2016-09-05 18:27:11

Wow! The original Judgment Day in full splendor! What a trip down memory lane this is. Time to kick me some Supreme Evil Butt!

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2016-09-05 18:29:50

Hello,
We never can get in the top 10 of the scoreboard. The guys, especially in first places, have cheated. Since the game is abandoned, Liam is not going to care about the score boards, and we cannot get into number1. Do you guys have any salutions?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-09-06 05:26:12

Hello.
This is excelent news! I am glad that liam is going to continue working on games. I was sad when he said he might close l works a while ago and just put all his games up for free, but i'm glad he hasn't. I really enjoy his games and his streams and playthroughs he has done, particularly the bk3 ones.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2016-09-06 07:44:38

Hi.
It would be awesome, if Liam would make a script which would reset the scoreboard each week.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-09-06 11:50:04

At least once per month would be enough man.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-09-06 20:28:17

I do wanna point something out, and I'm not saying this to be a jerk in the box or anything. but..

Judgment Day was created 10 years ago using out of date software. It's old. It's clunky. it has issues. Even compiling this thing for you guys was a pain and a half. I had to do the following.
1. Create a virtual xp machine.
2. install vb6.
3. find out that for what ever reason the vm wouldn't let me access libraries.
4. Open up my closet and dig through odds and ends to find an xp machine. amazingly I had one.
5. Plug in and set up xp machine.
6. Find out xp machine was so old the internal battery went dead which gave me all sorts of issues when booting.
7. install Jaws, and vb6 on xp machine.
8. Make code changes to 10-year-old code to remove registration system. This required editting boththe reg application and the actual game.
9. Compile the game and create a setup.
10. Deal with complaints via email and twitter that this copy of Judgment Day wasn't the latest version that was available before.
11. Dig through external hard drives to find what I hoped would be the latest code snapshot.
12. Repeat steps 8 and 9.
13. Even though I claimed I wouldn't support the game I then fixed a broken scoreboard so people could get all 1 trophies that involved a scoreboard.

What I really wanted to do with Judgment Day was to remove it completely from the website. I wanted to disavow any knowledge of it and move on making games in an up to date environment. the main reason I didn't do this is because believe it or not. I really do care about the community. The game got several hundred orders, and it wasn't fair that I was pulling the game out from under people who payed. Even though in a lot of cases orders were upwards of 10 years old.

Making the game abandonware was the easiest though far from the least painless way to try and make everyone happy. this being said. I'm done supporting it. if board break they break. If boards are hacked they're hacked. If Supreme Commander Ather goes on strike, then well... he goes on strike. I have projects I want to work on, along with my own life which gets really busy. Keep in mind I work full time to try to make a living to feed myself and put a roof over my head. I want to bring you guys new and exciting projects, but I can't do this if I'm fixing a game which in all honesty really should have been put out to pasture ages ago.

In summary. Have fun. Enjoy the game, but if it breaks then it breaks.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2016-09-06 21:08:28

This is more than reasonable, given the out-of-date nature of the product. Unfortunately, in this sort of environment, relevancy is an issue. We'll just have to deal with it.
I bought Judgment Day years ago, but I never have installed it on this machine (which I've now been using just over two years). I don't think I will again, but I don't regret buying it back then. No one put a gun to my head, and I do like supporting audiogame development when it makes sense. And Liam tends to make pretty solid material.

I do have one question though. For some random reason I just got an email from L-Works about purchasing Super Egg Hunt Plus. I purchased it once four years ago, and once about two years ago when I couldn't find my registration key. I have a registration key now, thanks to this email I randomly got, but am kinda wondering what prompted the email. I'm pleased, but confused. lol

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-09-06 21:10:43

I'm moving license keys to a new database which requires receipts to be regenerated. So everyone gets emails. smile

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2016-09-06 21:12:23

Hello,
Liam triggered it himself, he said on twitter. I am not sure why he did it.

2016-09-06 21:30:04

Hi liam.
Wow, I perfectly understand exactly why you did that.
Digging round just to get a game  working is a lot of effert.
It reminds me about  some jarte stuff needing old word converters.
Yes I have a system I maintain still on xp.
So I could coppy them and the soundfonts off of them that I wanted.
Now I have the stuff I need in dropbox but I was lucky.
I have gone through many a machine.
I do have a busted cd on a busted xp machine with a busted screen and a busted fan which I won't even try  to restore.
I  do have another running linux but I have not maintained  it for ages.
With the fact I have dosbox and also my sb play with alchemy I alsmost do not need an xp unit and thank god most of the  games I have don't work with xp now.
The next challenge will be for me to say screw you x86  and go x64 because I found a lot of software games, etc only on x64.
However my issue is in my daily life bar a couple bits of software a lot of stuff is still 32 bit.
Oh and I have 4gb ram which means I basically use most of that 3.5 on 32 bit and its the max and I am just not interested.
Ofcause before it was because I had 16 bit dos code but with talkingdosbox and its varients thats not the case.
Even On my dad who is a completely x64 box most of his software is still 32 bit.
The only things 64 bit bar ccleaner and piriform products , itunes, 7zip, audacity and a few other small programs is office.
And the only reason its even 64 bit is not that its needed, it was just that his company licence worked on both so I was like why the fuck not  and that be it.
But I really could have said screw you x64 and not bothered at all.
The only reason for us you would use x64 is if you planned to run over 4gb ram and guess what, blindies like us really don't need more than that, I mean bar our comercial screenreaders and some large games a lot of our stuff is small and portable and made to run on vary slow singlecore units with 2gb or less and has stayed like that for the last 10 years and above.
Right now i don't  do spreadsheets so all my software which is not a game, a screen reader, or comercial installed program goldwave cdburner, dvd audio extracter etc is a small little thing requiring not much to run.
I do think the community appreciates it that you are trying.
For me I am happy that I don't have to at every reformat get another key for jd which is why I in the end stopped playing it.
As for superliam, that was cool to in its day I still have not managed to beat it its still a good game.
Fact is while its 10 years old its still a valid game for today in more ways than one now.
THe game is set in a future where we are at war with a terrorist organisation.
The world is at war with several terrorist organisations, the big war may be just round the corner so while 10 years old I think the game is more relivant than it was before.
With superegghunt I never got another email with keys but then I got it at atguys so maybe that is different.
Ever since the manamon and paladon streams have started I have been following your twitter and catching the odd stream.
One thing though I have not seen on the stream archive page is how to contact you during streaming.

2016-09-07 00:47:15

Thank you so much Liam for doing this for us  I have to say I really enjoy your streams and now recording of said streams as well.
I was actually on the page to repurchase egg hunt last night because my old computer is no more  and I had an email wipe causing the key to get deleted .  So for me at least, it's quite a funny coincidence that I got an email only a few hours later with the key

2016-09-07 02:58:36

Now that I think about it, the scoreboard-related trophy really isn't as big of a deal as I thought. If you get that trophy, then you can at some point get one other trophy you couldn't without it, probably the Extra Credit trophy. If scoreboards became forever broken, that would leave you with a maximum of 38 trophies, and I think that's where the last movie in the LWorks Theater is unlocked so you're not really missing out on anything other than two trophy announcements.

2016-09-07 08:18:55

Thanks so much Liam to point this out in post 31. I just suggested this regarding the scoreboard, not knowing what it would require to make such a script which automatically cleared the scoreboard. I'm so glad that you have taken the time to make the game abandanware.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-09-07 08:44:07

Hi Phoenix,
Thanks for your answer, checkup.exe worked.
greetings

2016-09-07 19:47:34

hi guys
i have a problem while trying to open the game, it give me a progect error or something, i'm running a pc with windows 10

2016-09-07 22:37:19

Look at posts 20, 21 and 22.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.