2019-12-10 20:18:42

So I'm doing postgame bosses. I've killed the ghost in Shadow Canyon, Hyper tarboo (holy moly that was a slog), Symphonid in the wilderness, and fought Andrometa in the castle. On one of their earlier posts, Jayde listed the bosses but I may be a little dumb. The angel automaton. If I recall, that was in Eternity studio, and it's saying  that the boss is now near the dungeon entrance to the catacombs? Is this the same catacombs that is an incredibly annoying maze?
Do I need to go all the way through there? I haven't explored all its floors yet so I don't have a fly point. Guess I should do that too. Also, three bosses were listed as being in these catacombs too. Any hints on their general locations? As in: F2 to the right, etc.

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2019-12-10 20:28:39

The angel is in the same catacombs you came out of the castle dungeon into. As for Pierre and the paladin bosses, those are all the way through the maze.

2019-12-10 21:05:38

@Jayde:
Murkit, Jiminar, Myaneko, Skelitten, ghost lonar, and Irond.
Cats are awesome, and so are dogs, I guess. Enough said. smile

2019-12-10 21:18:13

Viralite and Myaneko, definitely those two. Those are the ones that were apparently complained about the most in the first installment, and some of the others already were improved a lot (Simulon comes to mind), so not that one. I've seen viralites use some more interesting moves, but they still seem to die to literally everything.

Not sure about the rest, though. Should I throw in the two erratic battler mons just to piss you off?

Sure, why the hell not. Add Slothing and Werewolfsyre. I wanna know if you can beat the bosses with them.

At least you would have a bunch of different types.

The last two... I'm running out of ideas which are, or were, busted.

Ok, here's an idea. Start with a Mutmo, and just play the game with it. We'll see how long it takes to transform if you don't grind it any. And if it does transform, at least you'll have a fairly decent ice type.

Number 6... Should I be truly evil, and tell you to play with a mon that needs an item to transform, but to then not use that item? Embird instead of Vultair, for instance? Excluding Wolfsyre, of course.

That would probably be overkill though. PlusIt'd be kind of an artificial way to have the mons not use their full potential. And, I guess it sort of goes against your I choose what items to use rule.

I'll leave it up to you to decide whether you want to play with Embird, or if that's too evil. The other 5 though, consider this a challenge.

2019-12-10 21:41:17

My vote goes to the kitty team, lol.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-12-10 22:56:20

artisol is the best mon if setup correctly and if survives for 2 turns

2019-12-11 00:54:42

Hello there

For you Jayde, here is my idea for a challenging team.

Sacroloon
Dussoket
Lantlare / Snowmono, up to you but I believe you've already played with lantlare.
Dodderator, the kind of your choice
Maustodon
Chimerus, it would be even more challenging to hear its cry all the game lol.

This is my reasoning behind this team. My rull was only double typing, some from the first game and others from the second.  They had to have at least four weaknesses each.
I don't know if it would be challenging for you, maybe it can be a good team for game purposes but I hope there were some ideas here.

2019-12-11 01:19:57

Honestly, a team with Sacraloon, Dussocket and Chimerus on it would not be challenging at all.

The team with Werewolfsyre would suck. Hard. Oh my god. I'm cringing.

The team of cats is adorable. But Irond? Aww. Is Irond a cat? I thought it was a fox.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-11 01:34:31

It is, yeah. But are there even enough cats to make a full team? I think that was all of them, unless I'm forgetting about one.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-12-11 01:49:25 (edited by Jason SW 2019-12-11 02:10:47)

@Jayde:
Yes, Irond is a fox, but those are all of the cats in Manamon, so I decided to sneak one of mutmo's transformations in there.
In Manamon 1, I did a playthrough with Murkit, Jiminar, Leonra, Myaneko, Blaizond and Duskond.

2019-12-11 02:00:45

omg you could now do a full muttmoforms team.
ice/steel/dark/flame/magic/sound
that's my challenge to you: full muttmo team.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2019-12-11 02:04:20

That would suck too. Oh dear. Mutmo's transformations have ridiculously sparse one-trick-pony movelists, and in the cases of Duskond and Blaizond, at the last (and probably Irond as well) I'd actually have to keep Mutmo in its first form in order to get Daring Comeback/Slash for some secondary coverage options.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-11 02:05:36 (edited by Jason SW 2019-12-11 02:07:11)

Actually, I forgot. I opened that old save file, and it was houndorf as my last team member in that playthrough, not Duskond.

2019-12-11 02:21:56 (edited by Soul Keeper 2019-12-11 02:23:11)

hrm, would a full canine team be doable?
Something like uh
wolfsear,
beyowolf,
rescumo,
muttmoform of your choice,
the last thing of houndorf
uh...
anyone got one more dog/wolf/fox manamon?

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2019-12-11 02:45:10

Banyardan?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-12-11 03:06:54

nice.
Your pick between team canine or team muttmo then.

2019-12-11 03:13:02

How about a my little pony team? Holy Electric unicorn line, steel pony, fire zebra. Oh dear, I don't know if there are any more horses, let's do cows as replacement. Poison ox and holy cow. And then a Dragon of your choice for Spike

2019-12-11 03:17:29

Or if you don't want another holy type, you could use that donkey thing. I guess it's a bit more closer to the theme. Sorry I haven't got my computer with me so I don't know how to spell the names

2019-12-11 04:40:16

I saw that you have to use an element to transform embird. Is that right? And if so, should I wait to do it at a certain level, or right away so as not to miss out on any stat boosts?

The Certified Altruistic Lexicon is nigh!

2019-12-11 04:47:20

hrm can we try for a team of inanimate object manamon?
the hammer thing, dussicot, lantlare, and the magic camera all immediately come to mind.
Oh and panderbet.
hmmmmm.
refloran maybe? but I just don't feel like that one fits as well as the rest.

2019-12-11 06:08:26

What about Chingle?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-12-11 07:16:15

i have few question
first i forgot to capture stupid rubble stone type that block path in valley
where can i capture in anywhere else i remember requia have one but i beat them down because it can't capture
and i don't know how to capture manamon inside requia or maybe it can't capture because it inside computer
next how to capture hyper form manamon when i tried it said not a good idea i think there is the way to capture it but i don't know how

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2019-12-11 08:15:10 (edited by jack 2019-12-11 08:16:26)

@Whitefall:
slight
spoilers
You can't catch hyperforms for obvious reasons, that would severely wreck the game. Plus they have a clearly defined moveset and set of stats, and are thus hardcoded into event-based battles. You're also correct in that you can't catch manamon in Requiem. And you can't use the life crystal outside of Requiem, so use it during either the fight with the Last Resort Protocol if you need to, or during the Chaos Ogma fight (using it during that fight makes it a pushover if your team is leveled enough, especially since you have Andromeda helping you.)
Speaking of, I don't know what it says about the realisticness of the situation or not, but having encounters when you are literally trying to run your way out of self destructing Requia. As if time is going to stop, and the implosion is going to stop self destructing, so that you can have a runin? Lol. Then again given that you cannot save between those two fights, can't even escape to your status menu or anything of the sort, I have never really tried just standing there and seeing what happens to see if you are timed on your exit, though it of course made sense to just run far until I reached that machine.

2019-12-11 08:15:37 (edited by Alduin 2019-12-11 08:17:26)

I'm pretty sure you can't catch those as they wouldn't listen to you or something, realistically though I think it's so you can't have such a powerful team. I wish there was a way to hyper transform your manamon, like a mega evolution. When facing normal opponents, they can send out multiple creatures and then also have a special area for hyper on hyper battles. My dream.
Edit: oops sorry, didn't see that post about the hyper forms that answer the question.

2019-12-11 08:20:14

@Alduin: I don't think that's possible, even though it would be extremely amusing at that. But it wouldn't make sense when compared to the plot line, when considering:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Ogma created hyperforms and they escaped out of the virtual world, so having your own ability to create them wouldn't make sense unless there was a new feature to actually let you browse the contents of the ms drive, lol.