2017-10-17 17:29:29

Regarding the class question: Way back when, we had mages and battlemages as separate classes. Then we completely restructured the way that skills are learned and upgraded and combined the two into one class, with options within the class of how you focus your character.

As for releasing the old music, that's a conversation that's already come up with some of our beta testers; unfortunately, it's not going to happen, for some boring and technical reasons I'm not going to go into.

2017-10-17 18:12:55

The more I hear The more excited I get, LOL.  In fact, I just went and had a listen to the talisman quest on YouTube, and I was imagining completing it myself.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-17 20:03:28

Same here, pretty excited and can't wait for the game to be released.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-10-17 20:10:05

Yeah I'm ready, I was ready 4 months ago too tongue, still ready... still... ready XDXDXD Lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-17 21:24:22

I know that this game will be good, for the simple fact that the development process is taking time, and you're getting feedback during the process itself.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-17 21:39:36

We appreciate that, Dragomier. The process is definitely taking longer than we'd expected, but part of that is because of the level of quality we're committed to. But we don't like keeping you all waiting, so it's nice to know that people understand that the length of the process does mean a better product in the long run.

2017-10-17 21:45:27 (edited by CritterPup 2017-10-17 21:47:37)

As a writer, I understand that any encouragement is good encouragement, so when I can give it, I will.
Also, Gwen's theme is now my favorite song on the soundtrack. I get an image of a mighty warrior woman riding into battle in shining plate mail, sword in hand. Or, a great mage woman standing atop the great library in which she studied, backlit by the sun as she casts a great ball of fire at an approaching army. It really gets my creative juices flowing.
It's also worth noting that the titular track on the soundtrack is labeled popular on Apple Music. Congrats, you've truly done something great, and are making something great as well!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-17 22:08:17

I also noted during a demo, actually the talisman quest demo, that she actually seems to have a last name. I definitely love her theme, but my favorite so far, at least as far as the clips I’ve listen to, is still the Farrhaven theme.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-17 22:33:54

That's incredibly cool that the music is getting enough attention to be labeled as "popular." It would definitely be awesome if people start noticing the soundtrack, and that in turn gets them interested in the game—we'd love to shed as much light on the need for accessible games as possible.

As for Gwen's theme, I have a really hard time picking favorites, but it's one of my top tracks as well. And yes she does indeed have a last name. It's actually a pretty important last name in the world of Farhaven—but you'll have to find out why for yourselves...

2017-10-17 22:42:38

Hey not sure if this has been asked before, but how big is the world? Is it like alter aeon where its a very large world with many different areas aside from the main town?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-10-17 22:43:13

Gwen must be a noble or a princess.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-10-17 23:08:35 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2017-10-18 12:04:39)

Rory, yes it's a world with different places and adventures, you can read more about that from their site. Well I think mentioning and specifying how big the world is, or how does it look like will be a spoiler for us, so I'd prefer exploring and finding out all of that ourselves.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2017-10-17 23:17:31

Agreed with Muhammad—you don't want us to spoil too much info on the game world...but, moreover, I don't know how we could give a satisfactory description of how "big" the game world is anyway. It's not like a real place, which can be described in square feet or miles or anything like that.

2017-10-17 23:30:33

I would like to report that I've shared your album on Facebook in hopes it will reach more people.

2017-10-18 01:15:49

I’ve also shared one or two of the videos.

2017-10-18 05:17:18

So, I just got off a Skype call with the team, and I've got to tell you, there is something electric in the air. I think it's a combination of the renewed excitement generated by the soundtrack, and the fact that the end is in sight and we're getting really close to nailing down a release date...it's a great feeling. And the team is doing such awesome work. It's really a privilege to be a part of a project like this—and you all, with your enthusiasm and excitement and encouragement, are a big part of giving us this boost of energy. Just wanted to share that. Unfortunately I have no specific exciting details to share from tonight's meeting—just wait a little longer.

2017-10-18 05:29:58

There is a feeling that, above all else, I love. And that is waking up at 5-30 A.M. on a game's release date, half asleep and filled with excitement... I know that is what will come with this game. I'll rush to buy the game before school and rush off to it, do my work half-mindedly, then rush home and get absolutely nothing done as I binge play the game... Ahh, the good times.

2017-10-18 09:35:25

Same with me there dragomere. Although, instead of waiting til after school to play, i'll probably be up at like 4AM having bought it and be playing it, cuz well, sleeping problems...

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-10-18 09:51:33

Sometimes when a new game comes out I'll play it for like 14 hours straight and not realize it. One time I did this, didn't realize it, I bought the game at 8 in the morning, felt hungry, went to get lunch and it was dark out, I thought I was playing for maybe 4 hours, it was like 14 until I was done and all that time went by and I didn't even notice. I do hope the game world is pretty large in that it gives a sense of being in a world, and not cordoned off always hitting walls and stuff. But yeah I am on the edge of my seat with this one, I still do need to listen to the soundtrack all the way through as I've purchased it but then got distracted with other stuff. As I've said before, if I like this game, I'll definitely be kicking in more money on the site, because I feel like $15 or even $20 is a disservice to all the work you guys have put into pioneering the first audiogame of its type, that being open world, AAA title. I'll throw down at least $100 plus the purchase price.

One question I do have is, do you guys intend on providing DLC, stuff with further quests, different adventures to go on, or is everything that is going to be in the game, in it. Also, looking down the road a ways, what will you guys do next?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-10-18 12:21:35

Same, I feel that if I woke up early in the morning, discovered that the game was released I think sleep will flew away big_smile. Iron cross, I'm curious, what's that game you've spent subconsciously 14 hours playing it? I remember when I first got my ps2 in 2003 or 2004 and that was in the morning, I suddenly found myself at knight when I realized that I was spending the whole day playing the different games with my brother big_smile tongue.

Kind regards!

2017-10-18 14:27:02

I did not even know what else I could say about the game
I just thank you for being here joseph and your team
thanks again

2017-10-18 14:44:55

I had a question I was going to ask, but of course it has slipped my mind.
  Also, the first four tracks are now labeled as popular.

2017-10-18 15:02:11

Ironcross: That's a good question, and really we're going to have to wait and see how release goes, as some of our decisions may be informed by how much the game brings in, and what kind of a budget we have to work with for whatever we do next. The first order of business is going to be getting the graphics in place and working on the final release—the plan is for the audio-only release to be part one of a two-phase release. Once we have the game finalized with full graphics we'll release it to the indie gaming world at large, hopefully including releasing on other marketplaces like Steam. That's the plan, anyway. Oh, and don't worry—even though I call it a second release, it's really just an update. You won't have to purchase the game again if you want the final, full-graphics version.

But apart from that, we don't know for sure what the future holds. We've definitely talked about DLC and it would be a lot of fun to expand the world of AHC, whether with new characters, areas, classes, etc. But on the flip side, for a small team with as little dev time as we have, we're not sure if we can justify spending the time on making DLC when we could instead be spending it working on a second full title. So a lot of those decisions will come as we see what sort of income the game generates, and gauge what sort of dev time we have.

2017-10-18 15:27:42

I think, Joseph, what I like best about you and your team is the fact that you've followed through. So many, myself included, have discussed concepts like this and never actually went through with it. I admire your perseverance, and your pushing through of complications.

2017-10-18 15:57:59

Well, we appreciate your patience. I know the AG community has gotten burned plenty of times in the past, and we didn't want to start talking about the game too early for fear of people thinking the same thing was happening again. The last leg of development has definitely taken us longer than we expected, and I'm sure some people have thought, "Oh no, not this again." But I just can't say enough about the commitment of this team...there really have been so many times that we could've just said it's not worth the effort, and having been through the process myself, I can definitely understand why so many devs make big promises and then fall through. But we promised ourselves we wouldn't go public until we were 100% committed to releasing the game, and that commitment still stands.