2020-01-02 10:34:23

Answered my own question. I'm not supposed to push the snowmen, but line up with them on the other side, hit them, then turn, I get it now.

2020-01-02 11:37:24

I am willing to write a guide for this game. I have a lot of free time and I can explore and all that. It will kind of be like the manamon guide except I might not add my own commentary. It would be a really fun project for me

2020-01-02 12:41:13

Slight
Spoiler
Warning

OMG, the edge of the world area is a pain in the butt! The picture puzzle is easy enough, but the area after that, omg. A timed room with cannons, another with moving spikes, lasers, chiroperta, electric, and a no save spot to boot? Just wow, help! lol. I already died there once, but I'm about to start again at the entrance to the no save zone. I wish I had more revives though, in case I make a misstep, because those are lethal here, omg.

It's a cool challenge, but at the same time, what was Aaron thinking? It's madness! lol.

2020-01-02 14:53:14

Please. is there something more to do after defeat the boss at master's height? any really good tips where to get good exp for other manamons? thanks.

2020-01-02 16:05:00

@Tayo

Yes, it gets super spark. Not sure what level though.

2020-01-02 17:59:11

Okay so I finally finished the Requia story and, holy, wow! Man there's a lot of beef to the game before you even get the 5th stadium, lol. Just WOW! haha.

2020-01-02 19:03:51

Hi,
I am in the frozen Hinterland at the Point where you fight that hyper mostodon Thing which decreases your accuracy.
Do you guys have any tips for this fight? Since I have no manamon on my Team that can use Team immunity, the accuracy-decreasing is a bit of a Problem.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2020-01-02 19:39:40

It's possible to just brute force that fight, though it's a bit of a pain to do so. Some mons also have the re-arm ability, where their stats can't be dropped below 2 stages. Some also have an ability where their accuracy can't be reduced at all, I believe a certain holy cow definitely does.
There is also a piece of equipment called the rearmband which might work, but I currently don't remember where to obtain it or if you can even do so just yet.

Your current team might not have any of these perks though, so in that case it's mostly just a matter of doing as much damage as possible before your important mons have their accuracy loewred, and then just hoping you'll hit a few times more.

If I recall correctly, that mon is ridiculously vulnerable to holy damage, I don't think it's one of the ones that just are neutral to everything.

2020-01-02 20:20:38

Correct. Hyper Maustadon actually has its natural resistances and vulnerabilities.
Bullrush it. That's my suggestion. Bring a couple of revives, do as much damage as you can, let manamon die, revive them when you can. Also, I believe Perfect Glasses (there are two sets available by that point in the game I believe) stop you from having your accuracy lowered.

The edge of the world spikes/chiroperta/laser area is like three zigzags too long. I like the concept, I don't like the length. We kind of already know how to get through these areas, so it stops feeling fun and just feels needlessly drawn out to me.

Unfortunately, everything after the Requia storyline felt like a letdown. I think the game kind of ran out of gas after that, which just makes me sad for all the untapped potential.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-01-02 21:41:07

Spoiler
Alert

On Hyper Mostadon, I pretty much just muscled it. Had to revive once or twice, but managed it, but it's annoying how it can even lower the accuracy of a creature that's dove, or I assume one that's tunneled as well.

Speaking of which, I think it's weird you can dive with a water type when there is no water. Dive and tunnel I suppose would be less useful if they had restrictions on environment, but more realistic. I mean you shouldn't be able to tunnel through concrete or metal, but the game doesn't make that distinction. I'm not complaining as diving out of water has helped me, just making an observation.

Also, I completely agree that the edge of the world is too zig-zaggy. I mean why have so much space with spikes, and so many areas with combined spikes and lasers? I think there were two sections with Chiroperta too if I remember correctly, but maybe it was just one. Fortunately the electric was only in that one spot right before the no save area, so no gripes there. I did think the one part with just the two lasers was a bit random after running the gauntlet of like 7 or 8 of them before, though I must admit I was relieved it was only two.

I'll have to see what I think of the rest of the game after Requia, but that would be disappointing if it was pretty dull following that. I mean I get that it was a big storyline, but something of substance afterward would be good. I'll see what I think after I finish the game. I still have a lot to do besides just the 3 remaining stadiums, so it's time for a proper explore.

2020-01-02 22:17:27

There's only one Chiroperta section in that zigzag path, and it's not too difficult.

You can use Fly indoors as well, which is weird. Pokémon, too, has this problem. Dive, Fly and Dig don't have restrictions. In fact, Fly basically substitutes for a pocket copter, Dig lets you get out of dungeons (free Daedalus dust), and Dive gets you to underwater areas. Aaron has some but not all of this functionality.

2020-01-02 23:25:42

Is there a way to train up magic types reliably? They don't seem to hit a lot of things for supereffective damage, and quite a few things can hit them. Also, this is just my opinion, but why not pair magic with something physical, like fighting, for example> Magic and shadow would be nice as well. Magic and sound just doesn't work well, unless Humbabang gets a final evolution and better moves.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-01-02 23:35:43

Holy cow pretty much mows down hyper maustodon all on its own because it hits like a truck and its accuracy can't be lowered. There has to be other things that can do this too but holy cow is the one I go with. The others are just along for the ride. If they hit, great. If they just miss over and over and die, that's fine too.

2020-01-03 00:06:17

To the person who is thinking of writing a guide, I am willing to try to help you if I can. I can give you some info, and you may freely use my videos if you need them. If you need to get in touch with me, my email address is below. I'm assuming it's ok to share, since it's my own info.
[email protected]

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2020-01-03 00:49:46

Yes, Humbabang does transform again. It also gets better moves eventually. I think the main difficulty is that its favorite types are spread a bit diffusely over the game areas. For example, raising a plant type can be easy, because there's lots of oceans where you can destroy things. There's a swamp with a bunch of poison types too, so magic will have a field day there, but that really only works up to a point. After that, you're stuck with areas where feral manamon are as likely to kill you as they are cannon fodder.

2020-01-03 02:05:13

Magic got nerfed a little bit, since now two types wall it completely. It has some better moves, but in general it's not the powerhouse it was in gen 1.

2020-01-03 05:09:20

The only magic type I ever really fooled with was that magic/electric thing.

2020-01-03 05:11:49

and do you guys think that second rhythm game in world 2, the one with the monsters, is even doable without a second control key?

2020-01-04 01:11:39

Hi:
I have a question about levelling, specifically about Ampanda. I searched and found out that you can level Ampanda by giving it a yellow star and then levelling, and that it has to be level 30. Does this mean that you would have to breed one, and then level it? All of the ones I've seen wild are level 33 to 35.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2020-01-04 01:16:02

It has to be a minimum of level 30, not exactly level 30. The same is true for Cloritus with a haunted hat.

2020-01-04 06:00:17

Wich water manamon learn dive?

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2020-01-04 06:16:19

Lussish

2020-01-04 06:18:44

i don't know if this is happening to other people but, my save got corrupted. i had to start all over.

2020-01-04 11:11:34

This has happened to me before. Might want to mail Aaron with your save file. Assuming, of course, you have the latest version.

2020-01-04 12:03:24

How do i access my save file?