2018-01-30 06:55:41

Major spoilers for the end of the game. Do not! read past this point! You have been warned!

How is this boss battle fair? I'm using the mage, the priest and my necromancer character and no matter what I do, I get killed. I can destroy the city guards, but the necromancer keeps reviving himself at the expense of my party. It also doesn't help that he's so fast that I can't revive anyone who dies. What do I do? How many times does this guy regenerate after being killed? I was really liking this game before, but now I'm not sure if the boss is this insane.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-01-30 08:55:04

Beatz wrote:

Also am I the only one who sort of ships Simeon and Matthias? Just me? Ok. Right. Let’s just...

They'd be a nice couple for sure. Mathias and Jonathan too. At least that was my first thought when I first met Jon.

I'd probably imagine Simeon to be more interested in Alexia though.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-01-30 11:22:43 (edited by Honk 2018-01-30 11:24:12)

Chris wrote:

Major spoilers for the end of the game. Do not! read past this point! You have been warned!

How is this boss battle fair? I'm using the mage, the priest and my necromancer character and no matter what I do, I get killed. I can destroy the city guards, but the necromancer keeps reviving himself at the expense of my party. It also doesn't help that he's so fast that I can't revive anyone who dies. What do I do? How many times does this guy regenerate after being killed? I was really liking this game before, but now I'm not sure if the boss is this insane.

On which difficulty level do you play? And which level does your main have?
I ask because on normal and with level 30 or so that boss fight wasn't hard for me at all. In fact, it lasted only ten rounds or so and none of my party died once... So I think it highly depends on your strategy, your party setup and your gear.

I think you have the best party members with you for that fight. So I can only offer you some ideas to deal with:
1. If you haven't already done, buff up your party with Alexia before the fight. Use ctrl + u and give them favour of the devine, healing rain and stuff. Use arcane aegis and the shield from gwen too and all other stuff you might have in your arsenal.
2. If that is still not enough, find yourself some gear with unholy resistance because what I've read Lord Adrianus does that type of damage with his life drain. That will lessen the damage taken and also the amount he is healing himself.
3. Don't bother on debuffing him. I don't think that is of much use because this life drain seems to be a special move that is not affected by debuffs. Concentrate on dealing damage instead. Does your Gwen have AoE? Which elemental atunement did you choose? If you have heat wave or lightning bolt that should dispatch all the guards with the first shot, after that just gang on Adrianus with all you have.
4. Alexia has a skill that raises a fallen party member if it dies. It's called prophets thingy. Use that on your fellows early in the fight.
5. I don't know your agility stats. That is the most important stat for me. You say that Adrianus is to fast for you. Do you have dagger wasps adrenaline? That potion boosts your speed. I never used it, so I don't know how much it actually does.

Hope that helps. If you still can't beat him with that hints, you probably need to level a bit more or try to build a better equipment concept. I focused on magical crit chance and bonus fire damage with gwen and hell, she didn't need the other party members, she just one-shotted endire enemy parties with the first move...

2018-01-30 14:30:27

I'm playing on normal and my party ranges from level 21--24. You're saying I need to level up to about 30? Okay, time for some major grinding!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-01-30 17:37:11

Well, no, I don't think you need to. The difficulty should scale with level. I strongly believe you should be able to beat the final boss with that given strategy hints even with level 24.

2018-01-30 19:56:27 (edited by Beatz 2018-01-30 20:00:24)

@phoenix1991 Here’s a question for you: what is a gatehouse?

2018-01-30 20:26:55

you could always use the map if your lost. and Marc where you want to go on it.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-01-30 20:34:08

But what exactly is a gatehouse?

2018-01-30 23:23:09

its a place where a guard would pull a lever to raze the gate or lower it.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-01-31 00:16:42

regarding beating the boss how much id you put into con on your necro. health points sort of matters in this regard.

2018-01-31 00:52:05

@Phoenix: Please, please, PLEASE tag your posts with spoiler warnings if they contain major giveaways about the game plot. I've reported your post to moderation—not that I think it's inappropriate, but just because I want to do everything possible to ensure that a new player doesn't stumble upon that bit of data.

@Chris: Regarding beating the final boss at your current level, it's definitely possible, though it will require some strategy and some luck. I think Honk gave you some pretty good pointers, and I do think that Dagger Wasp Adrenaline will be your friend if you're finding that he's too fast. Remember that potions, poisons, and buff skills can all be used out of combat to pump up your party before you go in. Also remember that if you absolutely can't beat him, you can always dial the difficulty down to easy.

@alexn94: Ha yeah Simeon and Alexia makes for some pretty funny head-canon, since they have that mutual antagonism thing going on. I wonder how long it will be before we see AHC fan fiction start springing up?

2018-01-31 01:41:59 (edited by defender 2018-01-31 01:43:48)

Important message for people trying to avoid spoilers while reading this topic! Please read! No spoilers are actually in this post!
Do not look at posts 1433 and 1436, both by Phoenix1991. Seriously, their are major spoilers that will ruin the ending of the game for you if you do, and no spoiler tags at all!

2018-01-31 03:33:11

Hello. Please, one question. Can someone give me little hind how to complete pillgrim's progres in silvershade mine? Where is the shrine in this area? thanks.

2018-01-31 03:43:24

Yes, I bet someone can give you a hint. But before asking around here, maybe ask around Farhaven? I bet there's someone there who might know a thing or two about religious pilgrimages...

2018-01-31 04:37:48

@1442
Possible slight spoiler:
That lady in the north east part of town (can't remember her name), the one with the missing husband, also has a hint about the location.
Lol I actually searched for and found the sites myself the first time, and only later figured out there's a much easier way by following Joseph's advice above.

2018-01-31 04:39:44

MODERATION!
this has come to our attention on a few different occasions, but it is so much so that it does deserve a warning and is thus, getting one!  DO! NOT! Reveal spoilers in the game without prefacing them as such!  Seriously!  A simple spoiler space comment is just a little more effort than writing out your original post and will be appreciated by everyone!  while this topic is a rather big one, I can assure you there are those ready to report you for doing so, and if you cannot abide by this simple rule which the community has, especially on this topic, established rather early on, you will be at the very least, temporarily banned!  I haven't even finished the game and would like to be able to scroll through here on occasion without having to worry that I'm going to hear about whatever I'm going to run into before I run into it!
So lets be clear, once and for all!  If you're referencing a spoiler in the game, please be respectful of everyone else in the community by ensuring people know ahead of time rather than just plunging them into it; there are plenty who don't want to have the game spoiled for them!  Any further disrespect of this caliber will result in a temporary ban for whoever does it, as even the developer would like everyone to enjoy the game as it is meant to be enjoyed, surprises and all!  We will stand by him and not tolerate this behavior, trivial as it may seem to some!  Take heed, or else!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-31 05:09:00 (edited by defender 2018-01-31 05:09:37)

Or else!
Or else!
Or else!

I figured their should be an echo for dramatic effect...

2018-01-31 05:10:56

Thumbs up, defender!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-31 05:12:50

@1446, lol!

2018-01-31 06:38:07 (edited by Beatz 2018-01-31 06:39:14)

***spoiler-ish***

Gatehouse: A house that stands next to a gateway.

Hmm. Now, I wonder where this gatehouse is.
***spoiler-ish thing ends here***

2018-01-31 08:06:52

hi,
Question here:
possible spoiler alert!
What does making alexia into a passifist achieve? What new abilities does she gain? How much bonus does it grant to healing?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-31 08:15:00

You can probably figure that sort of info out about Pacifist by examining it with space bar when you're highlighting it.
Not putting spoiler space here because my answer is fairly nonspecific.

final
boss
pro-tip
and
spoiler

If you stack up unholy-resistance gear so that a given member of your party actually has more than 100% unholy resistance, it will actually heal you, so that drain move, at least, will never kill you. And don't worry, he stops draining eventually. I felt the same way when I fought him the first time. Just tough it out. No, you should not need to be level 30 before you beat the boss. I think I did it at level 23-24 on easy, and I just sorta winged it. With a party like yours, I would expect you could do it around the same level.

spoilers
end

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-31 09:49:46

Making her a pacifist is in my opinion not worth it. I managed just fine with her level of healing without it, and I got her to do enough damage to be useful; a friend took the pacifist route and regretted it as she was doing too little damage to be of much use in a fight.

2018-01-31 15:43:05

hi,
I did read the description of the skill, however was wundering about the skills that  being a pacifist allows alexia to learn.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-31 18:03:48 (edited by phoenix1991 2018-01-31 18:52:42)

I have a couple of quick questions. Is it possible to cut down brambles and thicket in the forest? It would make traveling a hell of a lot easier. Is it also possible to cross deep water and pits? Thank you!

Phoenix