2019-12-07 07:13:30

I'll see if I can grab something off stream and give it an EXP pal or something

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-12-07 07:59:01

speaking of streams, for those of you who watch my streams, should I attempt the catacombs or skip them entirely? I've never really been through there for the most part, so we would all be figuring that one out together.

2019-12-07 08:10:40

so what you are saying is it is closer to floor 2 than floor 4 easier to get it from the front than the back okay thanks appreciate it

audioracer wrote:

OK folks. Spoiler Below.
So I can't exactly and dogmatically where the Blackmatter Husk in the Catacomes is, but I can say it is on the third floor somewhere on the southeast to south central part. Somewhere very south on the map. And no it is not hidden. I hope this helps in some way. You just need to be patient and do some grid searching.

2019-12-07 08:17:29

much like the swamp I loathe the catacombs one of the few maps in this game I almost don't want to do again

2019-12-07 08:51:27 (edited by Loxias 2019-12-07 08:52:22)

Right, I am well and truly stumped. Has anybody ever had a Calculade transform into Blade Dodderator? No matter what I do, all I ever get is Brain.
- I've transformed at least 15 individual Calculades (IE not the same one over and over), so it's not random chance, unless I have the weirdest, most lopsided luck ever heard of.
- I tried equipping any blade, branch, plant themed equipment I could find.
- I tried training the hell out of strength
- I tried transforming in different areas
- Both male and female have transformed into Brain, and I've encountered feral Blade and Brain each of both genders

And yeah I know I can catch a Blade Dodderator feral, but that doesn't lend itself to breeding for stat potential. Plus, now I'm just determinedly curious, dammit.

2019-12-07 11:43:31

I'm sorry. I have absolutely no idea about Calculade's forms. I'm hoping it's not determined when you start the game, or based on your player's gender or some strange thing like that.

Dussocket is also a good electric type, and secondary shadow typing means it's pretty balanced overall. Gets good moves and can run a purely physical attacking set. The main issue with Vipesla's line is that it gets only special electric moves and only physical steel moves, so you're forced to split train points, which is kind of annoying. Also, Pythor is not god-awful anymore if you equip it with its special equipment; it's still slow-ish and still has two really common weaknesses, but it's usable if you keep it away from that.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-07 13:24:50

ok so i'm in the room of the baron underground f2 in the room where the table is and the man telling me i'm not allowed to be in this area. so here's the thing. i've worked out what you need to do i think. there's something you have to move about and i believe there's a switch at the top of the room. i've tried moving the thing to the switch but there doesn't seem to be any noise to suggest that i've moved it onto the switch. is this correct or am i somehow moving the wrong thing and as such it's not triggering the switch?

2019-12-07 13:55:02

ok i got passed it now so don't worry.

2019-12-07 13:56:48

Just beat Hathorilian and Chaos Ogma. Game time is twelve hours and sixteen minutes after the cutscenes and such. Definitely represents a personal best for me. May be able to get a time under fifteen hours if I play my cards right.

Stupid bosses using stupid Holy Smoke to shut down poor Bulderdash.

Fury Power+Vengeance Strike is actually a really neat combo on Ninjarkin. Ninjarkin is still not overwhelming me with joy - it's probably my weakest link - but it's not bad either. Would've liked to see Cloud Surge before level 53 though. Just sayin'.

Sirenea is doing exactly what it says on the tin. Same with Bamboustica.

Colavaird is defensively squishy and its attack could be a little better, but this thing is not bad. And Fury Power is neat on it.

And Sylphantom...this thing may not be a wrecking ball like Snowmonno, but ghost-insect covers a lot of types, and a sneaky Broil actually allows for some nice surprises even though it's not a super accurate move and only works when you're closer to full HP. Good bulk, decent speed, decent special attack. Definitely usable if you can tough out the first thirty levels or so.

2019-12-07 14:02:42

i do like Sirenea i must admit. i love the story line it comes from.

2019-12-07 14:51:16 (edited by Soul Keeper 2019-12-07 14:53:10)

If you're going to stream the catacombs maze, I recommend setting aside a good chunk of your day, especially if you've never been down there before. I can't stress enough how mind numbingly boring it is, though. It's up to you if it's worth the flood of relief you and your watchers will experience once you find the end. tongue

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2019-12-07 15:08:21

One good thing about the catacombs, if you're into this sort of thing, is the clip clop clip clop you hear with each footstep. Clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop clip clop. It's a pretty long, winding path through from the first floor to the last, so there's plenty of opportunity to hear that sound. It reminds me of something most people would do only once. Most will decide to never do this again, while others may decide to never ever do it again. If your viewers love clip clop, this may be the stream that puts your name on the map, if it's not there already. Seriously, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2019-12-07 15:16:23

I am a proud Manamon Master. I just beat the game and now into the post game content.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2019-12-07 15:16:26

Hi.
Whilst searching the forum, I found Jayde asking the same question that I need help on if possible.
I'm stuck locating what I need to open that door in the barren heart.
I've searched the castle, got my ghost Lonar, and more or less got lost searching the greater Catacombs ,for I don't know what exactly.

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-12-07 15:40:56 (edited by Soul Keeper 2019-12-07 15:41:33)

If you're talking about the black doors, you'll need to wander around and complete puzzles in different parts of the area to get three keys.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2019-12-07 16:37:28

Yes, I asked about how to get through that area.
I was, I think, also the very first one to even be there, much less ask. lol But yes. Keys. Start by heading west from the entrance. You'll find some nifty stuff over there, including a switch, a force field, a stairway, a room full of Chiroperta, fireballs and other fun things. The rest is up to you.

Just beat the game. Clock said 14 hours, 41 minutes, 55 seconds, and again, if I was speedrunning I could've done better.

Bulderdash really never got a chance to set up his nifty combo.
Sirenea did exactly as advertised and didn't die too easily.
Sylphantom was actually the star of the show; seriously, Swarm Storm+Broil+Beyond Bolt takes out a lot of stuff, and Sylphantom has the bulk to take hits, even hits it's weak to.
I think I used poor Bamboustica, like, twice, one of which to kill Volanteril on Mursilla's team after deactivating Shields Up.
Colavaird and Ninjarkin were not as good as I was hoping, though Suicide Dive+Chrono Core is fun. Wreck stuff, heal back a bit. I never ended up using the Divebomb thing much because I have no idea which gear simultaneously boosts speed and actually boosts Divebomb; reputedly some stuff doesn't work with it just yet.

So yeah. Speed team wrecks. Could probably further optimize (Araknite over Ninjarkin, maybe? or over Colavaird?). Now I'm done for a bit. lol

2019-12-07 16:40:12

i don't know how to continue the story right now, if someone can help?
i just entered the world of computer,  find the city with e hotel and  finally in the another city i think i was  saw it in  the dream which about princess.
i go to the  area which  was constructing site and, can find many many sinks,  books, and a room  will looks like princess's bedroom, i think?
but i can not find the point to continue the story as i go  upper the cave system,  it says better come with another time.

2019-12-07 17:09:50

If you go to the hill where you can battle ferals, look for a dude on the west edge. He blocked you before. Now he won't.

2019-12-07 17:19:28 (edited by jack 2019-12-07 17:24:11)

Use the search feature and find out what you're missing, but since yo're a bit unclear I'll try and give pointers based on where I think you are at.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
If you're talking about the catacombs, don't go up those until after the Requia plot is over, just go to the hill. Also, I assume you talked to the princess already, you should take care of all the guards in the rooms of the castle. And, if you want an extra 500 gold, save your game and go to the throne room, Albert in the upper right section is goofing off and asking if you'd care for a wager. Hit enter and see what happens. You might win, if you don't just reload, either way the other guards will tell him to stop gambling in the throne room...
After you're all done in there, you need to go back to the hill to activate the princess again who will tell you, through a cutscene, that she is desperate for us to stop Ogma's experiment (she will come into help you with this later, in what will be probably the hardest consecutive boss fights you will fight during the real game.
You then need to go into the Barren Underground and make your way through that area, then the next few areas should be easy for you to folow by now.

2019-12-07 17:31:06

And now for something I'm not really finding much info on with the search feature. I did find there's supposed to now be a portal in the grater catacombs that will take you near the hill, but the only portal I'm seeing is the time machine leading back to Arcadia's office. And yes I'm on version 1.3.2, and I've done the walk throug the catacombs to get to the hill many times after upgrading and we're still not seeing a second portal.

2019-12-07 17:51:03

Try re-beating the master stadium.

2019-12-07 17:59:59

Well, I'm determined to finish up my classwork today, and if I do, there is going to be a huge stream either tonight or Monday. I'm curious to see if the catacombs annoy me nearly as much as the lower chamber in paladin of the sky, which was a similar type of maze. If you guys like to see people insulting computers, that would be the perfect way to see it.

2019-12-07 18:05:39

Please help. I want a yakshine, I got a embr or whatever it is, I whent to solfear cave f2 and i only fownd a chest with that gear that gives one of your manamon tunnel, there’s nothing elce. What to do? Thanks.

2019-12-07 18:16:22

You don't need to go to f2. The person who gives you the Yakshine is not so far from the entrance of the cave.

The manamon you need is a Limewurm, by the way. Not sure if you got that, or an Embird, or something else... But you need a Limewurm. And yes, it's rare. I've found a couple in there, but it can literally take you hours sometimes.

2019-12-07 18:40:13

If you're far enough in the game to be able to get to F2 of that cave, you've been to Mamia. Go to the cave near Mamia if you need a Limewurm, it seems not quite as rare there.