2019-09-08 09:34:44

Hi all, i have been forked a few months a go. i know more or less why, but i tried to delete the groups manualy, but had no luck.
Is there any way i can use to create a new microsoft account to use with skype?
I thaught about creating a new google account, but i am not going to use that account, and i don't want to make a new google account just to have a new email address... since that will be all i need to make a microsoft account. are there any email services that are safe and free to use?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-09-08 10:26:18

Hi all, don't worry, i just made a new outlook account, and i am closing the old account. if any one want's to add me on skype who had me there previously, please send me a PM

best regards

2019-09-08 10:29:56

I'm uncertain about this, but I heard there's some sort of a form you can fill out, and Microsoft will take care of those forks for you.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-09-08 15:06:27

I'd like to know how to find this actually, I have like 11300 forks that don't all go off, but they do lag things.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-09-08 15:38:16

i am closing my account and making a new e mail address with microsoft's outlook, and then i am using that. i had 13000 groups on my skype and it make s things kind of slow if you know what i meen

best regards

2019-09-08 16:25:57

Good grief. Who does that?
I used skype for about eight years, and never got forked. Not once.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-09-08 17:01:10

You don't have to make another account, just use Skype 8. It's not actually as bad as one might think.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-09-08 17:54:08

I do use skype eight. But it still kind of does lag a tiny bit.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-09-08 20:46:50

Yeah. Seriously. I think Skype 8's performance is actually worsening lately. Switching conversations takes forever. Sometimes when trying to read message history it hangs, locking up speech in the process until it decides to behave.

2019-09-08 21:13:56

@6: he was propably a part of the fork where destructatrons account had been hacked and a bot took control of it that then kepd forking all his contacts(including me) for ever. I am just happy i was awake and on my comp at the time, so i could stop it and got only like 60 groups.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-09-08 21:33:17

Yep, sure,  bot took control over it. Wonder how that never happens to me and I'm a regular Skype user. As for Skype 8, indeed, the latest update really broke performance with a screen reader.  Make sure to write feedback everywhere, it really needs fixing.

2019-09-08 21:42:32

Hello,
Using split screen mode mostly fixes the lag issue. I agree, feedback is neded so they know about this problem.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-09-09 00:00:43

Yes, it fixes the issue. Thanks for mentioning the workaround, I forgot about it since split screen is very annoying for me. However, if you like that you are lucky since you wont face the lag.

2019-09-09 00:14:50

Like usual I don't suffer the performane penalty that you guys say is there. Don't know why, I'm on skype 8.51 (I think that's the version...). Was it fixed?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-09-09 00:30:58

I wish, but no it was not. To reproduce, here's a short description: Make sure you are in focus m mode, browse mode probably does the same but just in case since that's how I mainly use the app. Press alt 1 to go to the recent chats list, and press enter on one of them. Normally it should open right away, but now it takes up to 10 seconds to open, during which keyboard navigation is completely unresponsive, and on lower configurations it kills all  speech. As for chat lag, it happens when reading a large group and when the screen needs to scroll. It's essentially the same tipe of lag, just slightly shorter.

2019-09-09 00:31:18

The only issue with split screen, which I'm sure will get fixed eventually, is that when you're in a conversation, if you leave the window open for awhile NVDA tends to lose focus, and no matter what you do you can't read the most recent message that was sent unless you close and reopen the conversation. Since this is much more preferable to dealing with lag, not to mention I always liked split screen view in Skype 7, I don't mind it that much. I also agree with others who are skeptical about this forking crap. I can't believe people are still talking about it, seeing as how I didn't even think Skype 7 was usable anymore. not to mention that I never even heard of forking until a certain subset of this community started talking about it like it was some sort of plague that was going to destroy us all, but whatever.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-09-09 00:34:48

Destructitron's account got hacked, and it kept sending 50 messages per second. I had over 100k messages. The solution? SCREW THAT ACCOUNT! Destructitron also remade his account, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-09 02:13:31

It's cool that they're reintroducing split view. Now it just needs to be made so chat windows pop up when someone starts or updates one while the main window is minimized, since having chat windows open all the time is just meh. Maybe one day.

2019-09-09 03:26:04

@15, I just tried that (OK, the conversation wasn't that large) and it opened instantaneously for me.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-09-09 03:39:44 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2019-09-09 05:50:47)

Draq wrote:

Yeah. Seriously. I think Skype 8's performance is actually worsening lately. Switching conversations takes forever. Sometimes when trying to read message history it hangs, locking up speech in the process until it decides to behave.

Oh God this. Trying to go back through chat history in a large group sucks, and the lag when opening conversations only adds to the annoyance. Plus, I have to press enter on a chat several times before it opens. Skype 7 was amazing compared to this mess.

Edit: Added the enter key not opening chats bug.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-09-09 11:01:57

Nah,, it's not about Skype 7 VS 8 since at launch and up to 8.51, Skype 8 did not have this lag. It was pretty smooth.

2019-09-10 04:09:25

nidza07 wrote:

Nah,, it's not about Skype 7 VS 8 since at launch and up to 8.51, Skype 8 did not have this lag. It was pretty smooth.

Not really. A lot of functionality was lost in the transition over to Skype 8. Reviewing chat history has always been a drag, and now I can't select an entire conversation, copy it into notepad and get an easy-to-read log of the conversation like I could in Skype 7. The notification sounds are really easy to miss sometimes, and you cannot change them without making modifications to program files. In split window view, I can't tell if a message has been sent because NVDA doesn't announce "message sent", which is frustrating because I have a tendency to accidentally hit the enter key sometimes and don't know I sent the message until I look back. Chat commands have been severely limited, and for some asinine reason Skype now automatically sets everyone you add to a chat as admin. There is no global hotkey support unless you use the Windows Store version (no thank you). And those are just off the top of my head.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-09-10 08:12:47

Greetings.
So I have a well working solution for the lag.
Sometime ago that I was complaining about the lag, Braille0109 recommended me to use skype 8.50 and it really worked. The lag is now ocmpletely gone and I can switch chats without any lag and instantly just like before. However the bad thing about using an older version of skype is that everytime you want to launch skype you need to delete the skype - setup.exe file. Gladly, I've got a solution for that, too. Here's a program I wrote that you can put it on your desktop and everytime you launch it, it deletes the skype - setup.exe file and launches skype itself so I named it "SK launcher".
32 bit version:
http://idt-group.ir/programs/sk launcher.exe
64 bit version:
http://idt-group.ir/programs/sk launcher x64.exe

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-09-10 11:41:43

The enter key not opening a chat seems to happen only right after Skype is restarted. To get around that, just tab or shift+tab and back again.

I also notice that Skype doesnt' always read out messages when they're received while Skype is in focus. It's inconsistent and I can't figure out what even causes it in the first place.

There also appears to be something at the very bottom of the window that acts as a sort of history for spoken messages. Not sure what that's about, but sometimes it starts reading when tabbing to the window.

2019-09-10 11:48:29

Oh yes, the enter thing was always a bug for me after a restart, not just after this latest update. On the other hand, messages not reading in a conversation sometimes is what I experienced as well in the latest update. About the history, it's called Recent accessibility announcements  but it's a bit uselesss, but it might not be primarily for screen readers. It's at the bottom and you can always see it if you go to browse mode/virtual cursor and press ctrl end.