2017-07-16 20:18:13

I have started playing again for the third time lol. and man I so wish I had known of the online backups feature the last 2 times.

Dark, focus mostly on defense and attack,maybe staggering one of them more depending on whether you are doing less damage or taking more damage.
Honestly,I don't think I have used the plate launcher as much as you seem to be doing,guess the fact that I suck at using it may have been a factor. wink

Those walking desks, give them a few waks with your long sword staying out of their range of course. leveling there maybe more faster than doing it at 2.3
I remember the rope being good to kill those lamps,and maybe a place where you could jump to to have a eazier time of killing those flying lamps.
I just raised my defense high enough that those lamps hitting me did only 1 damage me thinks,and broot forced my way through.

How do I check again what tech skill is required to equip a weapon?
Currently on 1.2,level 5.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-07-16 21:02:49

Lol, I don't know what you mean Grryf about me using the plate launcher a lot, I can't use it at all because it has no ammo and there doesn't seem to be a way to get more ammo for it at the moment.

I suspect that it is my stats which aren't high enough which is why I am having the problem with those desks and other enemies on stage 2, since I've been trying to be even handed with the points, however it's clear that attack of 24 and defense of 23 isn't doing it, so next level I'm banging everything into just attack and defense and we'll see how it goes, though I will say I'm glad I put points into stamina given that I've been occasionally running out when using the longsword.
It would be nice to know how much tech is needed for weapons. As I said in most rpgs I always try to be even with stat points on principle but that doesn't seem to have been as advisable here. On the plus side, I am getting lots of cash big_smile.

One thing which I do find a bit odd is that the game reduces xp from monsters as you level.  the costs of levelling this seems a bit strange, since I would've assumed that the relative cost of levels would mean that fighting lower level monsters is no longer worth it, one reason why it's been rather more long winded getting from level 12 to 13 than getting from 10 to 12 was.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-16 21:27:08

I think the idea from that design decision is that the higher level you get, the harder it should be to advance to the next one. It's a bit of a quirk, but every game has those... if every enemy yielded the same experience at every level, it would be way too easy to level up. This way, you're able to kill enemies more easily, but the tradeoff is that you need to kill more of them to level up. And that plate launcher at the beginning is limitted purely because it's so easy to use and so destructive where other weapons require some more work and strategic use. Those iron balls can be used freely if you think they might be useful, you can always go back to 1-1 and get more since those always respawn. I tended to put more stat points into attack first, because raw damage in this game will get you a long way. Remember that although this is an rpg, the main attraction is being able to kill things... and lots of things. Remember also that you can jump to avoid attacks, and you do have armour as well.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-07-16 23:21:55

Most rpgs  larger amounts of xp per level. It's not a mechanic I particularly like but it is standard. However it seems the xp reduction here combined with the increased xp costs for levels seems rather high, especially given that this  not a game with big numbers for xp. Still it is what it is and I'll grind away big_smile.

With the plate launcher it just seems odd there is absolutely no way to get more amo for it, though your right on the iron balls and as I'm running through stage one grinding anyway I might as well pick up more of them.

For a general thing the reason I don't like increasing xp costs in rpg games is that it makes tougher monsters practically worth less than eaiser ones even though they are theoretically harder to kill.

So, say you have to get 100 xp to get to level one and a rat gives  five xp. That is 20 rats to level up. However, when you get to level 20 and are  fighting red dragons, the dragons might give 1000 xp each, however if you have   to get four hundred thousand xp to level to 21, that is four hundred dragons.
this makes rats practically speaking worth more than levels at the stage of the game when your fighting them, which seems absolutely insane to me from both a progression perspective and an in universe power perspective since there are presumably lots of people killing rats and not many who can kill red dragons, furthermore as red dragons are tougher you should learn more by fighting them, not less.

That is why I tend to like a fixed xp amount per level with monsters at the player's level awarding the same xp, so it would take the same 20 red dragons at level 20 to get to 21 as it took 20 rats at level 1 to get to level 2, though of course in action games that formula gets  a little muddy since manifestly a more skillful player can get by with less high stats and can fight beyond their level and visa versa, indeed arguably in action games having increasing xp costs per  is a bit more justified as  said, though if your going to increase amounts of xp needed for each level reducing costs from monsters as well still feels a bit superfluous.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-16 23:28:14

Hi there, finally I beat the game in normal difficulty. I changed the difficulty without reading so I lost access to the new shops and stuff lol. Fortunately I got the spirit sword before doing that.
One thing I noticed is that stage 24 shop crashes the game, I'm using v1.89. After getting the shop introduction the game crashes before the buying stuff screen.

I think the game is great and of course I will pay for it as I did with the dictionary. Btw Yukio, did you compose all the game music? It's awesome.

Sorry for my english :D

2017-07-17 00:08:17

Dark your problem is really weird. What're your current stats? ATK, Defence and HP?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-07-17 03:13:57

I talked to Yukio about this over Twitter,but I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem. In 1-2, after getting the rope  in the warehouse, getting out of the room, I'm getting an error sound, and Japanese text after trying to open the door.do all lamps in that room need to be cleared before that door can be opened, and that's what the text is saying? If so, that text needs to be translated. If not, could someone tell me what it's saying?

2017-07-17 05:21:28

hi.
help me from staje 6 3

2017-07-17 06:35:05

Try flying more slowly, and if you run out of room, remember you can turn around to regain some space.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-17 07:02:08

@Dark:
As Nuno mentioned, the situation sounds a bit odd for me. Usually I reach stage 2 with LV7 or around and I can kill the desks with 7 to 9 hits..
It may be helpful for everyone who will answer your questions that you past your stats here.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-07-17 08:37:54

I don't remember what levels I was at, but I remember getting there and it taking about 12 hits (I don't even remember which weapon sad ),  and then another time it was 6.,  I'd generally have the sword on slot 1, and the rope on slot 2.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-17 13:16:36

I believe it's attack 24 defense 23 and 270 hp.
with the longsword  the desks are taking lots of hits, I'm doing 27 damage per hit to them, which is okay when there's one of them, but not when there are more, and they're doing about 50 damage a whack which can kill me in seconds when there at elots of desks and slimes together.

Still I'm about to level up to 13 and will bang everything into attack and defense this time around to give me a bit more edge.

2017-07-17 13:30:07

Just remember that most enemies, especially if you are up close, have attacks which give pretty audible cues. Once you past 2-2, you will be able to use armour which will help you out quite a bit. Even the desks have attacks that you can hear coming, at least when they fire projectiles at you. Jump often. That's the best advice I can give... but jump when you know you won't be attacked as soon as you land.

2017-07-17 14:02:31

Generally with the desks it seems fine when  there is one or two and I have enough space to move out of the way,  three or four together, especially with slimes to back them up can do for me in seconds one reason I need more  defense and attack I think.

2017-07-17 14:19:43

I'm curious though, as if you make consistent use of jumping, they shouldn't give you that much trouble. Don't just run away or move out of attack range. Remember they can also hit each other, and you can use that to your advantage.

2017-07-17 16:06:17

I'd also add on the subject of prioritizing points, having a powerful attack is a form of defence. I myself put almost everything into attack early on with a little in defence. I only started to build up tech and stamina as those things became necessary. But it's tricky. After getting the spirit sword, I started prioritizing HP and stamina, but my neglect of attack and defence caught up with me in the end.

2017-07-17 18:56:25

Hi all. I purchased the translation. But I have a problem, after I imported the game, it gave me a message saying that the translation was successfully imported.  When I started the game, I got an error in number 12 and then a whole bunch of symbols. What should I do?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-07-17 19:02:09

Hi. Please, what is new on this game? there is another post with translation project, and bk 3 secondary topic. what is this? I have purchased this game like english dictionary.

2017-07-17 20:11:23

@RTT... I thought that error had been dealt with in an update, but I believe the quickfix is to go into the game folder, and in the folder named dict, you'll find a couple of .txt files called strategy items description and strategy items names. You need to change the word strategy to tactical.

2017-07-17 20:42:11

hi all.
I checked the filenames and they are right.
They are both tactical.
What should I do? I didn't put them in the data folder and I reinstalled the game.

2017-07-17 21:23:21

Hi All. I'm new in that Game. I'M now at stage 2.2 But now i had a big Problem. The last switch was to high for me. An easily jump brings me not high enough. Maybe i'm stupid, but i try the stage 3 times and i don't fount any special item thats will helping me. Please, can you help me?

2017-07-17 22:08:18

@blind-gamer, haven't got time to look at it now, but I think there'll be a platform not far from the door, round about 10, 0. You need to face the door and jump up there then walk back towards the door and jump up to another platform. It's just a matter of finding how to get up there via platforms that are reachable. Use the camera by holding down G and arrowing around to listen for platforms.

2017-07-17 22:50:44

Hi all.
I'm sorry to say this, but I really don't know what to do.
Please help? I think it might be cyber link power DVD

2017-07-18 00:30:42

@RTT, I wish I could help you more. All I can say is for starters check which version you have installed by opening the readme and arrowing down to the second or third line. I think the most recent full installer is 1.88. Is that the version you have installed?

2017-07-18 03:21:20 (edited by nyanchan 2017-07-18 04:12:04)

You will get 1.89 if you download the full installer now. I think I've fixed the error 12 bug for the translation though, something else might be causing the same number of error.
I gathered music mostly from Japanese sites. The main theme, final boss theme, ending theme and several other tracks have been composed by a friend of mine.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.