will be read by the mod. Likewise, if you want to know what a certain relic does type relic followed by it's number.

Stephen King

2020-08-14 22:25:43

You can! Holy crap, that's gonna make my playthroughs so much easier!

Now I can say that for me at east; this game is fully playable! wow.

can I donate anywhere for the OP of these accessibility mods?

2020-08-14 22:58:33

The choices command also works in shops! It's awesome!

But I don't get how the hell the slime card works, can someone explain it?

2020-08-15 00:53:14

You mean "slimed"?
It's a debuff your enemy puts on you, as far as I know it is shuffled into your draw pile and if you draw it, you can destroy it if you pay the energy cost, otherwise it'll just keep coming up.
You can look at it this way: If you draw a slime card in a round, that means you have drawn one less card, because it is useless to you.

2020-08-15 03:36:17

Hi all,
Is it only me? Or there are multiple things We can't see when using Text the spire?

For example what kind of cards We can get? I mean the colors, yellow, silver, blue? It determines if the card is unique, rare etc.

The same with the bosses: There are bosses who are changing their form so you can plan the situation and strategy. If I Am wrong let me know.

What about the game tutorial messages? As far as I know it is teaching you about game mechanics and what is what and how you can use things.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2020-08-15 05:40:17

The tutorial is not accessible but the rest is. The latest version of text the spire tells you the type of card you're drawing and how common it is, just do choice followed by it's number or hand followed by it's number if the card is in it. As for monsters, you can see their intents by typing monster. You will hear, for example, deffend, attack 30.0, this means the foe will hit with a power of 30 and you need 30 block to not sustain any damage, debuff, etc. When the intent is unknown the enemy will usually transform or split into more enemies.

Stephen King

2020-08-15 05:45:04

@Berenion, thanks, I thought it said slime and not slimed, your reply really helped.

2020-08-15 08:26:22

@Lirin
I will add card color in the next update.
I am fairly certain the only boss that transforms is the Guardian and you can figure it out from his powers which form he is in. When offensive it tells you how much damage he need to take to transform and he stays defensive for a set number of turns.
I disabled the tutorial messages because they were a pain to try to implement. It is theoretically possible for me to restore and implement them but I don't see much of a reason to.

2020-08-15 11:45:54

@Wensber thank you!
I just watched the gameplays the last night just to see peoples strategies etc and I realised I learned few things just because them reads the tutorial messages explaining the carcs, situations etc. Is it possible to enable tutorial messages in the separate window?
I mean this would be great for many players to understand how it works, read about cards etc including me.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2020-08-15 11:46:36

@Wensber
And thank you for this fantastic work you did! It is just fantastic and the game is addicting as hell! smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam