2020-01-28 10:56:27

Hi.

Well, the question remains though how bad the virus is anyway, this just feels like the new killer disease which will keep the world on it's toes and in about 6 months, noone will talk about it anymore, it was the same with Ebola, BSE, EhiC, that pig sicness and all the others.
What I'm missing abit is the comparison to other sicnesses and their fatalitys.
In Germany for example, from 2018 to 2019, the estimate is that about 3.8 million people visited a doctor regarding a possible flew diagnosis. Of those, about 182000 were confirmed with the flew diagnosis.
and of those, about 20000 died because of the flew.

So, about 1000 infected and 100 fatalitys of the Corona virus might sound much, but you have to compare it to other viruses.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2020-01-28 11:01:03

Also at post 1, how the hel do you assume that there are 5000 casualties?
Checking up on an article from yesturday, the estimate is that there are about 2800 infections with about 100 casualties.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-28 12:04:25

do you really believing news, honestly i dont
dont worry though the virus will go in fiew months or so, i believe this is just for testing the people's reactions for such an event
there are also proved points about this virus beeing created in a lab
an other scarry thing is viruses can abel to mutate, thus we dont know how its going to behave when it mutated
the virus has 10 days of incubation so it wont show the simptoms til that day
an other scarry thing is, mutations can be controlled at labs, so someone can make a virus like a program with this curront tech we have.
we dont have to worry at the moment though, international health organisation released a statement about this case, saying its not needed for an emergency action, see here

2020-01-28 14:56:10

I rather believe factual, checked news than hysterical kids on Facebook or conspiracy theories.
Yeah, a pal of a pal of a pal of mine said that on FB. It's gota be truth cus pal said on FB, ya know, cus nobody bother check news, that's boring stuff man.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2020-01-28 15:33:05

at 29 are you saying that I am a histaricle kid?

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-01-28 15:43:01

My lady and I have been following the news on this one.
According to both the reports we've heard on Bbc and sky news, yes there are indeed several thousand confirmed cases in the specific city where the virus started and there were this morning 106 fatalities.
the virus also does spread rather quickly and have a high incubation period.

However, the virus itself is as Jayde said, no worse than the flue. Those who have died were people with existing health problems or were eldily or perhaps infirm.

outside of China, there have so far been no confirmed cases in the Uk, though there is a serious quarrenteen on anyone coming from that part of China, one case in France and I think two in different parts of the USA, however, note that these are only cases of people with the virus, I don't believe anyone outside of China has died from it.

so, all in all, no, it is not a good situation, especially for the poor people in that part of china, but it's not exactly the end of civilization as we know it thus far, also, bare in mind China has a massive research grant itself and pretty much every major disease control agency in the world is looking for this, so everything that could be done is being done.

As for hating China, well that just seems stupid to me.
Last I checked when someone, or yet a country ahad bad things happen, the intelligent response was to feel sympathy and wish to do something about it, not hate them.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-28 15:50:50

And in a touch of irony....a plague game is toppping the Chinese mobile charts. I had to read that story twice to make sure it was real

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-01-28 16:03:07

Hi.

At 27 well I won't go and believe anything coming ffrom facebook, some random conspiracy theorist who isn't even informed and just spurts out fake news or little hysterical kids like OP who believe such stories, they come from those always true platforms like facebook and twitter right?
I rather believe what I can find in known news formats and read up on scientific data when it's availabley.
Never the less, depending on who will find a cure for the virus first has a very good way to make some serious cash with the cure.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-28 17:14:50

I have a lot of friends in China and I am kinda frightened...

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2020-01-28 18:04:04

I'm not worried. Though I'll just point out the coronovirus, or as a friend dubbed it, kung flu (which made me laugh more than I should) comes 102 years after the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic. Fairly sure now nature's trying to do population control every centuy now

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2020-01-28 21:14:51

I think its because chienese people and frends eats everything: sorry chienese frends but I think, you should care about what are you eating

2020-01-28 21:35:03

@manamon player, who are these chienese people  people you speak of? Are they some cannible aliens who are going to eat everyone, that would indeed be bad for everyone's health, indeed my Doctor once told me that I am especially vulnerable to being eaten, especially with bbq sauce, that is why I eat so much bbq sauce myself, to try and develop a tolerance ;D.

Seriously, I always find it funny when people have a downer on the eating habits of other countries, China particularly.
A
A chinese friend of mine who lived opposite me at university once told me that in China, the diea of any sort of dairy products is quite disgusting! especially fermented products such as cheese. It's actually true if you think about it, your essentially eating a badly curdled secretion from an animals most intimate bits big_smile.

My friend had got used to cheese being in Britain, but he said his parents were quite appauled at the idea big_smile.

He also interestingly said the one western habbit he really hated, with the business of  eating cuts of meet without bones.
He said he was okay with a stew, but the idea of a burger or the like really bothered him since he said if you don't see the bones, let alone the head, you don't know it's from a real animal, indeed he couldn't understand one girl who hated the idea of eating things with a face and head still on.

I obviously don't share either of his dislikes myself, not having grown up in China, but I could understand them.

I'll also say btw, you'd be quite amazed how lovely some things are if you try them and if they're cooked properly.

I am a fan of frogs legs and snails, and a friend of mine once cooked me eland. I also quite like zebra when I can get it, and squirrel was rather nice.

I have  tried both fried chicken feet and duck's tongues, neither of which I personally was a fan of, though I do enjoy chicken livers.

Maybe again it's that a lot of traditional British food is a bit more earthy, I was bought up on  steak and kidney pie, and faggots, which are meetballs made  from meat offcuts and frequently contain bits of heart, so I'd say I'm probably the last person  criticise any culture for their  culnerary traditions big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2020-01-29 03:44:02

hello
somethings to point out
at dark
I mite have think stupidly to hate china: because some of my friends manipulated me to watching all of those articles
I mite have mistaken to say that china is bad: I said sorry
hope you accept
at 32 and 33; wel; as post 30 says; I am asking you this again
and at lookece and at simba
am I really that histericle kid who watches fake mooovys? wel; your mistaken two; because that is persenal attack and I can't tallerate it

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2020-01-29 10:13:17

corono virus isnt the reason to hate china, if your searching for a reason, see the facts about Uygur Turks

2020-01-29 11:05:22 (edited by gerech 2020-01-29 11:10:10)

as of today there has been 6000 cases of the coronavirus. as reported by the daily beast .

article wrote:

The coronavirus death toll rose to 132 in China as of Wednesday morning, with 1,459 new confirmed cases popping up in the country from Tuesday. According to CNN, the National Health Commission announced that there were a total of 5,974 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus. Compared to Tuesday's numbers, Wednesday's tally marked 25 new deaths in Hubei province and one new death in the province of Henan. The NHC also announced that Tibet reported its first case of the virus, while Taiwan confirmed its eighth case of the virus and France confirmed its fourth case. Other locations, including Washington D.C. and British Columbia, are investigating possible cases of the virus.

also this:
As reported by CNNPhilippines.

article wrote:

Manila (CNN Philippines, January 29) — A 29-year-old man from Yunnan, China, who was under observation in San Lazaro Hospital in Manila for a possible novel coronavirus infection and tested positive for HIV died Wednesday morning due to pneumonia, health officials have confirmed.
Health officials, however, clarified that the man had not yet tested positive for infection of novel coronavirus, officially known as 2019-nCoV.
“There is nothing in the preliminary test results that would show that this death is caused by novel coronavirus,” Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said during Question Hour at the House of Representatives Wednesday afternoon.
Duque said samples from the man have been sent to the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) to be tested for 2019-nCoV.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-01-29 19:01:38

well at this moment i understand more than hundreds of people has been dead, and 6000 is patient in different countreys.
Thanks, in Georgia is not that virus, govermant closed flying from pekin to georgia, so.
But every day that virus is expanding and keeps doing it, so the nearest location of georgia is france, hope that will end soon.

Yours kindly

2020-01-29 20:29:36

@Ty: You left the K off of your signature and included a trailing space. It says "itten ".

2020-01-30 00:07:43

hi.

At 36 dude, seriously, that's one of the dumbest comments i heard, go and read up on the virus before talking, seriously.
At post 37 yup, exactly what I ment.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-30 02:16:41 (edited by electro 2020-01-30 02:19:16)

I'm still alarmed. Very, very alarmed.
There was some meme in the social networks that connect the virus with the Resident Evil games. In this case thay said that the virus was originated from a chinese company that has a logo similar to the Umbrella Corporation.
Edit: If the cases will become 6666 then I must have been scared.

73 Wj3u

2020-01-30 08:01:33

The virus is scary enough on it's own without throwing the tyrant or Nemesis or any of those fun things in big_smile.

that being said, we were watching the bbc news tonight and the response seems to be pretty quick. Also as compared to some viruses we've had this century such as the sars virus, this one, though prompt to spread, is not quite as deadly, since all of those who died have been people with existing health problems.

Of course, it's a bad thing, indeed I gather  in China especially the response has been a little draconian, with some villages cutting off all contact from the outside world, and all public transport in Wu han, the affected city (sorry if I'm completely messing up the spelling), being stopped.

That being said, the response from other countries has been quite rapid, one reason why there are comparatively few cases outside china, and none in many countries (I believe there are two in the states and one in France).

To me, the fact that the virus hasn't! become more serious than it has shows what people can actually do when they cooperate, makes me think a good old alien invasion might just be the best thing for world piece big_smile.

2020-01-30 13:27:49

as of an update of the coronavirus:

reported by CNN Philippines.

CNNPhilippines wrote:

The Philippines has confirmed its first case of novel coronavirus or 2019-nCoV.
The Department of Health announced Thursday that a 38-year-old female Chinese national who travelled to the Philippines from Wuhan — the Chinese city where the coronavirus outbreak originated — via Hong Kong tested positive for the virus. She arrived in the country on January 21, the DOH said.
The DOH further disclosed that she consulted with a doctor after experiencing mild cough and was subsequently admitted to a government hospital in Metro Manila. The DOH said she is no longer exhibiting any symptoms of coronavirus infection.
“We are working closely with the hospital where the patient is admitted and have activated the incident command system of the said hospital for appropriate management, specifically on infection control, case management and containment. We are also implementing measures to protect the health staff providing care to these patients,” DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III said.
DOH Epidemiology Bureau Director Ferchito Avelino said they are also looking at places where the woman stayed in Cebu and Dumaguete. He added that they are working to identify and quarantine employees at establishments who had close contact with the woman
Avelino also said they are also working with the Bureau of Quarantine to determine what flights the Chinese woman took to the Philippines. He said they will track down the four passengers nearest to the front, back and sides of the patient, contact them and advise them accordingly.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-01-30 14:25:19

Hi.

Germany also has it's first 4 cases confirmed and apparently there are still German students at university campusses in Wuhan. I'm wondering though what will happen with the chinese vendors at the toy fare in Nurenberg, there are about 200 of them, and I think some from the Wuhan region.

Greetings Moritz.

2020-01-30 16:25:25

Hi all.
I do not think the corona virus is in  our the country yet, but...
I hope they manage to create a cure for the virus, and everything be all right in China.
And 37, some of those discussed disgusting. It might just be me, but you.
and also...
Moderation.
Manamon on this Gabriel, you have been warned by doing something.
All right. I am done. This dictation is really working for me. Maybe I should speak more slowly., Phones about to die. Let me put it to charge. I could stop rambling right about now. Remember, always think about the positive it is good to be an optimist.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-01-31 17:10:02

We have the virus here too, but they're holding it back, i hope.
It's not China's fault. It happened, now we just have to hope that in the end things will be fine and that they will find a vaccine.
My biggest concern is for the ones who lost and lose family members, friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, thinking of them.
That's the best all of us can do.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2020-01-31 18:28:24

213 deaths, 10000 is fighting with this virus.
this virus is in world's 22 countrey now, and in georgia, it came too!

Yours kindly