2020-01-04 03:18:40

So this is a game I can not try out. Both the download link and the temp link blow. Nothing but errors, wich is rather unfortunate.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

Thumbs up

2020-01-04 03:54:20

hei. I'm trying to download the game but it the first link seems to be broken and the dropbox link displays an error, could anyone please put the correct link?

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

Thumbs up

2020-01-04 09:15:39

here is a working lin til 11.01.2020
https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAI … eS8Asn5N_w

2020-01-04 15:07:17

server down again.

Thumbs up

2020-01-04 15:14:28

yeah, i cant do anything about that

2020-01-04 19:21:35 (edited by hadi.gsf 2020-01-04 19:22:58)

Jesus i hope that you did not pay for this web hosting service and its free.  the downtime is horrendous

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

Thumbs up

2020-01-04 22:26:30

@OP, I would strongly encourage you (and, well, everyone else using JC hosting) to go elsewhere. JC is only making your lives and yoru players lives miserable and definitely not giving a good UX.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 04:51:26

He had to pay for them, because both Ivan and Charlie have domains through them. It would have been better to host your own (This coming from someone who uses hosted web hosting) and you have control over what happens.

2020-01-05 06:35:35

Patrick, just so we're clear, it's haily, she / her. Don't blame you though, I know it may take some people a while to get used to the change.
As to the web hosting issue, I'll need to switch domains at some point because, well, CJM, is not exactly valid anymore. Until then though, it is what it is. I don't own this domain, I simply pay for it but I can't do anything with it like change it's nameservers. Whenever I change websites I might see about hosting my own, but I'll need my own server first, and to keep that going I'll need some active income. I've considered making parts of this game paid before, possibly have the usage of some items and / or features restricted to paid users only, but I still need to actually figure out the paypal API and stuff like that first, and I'm still not having much luck with that.

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 07:27:58

Sorry lol. Totally forgot.

2020-01-05 13:07:09

I hate the idea of making certain items paid, honestly. That's a scummy thing to do. Oh, want an ultrabomb? Gotta pay up first. Want to use X weapon? Pay. Want to have an advantage? Pay. THat's what it sounds like and it's the exact same as every other free to play game really...yeah I'm being cynical, but I'm just saying. I don't like the whole oh I need income so I'm going to shove bits of this game behind a paywallargument. There's already a small playerbase, why would you do something that ddives players away?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 13:37:11

Seriously? A competetive fps with payed items? No, no, and no. There's a reason why call of dudy is the only fps that gets away with it, and even then, COD is not exactly popular with many people who  are more mature than a 12 year old. Literally every other mainstream fps with micros just uses them to buy new content or cosmetics. No weapons, supply drops, or advantages over others. Even Cod only sells rare drops, which have a chance for you to get good gear but they don't always have it. Your player base is already goudged enough because of your pr nightmare of a release. This will just drive more people away, when the ritch buy their way to the top. Frankly, I'm struggling to believe what I'm reading here. Put the server behind a universal paywall that counts for everyone if you must, but don't start with this "money buys power" crap. Not for this genre.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 14:12:49 (edited by JaceK 2020-01-05 14:17:30)

@Connor:

Agreed. Agreed a whole shitload. COD for instance released a paid K/D tracker. A. Paid. K/D ratio. Tracker. Just...no. Also given the whole stereotype of the community, i.e. the whole oh but it must be free mindset some people have....I don't see it being popular at al...but I do want to point out one nitpick in your post, bot the now closed Battlefield Play4Free (which was actually good) and Battlefield Heroes (also good) had items. TF2 has item drops, but TF2 is its own beast, you get the base game for free then buy additional items.

Point is. In all the games I mentioned above. You got the base game for free, Hey in CoD you get the base game for free with your $60 purchase. And no, Hailey, I'm not saying charge $60, because honestly, this feels like a beta Android mobile shooter. If it was on a phone I could look past the bugs and issues really, since I tend to have much lower expectations of mobile games (thank you industry for that), but....I'm going to float a wild idea out there. Stick with it...

You need income? You get benefits. Now I'm not flat out telling you use your benefits/SSI/etc to pay for a server, but...

Also, read up on the laws related to lootboxes before you even consider that as an idea. There's a lot of backlash on it.

EDIT: Oh and not forgetting CS GO too for lootboxes, and of course...and in the sports genre, Madden. Ultimate team, anyone? Look at how broken that mode or 2K's MyTeam is....and read up on the mechanics of lootboxes, too. They make it as unfair as they possibly can to get you to pay more.

EDIT#2: more mature than a 12 year old on PSN/XBL? Why did I immediately hear in my head your standard 12 y/o trash talk when I read that.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 14:32:55

ok so i think there are a problem with beacons. they don't always seem to work as well as they should. also i think there needs to be some sound balancing along the line. to my mind the steps of your char are way too loud. i can't always hear what's coming until it's too late.

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 15:41:29

Link is kinda broken, even Omer's one as well. But reading through this topic, I guess I didn't lose anything by not trying it big_smile

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 16:11:46 (edited by omer 2020-01-05 16:13:06)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfql03u6pz8k1 … h.rar?dl=0

2020-01-05 22:04:12

I hope bb's server problem will be fixed, . . ., when?

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 22:21:07

Uh, guys? I just tried the dropbox link in post 1 and it works just fine. Not sure what's going on there.
About making some features paid, DLC always has been and always will be a thing. I understand why some of you might not like it, but that doesn't take away from the fact that mainstream does it all the time and it's also a fairly reliable way to keep earning money, as proven by STW and TK. Sure STW has it's issues because of it and how many people will just buy endless amounts of DFC's or whatever, but the game is still very playable even if you can't pay for things yourself, both because of the amount of people willing to pay and the simple fact that a person with a DFC is still killable even if they lose their stuff. Similar deal with TK, most of the advantages paying gave you were simply being able to do things like built shelters faster or get coins faster or whatever. There were the health potions, but after a while those were fairly well balanced. So don't give me the hole it just screws over people who can't pay argument, because in most cases that is BS.
About benefits, I'm only 16. I get some disability money, but not as much as I could since I go to a blind college, and I still need to spend that money on food and what not. As far as I'm aware, I'm not entitled to anything more than what I already get.
Remember that this was only ever an idea. It hopefully won't have to happen, because I don't want to do that to this game anymore than you guys want to see that happen to this game, but if it's what I have to do to keep the game alive, I will.

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 23:11:36

Actually...DLC's a recentish thing. Circa last 20-25 years. And it used to be full on addon packs, expansion packs, those knockff CDs ith 500 levels. But none of it mattered because it didn't affect the game itself in terms of MP. Paying for items certainly /does/ affect the balance of a game, even in tiny, subtle ways. The biggest is it creates two classes of players. Those who can/have paid, and those who can't/won't pay. I'll leave the ethics of DLC aside (that's a whole other subject)
for now.

Let's say you, in the future release a new map pack, a la COD since you seem to be taking cues from ActiBlizz (which is not a good idea really...). Let's sayy you charge £5 GBP for 5 maps. That's generous. Right?

No. it fragments the community. Even if I buy the map for 10 people. I'm out of pocket £50, for buying DLC for a game. I'd be out of pocket money I could spend on food or bills. Because other people would inevitably ask me to buy it for them so they too have the cool maps or whatever you released.

You want DLC? Stick to cosmetic only things. Make 150% sure your sounds aren't able to be stolen and sell soundpacks. Sell different map ambiances. Do /not/ sell things that screw with the game itself. Stick solely to cosmetic items, soundpacks, different sounds for events, different weapon sounds, death messsage packs, etc.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-01-05 23:14:17

It really comes to that, just let it die. It’s really nothing new or special. Go sit down, could something truly good, come up with some original concept.

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

Thumbs up

2020-01-06 00:24:08 (edited by Dakonna 2020-01-06 00:24:49)

At this point, the game just has one major problem. The release was very poorly done. This means that most players are now gone. Like, now that the issues are sorted out it doesn't matter much since the player base is down to a few diehards. You probably won't see more than 8 players on now, and those players who were originally scared off are very hard to get back, because a first impression means everything.
As regards dlc, you really shouldn't be thinking about stuff like that when the base game isn't anything unique yet. I ask you, right now, why shouldn't I just find the tk source and put up a clone of that to play with my friends, apart from "it's theft"? It has more things going for it than bb does at the stage it is in.

Thumbs up +1

2020-01-06 02:56:40

Like I said, it might not even come to that. Assuming jonny can get his act together we should be back online without any issues. If nothing else I have Ivan's server, which assuming he can continue to pay for it shouldn't have any problems. I was simply saying that could be a possibility.
Also, I do understand what you guys mean by the release being rushed. I'm hoping the playerbase can go up again in time though. Redspot had way more issues than this game did at launch, yet it still thrived for a long time with a fairly consistent playerbase.

Thumbs up

2020-01-06 11:47:02

actually, redspot's launch was fairly smooth. The only major complaint was about how loud the distant fireing noises were and that was quickly fixed. But the server stayed pretty consistent, and it didn't lag nearly as much as games like ff or bb did.

Thumbs up

2020-01-06 11:49:52

The problem is though Connor's right. People who got scared off or got bored of the game won't come back easily, even if everything is fixed though. Mostly since those people have found something else to play really.

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2020-01-06 19:15:18

Ahh, thanks. Now to keep training my weapons. Bow and cat are my goals. So basically. How much stuff do I need to murder to get me a bow?

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up