2021-09-16 14:09:06

I feel like it was explained well. They said they couldn't receive the signals because of the roof blocking them. The roof disappears in the next level, so the signal comes back.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2021-09-16 18:08:57

Hi. Just wanted to ask, have you fix translations?

2021-09-16 18:16:28

I fixed some of them, but not all. I'm not sure if Nyanchan wants to go ahead and push the changes or wait until I finish adding everything, so stay tuned for updates.

TWITCH

2021-09-17 09:46:07

I think that "no longer" means something like "not any more" and certainly it hasn't been directly said that the signal is blocked due to the roof.
It has only been said that the roof is there and that Siegward is probably beont the road.
This is how I see this.
Thus, this is why I thought it shouldn't be possible to call Electron at the next level.
Hope I explained this better now.

2021-09-17 23:02:38

I’m pretty sure it is specifically stated the roof is the cause of the signal blockage, or if not, it’s very, very heavily implied. It’s simple logic, really. Small, enclosed space, equals nowhere for the signal to penetrate. I don’t think it’s ever explained how this technology is supposed to work, but we can probably assume it uses radio frequencies of one kind or another, and you can see the same thing happening if, for example, you drive a car into a particularly long tunnel in a motorway or something.

2021-09-17 23:07:08 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-09-17 23:11:08)

Plus, one can easily tell the roof is gone in the next level by jumping and noticing that you don’t smack your head against the roof. I think roof blocking signals is one of those logical things that doesn’t really need to be pointed out. Besides, even if it did, it’s not in the Japanese version so why put text in the English version that we all know isn’t there? It’s one thing to rephrase things, but it’s completely different to put things into a translation that aren’t there in the original.

TWITCH

2021-09-18 11:12:57

I see now.
That means I actually didn't know that a roof was capable of blocking radio waves.
Then, the bug at 16-4 should still be fixed somehow, because it's almost impossible to pass that stage without electron's help, especially when you start a new save and play the normal mode.
As you probably already know, when you make even a single command, after completing the level, the translated text doesn't show up.
This is a bit annoying in my opinion.
Also, even opening the command menu and choosing back in order not to make any command may also trigger this bug. I didn't test this yet but hope this helps Nyanchan track down the cause and fix it.

2021-09-18 14:52:21

I'm...not sure that's a bug.
In 16-4, you've got a pretty tough fight on your hands. You're able to call Electron, and that can help since you can drop rockets on the extinguisher rather than trying to tangle with it up close. This is, I think, part of the intended strategy, and not a bug. Now, if for whatever reason the game was stopping you from calling Electron in that level when you were told you could? That would indeed be a bug. But as it stands, this is just a design choice.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2021-09-19 10:17:27

Yeah, I now see that's not a bug, however, when you call them atleast once, you'll be punished for that, because after the battle ends, you won't get the translated scene saying that the city was saved, that the war between the Peace Society and the hero began etc.
That's definitely a bug which needs to be fixed.
The only thing we can do is hope that Nyanchan tracks down the cause and fixes this issue.
Hope everything is clear now.

2021-09-19 16:16:40

I've just failed to run the game from source using the computer I'm currently using. The source code is too old, and it's getting hard to set up the development environment. Unfortunately I do not have enough time to dig and debug the cause of failure this time. Probably I will need to wait until I go back to Tokyo in Octover.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2021-09-19 16:30:44

Yeah, I almost forgot this game is almost 10-years-old. Wow, that's really incredible if you think about it.

TWITCH

2021-09-19 20:53:43

A little OT, but what's even more incredible to me is the fact that... when did Bokubou 1 come out again? That still holds up relatively well, and for what it is it's pretty damn advanced. There aren't too many audiogames I can think of off the top of my head that actually did the whole mainstream RPG approach of having random interactables around, or even just cities to explore with people you could talk to just for some background or random atmosphere. Only other ones I can think of that do that are the VGStorm games.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2021-09-19 21:00:05

I think the original BK game came out in 2007. That would mean that it’s possibly the first audio RPG for the blind. If that’s the case, that’s an amazing achievement and definitely worth being proud of.

TWITCH

2021-09-19 22:59:35

Yup, and I’d argue it’s still leagues ahead of any of the competition, in that it’s well thought out, balanced, and doesn’t really have any of the teething problems that have Bissette more modern RPGs.

2021-09-20 02:48:33

bk1: Jun 2010
bk2: Nov 2011
bk3: Oct 2013

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2021-09-20 03:25:47

Ah. Still though, for a game released in 2010, it was ahead of it's time. Entombed was released a year before I think, but that game was a turnbased game, (not a bad thing by the way because I like Entombed quite a lot). BK 1 is an RPG, but the combat system was a side scroller which I never heard of until then, even by mainstream standards.
by the way Nyanchan, it absolutely boggles my mind how you came up with 3 complex games to form an entire series back-to-back in just 3-4 years, each game getting more complex than the last. I've got to say, that's the mark of a great coder right there. I don't know how you managed that, and in fact I myself have never heard of any person on this earth who has done anything like that in such a short timeframe. It was those 3 games that defined a lot of my childhood that I can remember.
I think we should all take a moment to thank and congratulate this guy for giving us epic games like this to enjoy and translate. Seriously man, I hope I speak for everyone when I say that you're an inspiration for anyone who wants to develop games, or projects for the blind, or probably anything else for that matter. Plus, you've been super helpful this last week in regards with setting up a time next week to practice my language skills. Not to mention, it was your games that introduced the Japanese language to 12-year-old me and initially set me on the path to not only learning Japanese, but getting into translating things. I don't think any number of thanks in the world could express how grateful I am for that, and the influence you and your games had on my career choices. Thanks again, and here's to a good workweek.

TWITCH

2021-09-20 05:58:28

completely agree, the BK games are incredible. I never did beet any of them but I really should.
also, BK3 was the first really complex side scroller I played, platforming wise, it also introduced me to Japanese games, also one of the reasons I want to learn Japanese, but that's off topic.

2021-09-20 08:48:17

I'm so unbelievably proud as well.
If that was possible, I certainly would award the range "Avesome You" immediately, but rangs here are unfortunately given for making a specific number of posts.

2021-11-27 01:52:28

Oh good, I wasn't the only one having issues with the translations. There are many places where things just aren't translating any more but I don't know which ones have been pointed out already.