2018-01-31 19:18:07

Hi phoenix1991,

small
spoilers:

In a way the answer could be yes, but that wouldn't mean what you are thinking about wink
So you can't cut down the normal thickets and brambles and you can't cross deep water bodies or pits. Think of them as walls, there will be no way whatsoever to cross them other than walking around them.

2018-01-31 21:56:20

Hello everyone,
I have a question. Has anyone found a quest involving the advertised dragon? Thanks!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-01-31 23:03:14

hi,
What dragon?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-31 23:06:09

Phoenix, bud, you really gotta chill with the spoilers my dude. If you can beacon the ambush locations, then you can beacon the spoilers LMAO
No but seriously I don’t want you to be burnt to ashes; you’ve been roasted enough.

2018-01-31 23:16:28

I thought that the description said you fight a dragon at some point.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-01-31 23:24:58

I am having trouble purchasing the game through PayPal.  Is there any other way to buy the game?

2018-01-31 23:42:02 (edited by Ghost 2018-01-31 23:42:41)

hi,
Ok guys, here I present three recordings. Two of them demonstrate bugs, and were done with version 1.2. One of them is a fight with random enemies,  and I encounter a bug with alexia. I don't remember what the version I played on was, or how to reproduce it. This recording should give tips on defeating enemies, mostly dragon on higher levels.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpmfk060hqs61 … s.mp3?dl=0
the next recording, is a fight with alcano. This demonstrates the drain life bug, which allowed him to drain himself for infinite health. I just quit at the end.  Also feel free to fast forward through the non-active part, as I had something to attend to when the fight started for a few minutes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyldfj8w1fd96tz/ahc.mp3?dl=0
The final recording I present here, is how I owned the final boss.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgp4oyoqq3gnx … e.mp3?dl=0
Disclaimer: all these recordings contain potentially massive spoilers. If you do not want these, do not under any circumstances, listen to these.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-02-01 01:48:53 (edited by Joseph Westhouse 2018-02-01 02:05:32)

Just throwing it out there, for what it's worth. Personally, I'm not too worried about data like what I'm revealing below being counted as "spoilers." Out of deference to players, it's definitely good to tag anything that people might want to discover on their own, but there's a lot of grey area. But plot points from the actual main story—those should definitely be labeled as spoilers.

***Very minor quest-related spoilers***

@Phoneix: Just so you know, the Laying Down the Law quest won't automatically advance when you get all the sites. You'll need to check with Captain Lucian whenever you visit town to see if you've got them all. At least I think that's the case.

2018-02-01 03:15:57

I've cleared the first stage for the laying down the law quest and now the captin wants me to mark the windy bluffs and the high ridges as well as the overlooks of the road but I don't know where to start When I go to the north gate.

2018-02-01 03:32:37

Yeah, PayPal is giving me drama.  I would really like to buy the game, but unless there's a way to do it other than PayPal, I can't.

2018-02-01 13:14:22

lol

you dont can make it

2018-02-01 17:08:22

@joseph i was already thinkingof AHC fan fiction. lol. funny you mension that

2018-02-01 19:04:40

You know I'm sitting here listening to simion and i'm wondering aout the people behind the characters as i don't remember seeing anything by them on the forum. How did they feel doing  this project how close to their characters personality are there's I think an interview would be neat just for shits and giggles.

2018-02-01 21:10:01

the guy who did simeon also did one of the goblin chiefs, I recognized a common element in their two voices.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-01 23:55:37 (edited by phoenix1991 2018-02-02 00:06:39)

Major Spoilers for Laying Down the Law Quest
The first thing you need to do is take out any bandits you encounter in the forest. After that return to the captain to find out that you need to mark all the bandit ambush sights. I do not exactly know where they all are, but if you stumble across them while exploring, I recommend creating custom beacons so you can find them later. After marking all the bandit ambush sights, you need to return to the captain for more instructions. Now you need to take out all the bandits in all the bandit campsights scattered throughout the forest. I recommend creating custom beacons for these as well so you can easily find them later. When you have cleared all the bandit campsights, return to the captain one last time to complete the quest. You cannot do this quest until you have completed the guards' quest dealing with the goblins down in the mines. Hope that helps!
End of Spoilers
I have completed AHC for the first time! I am actually surprised as to who attacked Farhaven. I will not tell you who. My personal favorite class is the necromancer. I have a quick question. Is it possible to delete any custom beacons you made?

Phoenix

2018-02-02 03:21:04

Hi there,

My name is Nate, or Nathan Wales. I'm a non-unionized VO talent. Mine was the voice behind Simeon, and Rogarr Rabgurg. I also provided a smattering of vicious goblin cries, several character related combat sounds, and a line or two for the Chieftain mentioned a few posts back.

My coming on board "A Hero's Call" was an unconventional process complete with a strange and off topic audition at Casting Call Club.

(which you can hear here: https://www.castingcall.club/auditions/308740) < - - - Volume Warning

As you might imagine I was very surprised to hear back from the support team at all, and was thrilled that they wanted to hear more of what I had to offer. I was happier still when I landed the part of not only Simeon, but everybody's favorite (and might I add "wrongly accused") goblin, Rogarr Rabgurg.

Joseph and the team created incredibly compelling characters, and from the first moment I recieved the script I was loving every bit of wit, sarcasm, and vunerability displayed therein.

My normal speaking voice is pretty close to what you hear in Simeon, though depending on how early it is in the morning, I may sound a bit closer to Rogarr.

Like the former I enjoy a good laugh, a bit of mischief, and tend to drive my wife crazy with muh good natured (read: charming) sense of cynicism. As for the latter, well, I suppose without coffee I AM liable to start calling folks maggots and the like.

I won't bother you with the technical details of recording, but a good bit of work, and a fair bit of spit went into bringing these guys to life. I'm humbled by the positive response I've received thus far, and am eagerly awaiting the  continuation of my Voice Over journey.

There you go, a sort of smallish mini-interview.

- Nate

2018-02-02 03:52:55

whiteknave2 wrote:

Hi there,

My name is Nate, or Nathan Wales. I'm a non-unionized VO talent. Mine was the voice behind Simeon, and Rogarr Rabgurg. I also provided a smattering of vicious goblin cries, several character related combat sounds, and a line or two for the Chieftain mentioned a few posts back.

My coming on board "A Hero's Call" was an unconventional process complete with a strange and off topic audition at Casting Call Club.

(which you can hear here: https://www.castingcall.club/auditions/308740) < - - - Volume Warning

As you might imagine I was very surprised to hear back from the support team at all, and was thrilled that they wanted to hear more of what I had to offer. I was happier still when I landed the part of not only Simeon, but everybody's favorite (and might I add "wrongly accused") goblin, Rogarr Rabgurg.

Joseph and the team created incredibly compelling characters, and from the first moment I recieved the script I was loving every bit of wit, sarcasm, and vunerability displayed therein.

My normal speaking voice is pretty close to what you hear in Simeon, though depending on how early it is in the morning, I may sound a bit closer to Rogarr.

Like the former I enjoy a good laugh, a bit of mischief, and tend to drive my wife crazy with muh good natured (read: charming) sense of cynicism. As for the latter, well, I suppose without coffee I AM liable to start calling folks maggots and the like.

I won't bother you with the technical details of recording, but a good bit of work, and a fair bit of spit went into bringing these guys to life. I'm humbled by the positive response I've received thus far, and am eagerly awaiting the  continuation of my Voice Over journey.

There you go, a sort of smallish mini-interview.

- Nate

Congrats for the acting. I love both characters you are in. btw, I do not know how to listen to that audition link you provide.

2018-02-02 03:55:26

I would like to ask, why is the tree puzzle not following the order found in the mystory of deepwood? I am trying hard to unlock the puzzle despite knowing 100% the answer, but it still didn't unlock. Below is the combination I get from that text.

If I am gone, you'll never see; but look too close and blind you'll be.
Tiny worker though I be, the mighty woods depend on me.
Though small in size, respect my role; within me dwells a giant soul.
As I reach to touch the sky, deepwood, never let me die.
To all that's living, life I give; but deep within me, you can't live.

I have no problem unlocking the tree during my first playthrough though.

2018-02-02 04:10:19

@whiteknave2 lol, that shit was hilarious, if I ever make a game - which will never happen because I suck at coding - I want you in it. Even if I have to start slinging crack tongue. Dunno know how much it takes to hire VO artists, never looked into it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-02 05:07:27

I triggered the quest a house devided but I don't know how to complete it.
the quest says I've found a letter containing plans to commit treason against the Goblin King. If this plan came to light, it could start a civil war among the goblins. But this letter alone won't be enough. I should look for other evidence of a conspiracy.

2018-02-02 05:09:49

@Nick you might want to put a spoiler tag in that post.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-02-02 06:06:37

oh sorry flame_elchemist forgot to put a spoiler tag but the only thing I've done to trigger the quest was I went into the dungeon and into the torture chamber and I found the letter but it was only one letter but I don't know where to find the rest of the letters for the house devided quest.

2018-02-02 09:02:08

tree
lever
spoilers
I have never seen this particular puzzle glitch, but that doesn't mean it can't or won't, quite obviously. If you are absolutely sure you're using the right order, then what is it? From the clues you gave, what are the answers you gave? Because looking at your clues I know what the answer is, but I'm not going to say anything without you making a guess. Because if you're guessing the right answer and it's not triggering, then something is wrong there.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-02-02 09:19:25

Hi.
The tree puzzle does not change as far as I know.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-02-02 09:30:36 (edited by JLove 2018-02-02 09:38:46)

Weird.  I bought the game, and I just saw in the options that we should be able to use jaws.  However, in order to do so, I have to use insert F3 to pass key through every time I want to press a key.  This should not be the case if we can use screen readers.  Why is it doing this?