2014-07-18 00:07:35

Finally got around to trying this one. You'd think it'd be just another simple button masher but simple it most certainly isn't. I've made it as far as the Archers.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2014-07-18 00:53:55

Yep Bryan. As I said earlier in the topic, the mechanics quite surprised me sinse I assumed this was your usual left/right  sterrio  target   reaction fest,  which it is not.

I am  very impressed  with what has been done with  such minimal mechanics, and that's aside from very  audio, voice acting ood and   story.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-18 06:41:14

Exactly.I've had to take frequent breaks in order to avoid swearing or doing something stupid to my laptop simply because it's taken me forever to figure out theideal moment to strike a particular opponent or parry his/her attack.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2014-07-18 11:38:24

Hi, please I need help with the guy on level 2. When he says take that or something like that, I block him, but I can't time it everytime, and I never killed him. So help me please.

2014-07-18 11:51:05

how exactly do you start the game? I've entered on the website and clicked the play button but nothing happens. I've tried on two different computers with two browser, ie and chrome but it didn't work. an help would be appreciated.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2014-07-18 12:46:53

@Roro, you need to block him twice, then strike.
@Nin, Look in post 143 for the download link for the latest version.

2014-07-18 12:52:12

@nin, blind swordsman also now has a db page  you can find the download links for mac and pc there along with a link to  how to install on mac.

@Roro, You need to begin blocking when you hear the flail man start to swing, not too early when he charges, then  as Quasar said, two blocks and  you can strike.

This is one nice aspect of the game, each enemy requires a slightly different approach, for example the first man (I always think of him as the sarcastic swordman), it's quite possible to just chop down before he  swings, while some others you need to focus more on defense and waiting for a correct opening.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-18 12:58:12

I know that I should block him. But I want to know when? When to block him? When he says: Take that, or die, etc, I try to block him but without any result. This is my problem.

2014-07-18 13:06:48

oh thanks. I didn't know that..

Stephen King

2014-07-18 14:27:24

@Roro, as I said when he swings.  He will charge in saying "hear comes the pain" or similar, then his footsteps will stop infront of you and you'll hear his battlecry as he winds  back to swing, this is when you need to block.

With some enemies you can hear a drawing weaponsound, (it's certainly there with the first man), but some you  just need to judge.

Bare in mind the  window of opportunity to block is pretty short, and you need to be fairly exact, one reason why the game  is challenging, though I found it okay once I got the  knack.

2014-07-18 14:44:07

sorry out of topic. dark. you already respond to my pm don't you???

2014-07-18 14:44:08

Thanks, I'm now at the arrows, they're hard, but I know how to get them, I must time myself very precisely.

2014-07-18 15:33:27

"time yourself very precisely"  sort of describes the entire  game! 

@mike,  yes I diddd get your pm and respond.

2014-07-18 16:47:21

I've beaten the game in 180 degrees mode today. I have to admit that the game mechanics are not the usual ones.. the only fight that was really a challenge was the final one but I will not spoil anything. good luck with the game.

Stephen King

2014-07-18 17:49:36

I'm now at level 8, the armey. I'm tired with those ennemies:
an ennemy who blocked more than 18 attacks. I was very frustrated. But how many of them are there in level 8? Many, many ennemies.

2014-07-18 17:57:42

@Quasar and @Dark those are good suggestions, I'll see if I have time to revisit the game.  What I really wanna do is a multiplayer mode haha

2014-07-18 18:14:22

Well i'm not sure on  translating the game mechanics to multiplayer, in it's current state, sinse at the moment you'd basically be playing a long game of chicken, seeing who blocked first. Unless some extra  attacks, or variations in strike time or weaponry were added, not to mention the ability to live through more than one hit and strike at different ranges.

I will confess I'm more a single player bod anyway, so would be highly interested in seeing the game expanded in it's current single player form.

@Nin, good going on finishing the game. I must admit that  horseman is still something of a pest  with his huge number of attacks to block.

@Roro, I would guess your not attacking quickly enough after you block if the army are  giving you so much trouble. Generally what I found is that with the generic thugs and dagger men in the army you could pretty much block then instantly attack, sinse the army men weren't half as fast or defensive as the dagger sisters, actually   I found the army rather easy especially compared to the archers.

This is another reason I'd be interested to see more weapons and fighting styles in the game.

2014-07-18 18:17:31

@Dark in multiplayer, you'd move around, others would hear your sound steps, and there would be a mechanic to get a super move by taunting the others, giving your position up for to increase your super gauge.  So it would be like a game of blind tag....sorta haha
But the blind game I actually wanna do is a mech battle game using the mech's instruments, radar, sonar, etc to navigate and battle

2014-07-18 19:44:00

@Dark No, I'm not having problems with the armey, they only take many strikes, they block many of my attacks. Not all of them, only one ennemy, somehow similar to the one on level 2 but more difficult: I mean its sound is the same: The one who say: Take that, you'll die, etc. But level 7 is easy, just kill and kill and kill: I don't block anyone: just killing and killing, because they're from another type of ennemies. But in level 8, they're mixed.

2014-07-18 19:48:44

Well maybe the lack of blocking is the reason your spending  more time on them. I found myself the army all went down if I just blocked their first hit then immediately attacked afterewards, accepts for the  flail man who you have to block two hits from.

2014-07-18 19:49:55

Yes, the 8th level needs a little focus.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2014-07-18 20:02:19

Yeah, exactly. And Dark, I was talking about the flale.

2014-07-18 23:48:04

Well as I said, the   flale is a matter of blocking two hits, then attacking quickly after the second.

2014-07-19 00:51:40

I lost count of how many times that dagger chick killed me. Then after that the wolves took quite a few tries.

2014-07-19 17:03:03

I thought I'd post my strategies for each level:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
1. As soon as you hear the clink of the man drawing his sword, attack for a guaranteed kill.
2. Block twice, then attack quickly.
3. Once the woman attacks, attack immediately. If she has stayed put, you will hit her, but if not, turn, parry again, then wait for her to run back in and attack again.
4. When you hear a wolf bark and charge, wai for the growl to change just before he attacks, and strike.
5. I parry each arrow. Then, parry each dagger once and strike.
6. Treat enemy just like the man from level 1, wait for him to start his strike, then strike before he can. I will get a perfect run every time.
7. Repeat the strategy for level 3 three times.
8. Use the strategy from level 1, 2, or 5, for each enemy that charges.
9. Parry the knight's attack. Once he attacks, either he will charge past you and continue circling, or he will move slightly right or left and attack again. If he charges past, he will not be hittable. If he turns and attacks, you must block 10 attacks and then have a short period to attack.
10. The sorcerer will teleport in random directions, throwing fireballs roughly every other teleport. If you hear crows, ignore them, they are just a distraction. Once you hear him teleport quickly, he will teleport away, toward, left and right. Try to end up where his fourth teleport will end, and you will have a small window to attack.

Survival mode: this works exactly like an endless version of level 8.