2015-04-18 16:18:53

Hey there Sam. Fantastic job on this game so far. Very much looking forward to where it'll go next. Noticed a rather interesting thing while in the game last night though. Although pk is disabled for me, for the time being that is, I still lose health if I'm directly punched. Is that supposed to happen?

By the way, I'm vastator in game, so if anyone wants to say hello, feel free.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2015-04-18 16:24:57

ooop
k is come
very good job Sam
but
please add the animals, tasks, and add the item making page the your site
thanksand what is tree house, and how can build

2015-04-18 17:24:09

Hi all, to respond to some of these posts. You know me, I can't relly just remember names. rofl. anyway someone asked if you could do tasks, one hunts, one get's water, you can already do that. See, I don't like limiting what the players can do. If you wanna orginize a group of friends, goahead. No, you can not build a treehouse yet. You will beable to though soon, but it's gonna be no easy task. You have to gather wood, carve it into planks and add it to the tree just the right way. You can't just type /build item=treehouse coords=32 55 10. Lol. Nope, ya gotta litterily craft it. Which, means you will beable to have your own custom design and everything. You could even have a spot with a hole in it for emergency escape if someone cut down the tree below you. That'll of course be the problem, if someone cuts the tree down, then all your handywork will be destroied. And just wait till I add tornadoes, forestfires, fludds, etc.  I got a lot planned for this game but like someone said please add this this this, things i've already suggested, guys, what I have already already took me months and months. I can't just add it in 5 lines of code. Anyway, those are some things to look forward to.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-04-18 20:07:00

Hi, if we have pk disabled, players can still punch us. Please fix it.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-18 20:22:43

Hi Sam. Sean here. I love your future ideas for this game. It sounds nothing like we've ever had before. I may have already said this, but, This is truly a master work of art sir. I love how you actually have to quite literally craft your tree house. and the weather conditions? Wow, just wow!!! Love it man. Keep rocking bud. I will stay on this project. If you need any voice work for anything, please let me know. I love sound production and voice work. Again, thanks for such an awesome workmenship!!!

2015-04-18 21:09:17

Hi, punching, sorry I forgot to mention in my last post, that's ment to do that. See, in real life, grabbing a knife and stabbing, or getting a bow and shooting, etc would be over the top, but in real life you could easily punch someone. Punching can take a max of I believe 50 health, a max, so i'm gonna keep it out of the pk conditions for reality reasons. Theres no reason you can't escape if your being punched.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-04-18 22:51:24

hello for some reason i can not turn the music up or down with my end key or my home key and while in the game i can not climb a tree with my page up or page down keys how do i correct that please thanks

2015-04-19 00:44:41

oh i fixed my problem with the music and the climbing the trees this game rocks and i am glad you fixed the pk optcion that was cool

2015-04-19 07:55:30

The thing is is that this keyboard stuff isn't really my fault. It's more bgt because I litterily just used if(key_pressed(KEY_BACKSLASH)) or if(key_pressed(KEY_NEXT)), etc. So it's not anything on my part really unless someone has other bgt key constants to recommend. lol. But anyway, I wish I could help, i'm thinking of making a keyconfig file. But that would be very hard and generally not be fun implementing

2015-04-19 09:26:46

hei sam I think that the problem is that some players use the numpad keys for page down, page up and so on... I suggest you add those to the game as well.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2015-04-19 10:15:47

hey all
some players using the punching, my pk is off, I'm die, why, punching, please help me
haa, please add the rules, thanks

2015-04-19 13:50:47

hi,
If there are plants, there should be animals to kill as well.

2015-04-19 14:08:45

Hi,
Why some people on here really like to tell do it, and do that? Do you think that programming is like magic? Just say a word, and boom! The game is done?
No, no. I'm sorry to disapoint you, but you have to write hundrents of lines of code, make sure that everything is written correct in order to avoid some nasty errors, and don't forget that sam is human like all of us, so he has a social life as well.
I also requested some things, had some sugestions, but some people on here are keeping to do that a tousand times.
If you think that making a game is that easy, make one by yourself. And I'm sure that you really won't like if someone will tell you add X, Y and Z things, while you're working hard on your game.
Hace a nice day, guys. smile

2015-04-19 14:42:05

Hi, Please, I'll just say it again. Please prepare the default.lang file so we can translate the game. Thanks.

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2015-04-19 15:09:54

Hi.
Wow, Sam. So awesome plans dude. There is so much to look forward to. I would also like to translate the game, and regarding to translation and other languages, it would be super awesome if the radio had multiple channels and also for the out of character chat, so people could write in whatever language they wanted to on their own channel. Just like in Swamp, where one channel is ment for one language etc. People are already communicating in different languages.
Omar: Sam have already replied regarding to punching. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-04-19 16:38:56

burack, You can make your own .lng files. just put original text=new text, all on seperate lints
main menu=main menu in new lang
please select an option=please select an option in new lang
etc.

2015-04-19 16:40:32

Hi, I don't know how they're spelled, if there are  spaces or not, so the probability of mistakes is very, very very high.

2015-04-19 16:47:16 (edited by Locutus 2015-04-19 16:48:48)

Question. Is there a way of knowing how character names are spelled? Right now I basically can't communicate with people because half the time I don't know how they right their names. Not to mention I can't check if they have their pk enabled or not. Though of course most people nowadays just keep it off and resort to punching matches... Sigh.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2015-04-19 16:57:13

Sam,
How did you make the chat consoll?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2015-04-19 20:20:40

yes that would be fine jess. But note do to bgt, the files must be ANSI encoded. Someone sent me a Japanese one and it wouldn't work because those chars wern't ANSI. Quite unfortionatly too. But burack just experiment, for example here is the menu. But I don't use caps that much so usually it's just knife, wawtch, lighter, radio, string, dirt, etc. You could just experiment and see what works. But heres the menu
main menu=
please select an option=
create a player account=
options=
Listen to the story=
test speakers=
exit the game=
options menu=
set up account=
enable logo on startup=
disable logo on startup=
change menu stile to side scrolling=
change menu stile to default=
enable menu wrapping=
disable menu wrapping=
enable visual mode=
disable visual mode=
set menu music=
Please select menu music=
Go Back=
change global tts options=
change say tts options=
allow changing of say voice=
disallow changing of say voice=
change language file=
add alious=
remove alious=
enable screen reader interrupt=
disable screen reader interrupt=
enable update checking on startup=
disable update checking on startup=
check for updates=
Loading story...=
connecting=
logging in=
Hope that helps those who want to start a translation.

2015-04-19 20:28:29

Hi all.
A few days ago, I got a very nice tip from one of the other players, who might not be on this forum.
If you are using NVDA, you can indeed get names, chat messages etc. spelled. Do the following:
1: Go into the options menu in the game.
2: Enable the visuals.
Then, use the left or right brackets or comma and periode to choose the message you wanna get spelled, and then press the NVDA key T twice to get the message spelled. Press the NVDA key T three times to copy the message to the clipboard.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-04-19 20:51:19

Hello all. Sam and good work! continue with this great game you're making

Sorry for my english

2015-04-19 20:52:14

Hi, I have now began the translation of items in the inventory. How ever, for example, rocks means taş in turkish, but when I press t, it doesn't find that item, I have to press r instead. Can you please try to fix this?

2015-04-20 00:38:59 (edited by Sam_Tupy 2015-04-20 00:40:07)

oh shoot, oh boy yeh, oh man that's gonna be a tough nut bug to crack down on. I know why but that would take a while to fix. oi. But everyone, soon I will have this event called the samocity public bathroom! Kinda gross, and kinda not. Also there will soon be a client update with some new surfaces I can use in the future with maps, and quite posibly the fix of the translation inv bugs. I may also look at fixxing the out of character chat bug whare some people try pressing backslash but arg, I have no darn idea what is causing this cause it's not my fault. The public bathroom will have this jail trap, a semitary, an odd dripping medal room called the bathroom, I just called it that just because. But yeh I hope you'll enjoy it anyway rofl.

2015-04-20 02:20:36

ok so now the event is here, grab items that you can't do anything with! Rofl! Have fun yall! Just for refference the id is 55310. Have fun in my custom designed public bathroom!