2015-04-20 07:36:03

Yes, there are many mistakes here, for example not flair, but flare.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-04-20 08:12:58

Waaaaah this event is draining me.

2015-04-20 11:54:53 (edited by omer 2015-04-20 11:57:03)

hi all,
server is down
help me
thanks

2015-04-20 14:25:40 (edited by revan 2015-04-20 14:33:46)

hi guys,     yes,    we hope so sam gonna fix this bad typos,     example,      butiful  starts the night sky,  beautiful,   or inventory,   oh,    i just wanted let know.

2015-04-20 15:17:43

Hi,
Where is the bathroom?
Someone told me that the event is gone, and that wouldn't be very fair..... Some people aren't really in the same timezones

2015-04-20 18:29:26

ahahahaha, all have spelling errors. Do not believe?
Sam, you should implement channel chat or something as well.
Half of people who play this wonderful game are Latin-American (i include); and many of those who speak English don't understand us... and many times they resent that speak another language, you've seen it, I think.

Cristian.

2015-04-20 19:11:20

so, guys, i needa say. i hate this new pk thing. look at this: you set pk on, and! you cann't kill, but you can take damage and of course be killed by players with pk off. and, i'm sure, you cann't hurt a player when he has pk off. and another thing: after we belt a boat, crafted a bow, we had the ability to kill someone or to help killing yeah, player killers. but now we have to do nothing. nothing at all! so, i spawned, created a few pots, a bow, a boat which i don't realy need, cause i don't realy need glass, and what next? of course i wanna have some fun and begin shooting, but i cann't because of this pk. so, as you probably understand, i don't like this idea. if you don't wanna be killed, just fight, defend yourself, or run, hide, use trees for your protection. i did it, trees work great for me. umm... worked, when someone could try to kill me. yeah, may be this post seems too offensive, but i don't want to hurt someone or start a great ingame war or war in the topic, i just have many negative feelings and thoughts about players who cry like oh man i cann't play this anymore, i'm getting killed, all the time! and i want to discuss that feecher a little. so, what do you think, guys?

we are the strongest! we are the weapon of the force! we are one!
my name is darth scorp!

2015-04-20 19:51:20

I wasn't initially going to say something, but I have to agree with darth scorp here. I just find it funny that people want to play a game that clearly revolves around survival, yet complain about getting killed. Now, of course, there are various aspects here to.
Even if you're unarmed and a killer chases you, you can get away. Believe me, this has happened to me also. Later on you learn to defend yourself and normally I've noticed people would run away once I shoot back. And getting killed really isn't all that bad. But perhaps I'm just saying that because I'm used to swamp where dying was a lot more costly.
Either way, I don't get the idea of the disabling PK system, but I understand that this is Sam's game and he should move it in the direction he sees fit; there are always other things to do/games to play if we don't like it.
Lastly, remember that the game is still in early beta. So now building a bow and boat might be all we can do, but soon we can build these promised tree houses, as well as hunting animals. Perhaps that in itself would deter players who are bored with the game to simply kill others.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2015-04-20 20:35:48

brendan i understand what you are saying on the most part but here is the  thing that i have a problem with i don't mind getting killed but i know i have gotten killed when i didn't have anything to protect myself with except my fist and i know sometimes when i got killed i didn't have much energy to run away from the person trying  to kill me. so i think if there was away to get more energy without getting killed that  might help for example if there was a way to get more energy like you could  when you get more water for your thurst then people might have a better chance to fight back when some tries to kill them hope that makes since just saying

2015-04-20 20:48:31 (edited by bcs993 2015-04-20 20:51:42)

Thing is, at this stage we can't gain energy; that hasn't yet been implemented. When you start, you start with a random amount of energy. I've noticed many people go on suicide missions in that case, hoping to re-spawn with higher energy. What you say makes sense though, and for that I suggest that there should be some kind of small town where it would be safe to get supplies etc, a safezone-like environment where you cannot be killed.
This will allow you to build up and get yourself armed before going out into the wild, where anything can happen to you.
Alternatively, we could have something like beginner's protection. During this, you cannot be attacked for a period of 15 minutes after re-spawning. That should be more than enough time to get water and a bow. This is simply a suggestion and I have no clue how hard/easy it'll be to code.
I believe Sam mentioned Bares at one stage, and from what I understand they will be fierce adversaries, who will do anything to get you killed. LOL I have a feeling people would wish regular PK back once those come after you.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2015-04-20 22:39:12

Hi all, so as for the event, I have to talk to ns about why the server keeps randomly restarting. I'mthinking it's runtime errors, but ever sence we've switched machines I havn't been being notified. I can reload the event for y'all. As for pk, I did it because dozens of people kept wanting me to do it. I wasn't even going to but people kept asking how to defend them selves, and something I say, use logic. They can't easily knife you in a tree whare there would be a million branches in the way. And when you run, they do to. But what you need to do in this case is if your being hit, just type /pk, and then they can't hit you. Ask someone if they want to have a pk baddle with you. Then, make sure the player that responds has pk enabled. I added this command for these reasons to. Type /pk playername to see it. If it's enabled fight and fight. I'm trying to make you as happy as I can with this game but sometimes that involves me trying something then going back and deleting 6 hours worth of code. Sometimes I do it because I understand, other times because most people don't like the feature. Then, sure I tried but it kinda turns into a waste of time deleting code. I might remove the pk, maybe i'll add a /pkdefault command so you can set your pk to always be on or always be off when you spawn. Think that might help at all?

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-04-20 23:08:46

Samn, you're in a very tough spot here, trying to make everyone happy. And that, sadly, is impossible. I will tell you though, with PK being the way it is right now, it's not working. All these lovely long-distance weapons people have are effectively useless, and there are so many cheap ways around it it's ridiculous. So many people are resorting to cheap pokety poke punching matches, it's truly irritating. No real survival skills are encouraged. My suggestion is that perhaps PK is off for someone until they have met certain requirements in the game, I.E. gotten a bow and a certain amount of arrows. Other than that, pk should remain on. The game is called Survive the Wild, after all. Not Peaceful Tour Through the Woods.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2015-04-20 23:12:48

Also, would it be possible for you to add some kind of thirst warning system? Like a cough or gulp or vocal prompt of some kind? There have been a number of times when I've caught myself at the brink of death after checking the forum or something, then coming back to find my thirst in the eight hundreds...

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2015-04-20 23:14:10

Hi sam, while I understand that you are trying to make people happy, we  need to remember the theme of the game and that's  survival.
Meaning you have to try and survive.
I've  killed and have been killed more than a few times and that's part of the game.
Now that pk is optional, there is nothing to do on the game at all now I can do everything there is to do in less than 20 minutes.
You've even stated yourself that you will be putting in animals and so people will have to try and stay alive and won't really be able to pk nearly as much because they will be busy protecting themselves.
So there really is not a point to have optional pk.
you do have the option to stay in a tree or lear nto fight and in a survival situwation you can't just tell other people to leave you alone.
If you start by trying to please everyone from the start, that later on when you put in other things that can kill you ,  people are then going to  complain that it's to hard or that you lsoe your stuff.
I really feel that the way it was was just fine.

2015-04-21 00:13:11

Sam, the problem with the current pk, is that People with PK on off, can attack to people with pk in on.

For example, with some friends, we talk to have a friendly battle. But, when we are battling, some stupid with PK in off, attack the last of us when the battle finished. of course  my friend can't defend himself because he was with low health, and the enemy is with PK on off.

Because this, I think the best solution, is have a PKZones and safe zones. For the people that want battle, just go to the wild zone and battle against other that are in this zone.
In the current map, the desert is a perfect location for this xD.

A, of course the people that are in the border of the safe zone, can't attack with a long range weapon to the people in the wild zone. Same for the other situation. ¿What do you think of this?

Bye.

2015-04-21 00:33:11

Safe Zone in the wild?
crazy. Very crazy. And it is also illogical.

Cristian.

2015-04-21 01:23:36

Sorry @chris17 but a safe zone, is more realistic that a magic force field that protects the players against any kind of damage. (AKA a simply flag)
The most realistic, is that you can fire any weapon against any person, but the people are crying about that.

2015-04-21 01:46:49

well first of all, by wednsday there will be sleep, yay for that. Just one big improvment. And the watch alarm then, will be come very handy. Because in realisticness you can't fall asleep and wake your slf up all the time. You have to hear a loud noise, etc. Such as a watch alarm in 5 squares of you would wake you up. So when you sleep, you have to have wood for the fire that will last all night. Or else you could frees to death. Etc. So just sleeping will provide many tasks in it's self. And keep in mind, this will mean you will have to go threw the day, sleep, and get up to an alarm or the sun or something, etc. I know theres not much now but there will be very very soon. And I already thought about thirst warnings, yes they will be added. The thing here is I have a lot of things going for me, and this game, right now. So the pk system will temperarily stey, until I get more into the game. Then, I may either remove it, or set it to default. But I will fix the bug ware players with no PK can't attack. Should be fixxed by tonight.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-04-21 02:20:20

Thanks sam. Sorry for stay annoying  you. I'm a programer, and I know the problems of coding and decoding new features and how one feature, depends of two three or ten other features to work properly.
Thanks for do this game :3

2015-04-21 03:53:39

Hey ya all, I reloaded the bathroom event, it going offline was not our faults, it went booooom. But it's back now.

2015-04-21 04:17:04

Very interesting new feature, Sam.
I say the same as @sanslash332, thanks for do this game.
By the way, of course that it is more realistic that the people you can shoot... and you can also do it. but that neither the magic force field and the Safe zone will prevent it you. That shouldn't happen. When you die, you recover your items fast. that is not a problem.

Cristian.

2015-04-21 10:19:29

Hi Sam, I have a bug relating to translations:
Phrases like zones will be spoken, zones will not be spoken, tree, you don't see much around you, there are no trees around you etc. don't translate no matter what I do.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-21 11:41:07

Hi,
What I have to do to join an event?
I type /event or /join event in the console, but nothing happens.

2015-04-21 11:59:37

Hi Sam, you should set up a translation group so we all can discuss those issues in private.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-21 12:15:53

Hi.
Regarding the PK thing:
my issue is not by getting killed in a realistic way, but my issue is that you can't do anything to avoid getting killed.
If you are low on energy or  very thursty and you are on your way to get some Water, you can't just run if someone is drawing the bow. People can Draw their bow before they reach you, so you don't hear it. You of course know that people are nearby, but you don't know what they have in mind. This is just one shot, and you are dead, meaning you can't do anything to defend yourself.
When this keeps happening Again and Again like 20 times because people don't have anything else to do, it gets really annoying.
If Things should be realistic, I have the following suggestion:
Players WHO kills other players should get a kind of punnishment for doing so. That happens in the real life. It should be more difficult to kill people, and people should be able to defend themselves from boes. People WHO only wanna kill other players and are going crazy on doing so, should kind of lose something from doing so. Think about it. what would happen if you did that on the street outside your own house?
People want the game to be realistic, but this is the people WHO plays the game in an non-realistic way, like keep killing others.
I'm not sure on what to do about this, because we want the game to be realistic.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen