2017-10-12 05:44:38

Would you be able to tell me what i'd need in terms of ram graphics card and what not? I still use windows 7 and wanna make sure this will run on my machine. although I'm thinking about running a bootcamp partition on my mac so I could possibly get it on there if my pc wouldn't run it.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-10-12 05:44:44

I redeemed my code and damn, this soundtrack is fantastic.

2017-10-12 06:03:03

Hello there,
josif and company, its good to here that you guys are finally close to announcing a release date, Looking forward to the game finally on its way.

And Dam, no killing shopkeepers? thats rather disappointing, why cant I kill that armorer if I cant aford the plate armor he is selling. this is the only way to deal with them greedy merchents,I tell you!
wink
lol
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-10-12 09:37:01

Exciting times are ahead! Forgive me if this has been asked before, but will there be side quests in addition to the main story? If so that's a very welcome addition because to my knowledge we really don't have games with a lot of side/post game content

2017-10-12 11:57:29 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2017-10-12 12:02:44)

Hi
Another question: how the exclusive in-game items pack mechanisms will be?
Edit: another question: is it possible for me to know how many tracks in the album?
Thanks

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-10-12 13:11:51

I've purposely only listened to one track so far, and I already love it.  wonderfully multilayered.  smile

2017-10-12 14:51:52

Rory: We can't tell you system requirements yet for the simple reason that we aren't at a final beta stage yet. We're still working on things that have a direct impact on CPU use and memory management. Once we are done with all that and can be sure that we're giving accurate information, we'll share system requirements, and will be sure to publicize that along with the release itself.

CJ: Yep, plenty of side quests—well over two dozen, and I'm probably not done writing new ones... We want to encourage players to explore as much as possible, and we've done that in a few ways—one of which is ensuring that you never know when you'll find a curious item or location that triggers a side quest, or follow a conversation with someone that unlocks a new quest. Some of these quests are dynamic as well—meaning certain quests are only available once other quests have been finished, or based on decisions you make in other quests, or affect the game world in some way once you finish them.

Muhammad: Are you asking about how the inclusion of bonus items will be implemented? If so, you'll have to wait until you get the game to find out (which is my way of saying I haven't quite decided yet, haha...) We're probably going to implement some sort of fetch quest or other requirements to unlock them though, just because many of the items in the bonus pack would be ridiculously overpowered if you have them in your inventory right from the beginning. Or we may just put some stat/level requirements on some of the more beefy items. Haven't decided yet.

As for tracks on the soundtrack, there are 14. Had some ideas for several others but we simply ran out of money. Maybe the soundtrack will sell well enough that someday we can do a "Volume 2"—who knows?

2017-10-12 15:37:17

Joseph, does that mean the soundtracks which are available for sale aren't the whole game soundtracks? For the items pack, that would be great if so.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2017-10-12 15:40:39

No—the soundtrack that will be available for purchase starting tomorrow is the full game score. What I meant was that we had several other ideas for music—other locations or events we would've liked to give unique tracks, etc.—but we didn't have enough money to contract the composer for the additional tracks.

2017-10-12 16:10:44

About how much is the soundtrack going to cost?

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-12 16:35:03

The cost on Bandcamp will be $9.99 for the full score, or $1 per track if you want to buy them individually. We don't have direct control over prices on other marketplaces—essentially we set the price through our aggregator and then the aggregator hands it of to the marketplaces, who may or may not change the price. If they don't, it'll be the same price on iTunes, Google, Amazon, etc. If it does change, I can't imagine it would change much.

2017-10-12 16:59:24

how many tracks does the game itself have?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-10-12 17:08:12

That’s not too bad.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-10-12 17:45:00

14, as said before.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-10-12 18:27:53

Lirin, I think he meant the game's soundtracks in general. I don't think such an rpg contains only 14 tracks, they might have used other music tracks along with the custom made ones. Probably.

Kind regards!

2017-10-12 18:41:32

No, Lirin is right—all the music in the game is original, and is therefore included on the soundtrack, fourteen tracks in total.

2017-10-12 19:21:17

yikes. Sorry for going into deep details, but only 14 tracks for a game that has been made to be an rpg that contains a lot of expleration, story and events? Won't there be ambience music for each place, music for each boss fight, event etc? Sorry if I misunderstood something. Either way, it'll be an awesome game, thanks for the great work guys.

Kind regards!

2017-10-12 19:45:31

That's alright; like I said, there were a number of tracks that we would have loved to add, but simply didn't have the funds. The soundtrack as it stands is the best compromise we could strike. With the budget we had, doing unique music for every boss battle, let alone each distinct event, would have been impossible. You're talking tens of thousands of dollars for that much original music, probably. We have, however, done some things in the game to get the most out of these tracks and, hopefully give the impression that there are more tracks than we actually have...you'll have to wait and see if that worked out or not.

As with everything in this project, remember that this is a stepping stone. We're doing a lot of "firsts" for an accessible game, and that means some of what we're doing will have to be limited in scope.

2017-10-12 20:17:24 (edited by the player 2017-10-12 20:19:08)

I just listened a bit to the soundtrack. I like it so far. It sounds really good. Music is probably one of the most expensive part for such a game, so I am sure, you did the best that you could.
I have a quick question, that popped into my mind recently. Just out of curiosity. Will the sound of the game be in 5.1?

2017-10-12 20:26:31

Yep. I don't know for sure about 7.1, but I just had a conversation the other day with the sound designer about how I want to get my machine hooked up to my home theater so I can hear it on 5.1 (I do all my playing/testing on headphones or just in stereo) and he said it sounds pretty sweet.

Sadly, a good number of the more cinematic sound assets were designed before we were able to play in 5.1, and we didn't have the forethought to design them for 5.1 should the opportunity present itself. So all that is to say that while 3D audio will be accurately represented on 5.1 systems, we may not take as much advantage of the opportunities 5.1 presents as we could have. That's a lesson learned for next time...

2017-10-12 21:34:23

Wow that's really awesome about the side quests, haha now I'm even more excited

2017-10-12 23:26:08

All i gotta say is, awesome soundtrack. Just downloaded my digital copy, and it's bad ass.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2017-10-13 00:18:14

I agree, it's Awsome!
I take it, their are more than 14 songs in the game?
I'm asking because Joseph said something about a possible bolume 2 if the soundtrack makes enough money?
Later!

2017-10-13 01:07:48

Is the soundtrack available yet for non-backers to buy?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-10-13 01:09:18

when I buy the soundtrack on band camp do I have to make an account or can I skip that process?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.