2017-10-14 15:12:05

Forgive me for saying so, Lirin, because obviously it's hard not to take that sort of criticism a little personally—but you have no basis to say there's something wrong with the mastering. You can say that the mastering is different than how you would do it personally, or different than you would expect, but saying that there is something wrong with it suggests that there is an objective "right" way to master a soundtrack—which there is not.

If I understand what you're commenting on, though, it's interesting that you use the phrase "not natural"—since I think what you're picking up on is the fact that this album has more of a concert hall feel, whereas most movie scores remove any sense that the music is being played in any sort of real space, and simply put it right up in front of your face. Of the two, I'd actually say that the latter is less realistic.

Just my thoughts—but again, I'm pretty biased. Also, we didn't quite have a big enough budget to hire Hans Zimmer, so comparing our soundtrack to a Hollywood score might be a bit unfair in the first place...

2017-10-14 15:23:32

Also, the soundtrack is now available on Amazon mp3, if any of you prefer to purchase that way: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076DWB2 … ref=plSrch

2017-10-14 16:04:02

totaly agree joseph

2017-10-14 16:09:36

o
and I can buy amazon.com for pay pal?
thanks

2017-10-14 21:01:27

I can't even log into my bandcamp account with the iOS app. I have one from before I got my iPhone, but now whenever I hit the login button, it gives me purchase details for some other album. The tabs on the bottom aren't labelled either.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-14 21:34:15

I have to agree with Joseph. This is an unfair criticism given the circumstances.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-14 21:57:00

for a game that will be fully accessible to all, and fore all that had been put in to it. i think its epic! keep up the good work. cant wait to hear the sounds with the music.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-10-14 23:43:50

Hi Lirin.
I suggest you get over it, or just redeem the album if you have such a problem with it. Speaking as a musician myself, it is very challenging to play and compose music unless you constantly practice.

I can't wait for this to become available on iTunes I can't wait to hear the all the music!

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-10-15 01:04:52

Agree with Joseph and others. Can't wait to hear all of those soundtracks in game. May I ask: Beset by Foes and Against the Tide are both battle music, but what is the difference between them? I think that Against the Tide is for boss battles, correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-10-15 02:17:19

Oh Joseph, I am sorry if it sounded bad or something like that. I just shared my thoughts and that's it. I love the music and I am listening to it so often.
I just commented how it sounds for me and if there was something wrong I am sorry about that. All the time I am trying to give a positive critisism and sometimes my english isn't that influent to express my words as I want maybe.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-15 04:44:34

Mastering is great imo, and I'm not a newbie when it comes to sound design and especially music mastering and mixing. Too much bass isn't good, either, and this has a good amount of it to satisfy. I don't think they're aiming for a hollywood feel, necessarily. The only thing I would do would be to bring the percussion a bit more forward in the mix, but other than that, I don't think there's anything wrong with it... and aside from that, wrong or bad mixing is very subjective most of the time. I've listened to these both through high quality studio headphones and a 5.1 surround system set to give me stereo through all four speakers and it sounds fantastic.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-10-15 07:24:17

Hi Lirin.
It's no problem, no hard feelings from any of us I hope. It's perfectly fine to have your own opinion and post it here. So no problems or flame wars, this was just a small misunderstanding. I don't want you thinking that your not allowed to post opinions on here because you are allowed.
Hth.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2017-10-15 13:20:29

Assault, you're right, I know it's very subjective but besides that the music is just amazing!
The character themes, damn, great work!
No idea why but when listening to the Mathias theme I feel like it fits the atmosphere and no idea why, but Robin Hood appears in my mind. lol

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-15 14:50:39

And about the too much reverb statement
The witcher 3 is doing the same, look at this track, for example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU
And no, this is not a boss battle, this track is played if you encounter a bandit camp in one of the game's areas.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-10-15 15:59:16

As for me, I’m waiting for next month. Then I’ll actually be able to afford to buy myself a copy.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-15 16:54:44

Hi Joseph,

The soundtrack is awesome! I'm glad I backed this project. I'm eagerly waiting for the release. Keep up the great work.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-10-15 21:48:47

Hi Joseph,
Loving the soundtrack, you guys really did a great job, and that's me speaking as a composer and musician myself. Can't wait for the game!
Cheers,

Daniel

2017-10-15 22:03:10

Me neither. I can’t wait to get my hands on the manual, LOL.

2017-10-15 22:49:11

sow
I did not add anything
I Can't wait for the game

2017-10-16 03:22:49

Hey all, thanks for the positive feedback. Lirin, definitely no hard feelings—I think you probably worded things a little more strongly than you meant, and I in turn probably took it a little more personally than I should've.

Just so you guys know, it doesn't seem that CDBaby gives me any info on when the soundtrack has been ingested into any of the digital distributors. So, they tell me when it's been delivered—but they don't indicate once a given distributor has actually made the CD available for purchase or streaming. So I'm doing the best I can to keep an eye on the major platforms, searching the album title and hoping it'll show up—but if anyone becomes aware of the album being available somewhere before I do, please let me know.

2017-10-16 06:28:33

I’m waiting for it to be available on iTunes.

2017-10-16 13:59:27

hi all
i dont stand
i m go to cdbaby.com
then find A hero's call original game score album
then press download9.99$
then press continue shopping
then I m login and press pay pal button then
I m use country and post code and press submit
and press place order
and wait wait wait but nothing happens
sow maybe anybody can help?
thanks

2017-10-16 18:10:50

Well, I was going to try and purchase the soundtrack from Amazon MP3, because I remembered that I might have enough balance from my gift card my sister gave me for my birthday, but unfortunately, the only way I can purchase it is via my iPhone. But when I go there, it says digital music is not available for purchase from this device. So I’m not sure what if anything I can do.

2017-10-16 18:15:01

I have that same issue with Kindle books—it will only let me purchase them through the desktop web client. Not sure why they would do that, but it's definitely annoying.

2017-10-16 18:20:13

Yeah, and right now I don’t have a working computer. That’s why was hoping it would become available on iTunes at some point.