2016-09-03 15:59:04 (edited by jack 2016-09-03 15:59:27)

I am happy to announce that Liam from L-works has just made Judgement Day freeware!
www.l-works.net/abandonware.php
Looks like the scoreboard functionality has also been left in, which is good. In other news, Liam is gonna be doing some updates. We should expect more content coming from l-works in the near future. We have signs of a future super Liam 2 in the near future yes, I did say super Liam 2! And an update to super egg hunt plus to fix some bugs, and he is taking suggestions of a new game mode which may or may not be implemented,, a trophy or two, you know. In the meantime, download Judgement Day and go blast Atheir's ships and the supreme evil and earn bonus games and trophies and all that!
big_smile

2016-09-03 16:02:44

Wow jack, perfect! Now I see the future of this, althoug the setting of the game never happened in real life, so I will say... I'm saved!

73 Wj3u

2016-09-03 16:26:28

Yyayayaayayayayayaayayayayayayayayyaayayay awesome! This is what I've been waiting for a long... long time... And now... It happened! Now I can blast everything away and get all trophies hahahahaahahaha!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2016-09-03 16:44:32

Hi
this is great.
thanks for the information.
greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-09-03 17:20:35

Great news, particularly that Liam might be back in the development business. I'd love to see a Superliam 2 and finally! find out what that damb crystal was that Liam found after X1 goes boom!, Superliam was one of the first audiogames I played and I've run through it several times since then, indeed jumping those lava pits and dodging those fireballs in crazy party was getting me quite nostalgic big_smile.

Nice that everyone can now smack it to Supreme commander Ather of course. I'll change the status of Jd in the database, and hopefully I'll be adding some more Lworks games soon enough.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-03 18:20:46

As for trophies, it looks like the version the free game is based on is out of date, because you unfortunately can't replay your trophies. Not to complain, after all I'm really glad he made the game free, though it would be nice if he'd let us decrypt the trophy sounds at least for listening purposes. As for Super Liam 2, we don't quite know what the crystal is yet since the engine is in pretty early stages, but we do have some audio of what we can expect! The storyline is textual and delivered in a Japanese-game style way, i e, pressing enter to reveal lines in the story. Knowing Liam and his games I'm pretty sure there's a chance he'll eventually voice the storyline, but most likely when the engine is more complete as right now it's in very early stages. All we know is that Super Liam 2 will be a major! facelift as far as game mechanics and will be a completely new experience.

2016-09-03 19:03:00

Does anyone have the cheats for this game? I've posted a topic in general games discussion...

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-09-03 19:41:37

Hi.
Well I am happy that both superliam 1 and jd are freeware.
Fact is every time I have needed to reinstall, I need a new version of my reg code.
Liam is to busy to send any user a reg code.
He also ignores, is  a total crapper or simply has trouble with his email system.
While this effectively means I have wasted cash buying these it does mean I can legally play games I like should have played or should have been able to play that I brought.
Lets hope he automates the registration process.
I fully understand he has a life, etc.
Included on last night's stream, liam has actually said he will commit a few hours a week on actual work.
I for one really don't want to condem liam as a total loss.
I would have allready flamed him out, but I knew him before he got busy.
That ftp server of music for one thing.
Then there were the random streams, none were archived but every so often if I caught a stream it was well worth it.
Then it was the early days when well liam was king and it rocked.
Now after some time in the can liam is trying to come back.
And to be honest I like hiis voice and humor.
Plus he is probably one of the only origional game developers still plugging away.
The only devs on the cards are gma, pcs, and draconis.
Out of those 3, gma is the only other dev that has released something concrete in the past year or so.
Its good we have a lot of new developers but I'd really like them to come back or at least have some more of the origionals appar again, and its nice to know that some are still active.

2016-09-03 21:38:26

This is awesome! I'd be happy to purchase anything else Liam comes up with. Having purchased Super Liam, JD and Super Egg Hunt, I am very happy to support his work.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2016-09-03 22:41:19

Liam's games are some of the best, full featured, mostly bug free, and feeling more like a AAA mainstream game than most, so I've been on the stream last night and I've downloaded JD.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-09-03 23:28:45

jack wrote:

I am happy to announce that Liam from L-works has just made Judgement Day freeware!
www.l-works.net/abandonware.php
Looks like the scoreboard functionality has also been left in, which is good. In other news, Liam is gonna be doing some updates. We should expect more content coming from l-works in the near future. We have signs of a future super Liam 2 in the near future yes, I did say super Liam 2! And an update to super egg hunt plus to fix some bugs, and he is taking suggestions of a new game mode which may or may not be implemented,, a trophy or two, you know. In the meantime, download Judgement Day and go blast Atheir's ships and the supreme evil and earn bonus games and trophies and all that!
big_smile

Sounds great. One question though, where do I find this configuration set up program in order to run the game itself? Every time I open the game up, it tells me I have to run the configuration program and type in my name before I can play, but before I can try and look for it, the game boots me out.

2016-09-04 00:33:49

It's in the judgement day sub menu

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-09-04 02:17:37

OK, so how do I find that?

2016-09-04 02:19:52

You find that in your start menu, all programs, l-works, judgement day.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2016-09-04 06:30:50

I made the unfortunate mistake of upgrading to Windows 10, so the only thing I can really do when I press enter on that is make the choice to uninstall it or not.

2016-09-04 06:55:50

Actually, all you have to do is install kitchensinc kit

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2016-09-04 15:21:59

And just in case the game still doesn't run, we have this this vb6 extended package right here.

2016-09-04 23:39:56

Good news. 1.2 is now posted. at the same page, just redownload

2016-09-05 08:31:03

Hi.
This is really great news. Damn this brings back some great memories.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-09-05 11:24:46

Hi,
This is great news, but i can't open the game. i'm getting this error:
Run-time error '429':

ActiveX component can't create object
anyone knows how can i fix it?
greetings

2016-09-05 13:34:46 (edited by phoenix1991 2016-09-05 13:35:49)

Hi, Kattle. If you're getting that error, you could either download one of Aprone's games and run the Checkup utility. Or, you could download the Kitchensinc game kit. Hope that helped you. Contact me if you have any more issues.

Phoenix

2016-09-05 15:30:44

And you can also download the visual basic plus extended runtime from post 17 if it still doesn't work.

2016-09-05 16:58:35

Can someone tell me how to get more points in parachute jump? I never miss a bag but the highest I can get is 300...

2016-09-05 18:07:33

Do the bags appear near the beginning, or do you have to deal with a ton of rockets before the bags come? The way I'm seeing it is that the faster you fall the more points you get.

2016-09-05 18:25:38

I do a lot of moving around... I think that helps.