2016-08-31 19:45:05

As far as the soundpack I have which is the latest one released for Vipmud, there's a couple or more of errors in the jump.set file. At least it involves jumping between sectors.
Otherwise, I wish the other thing that could be changed in the soundpack is the F3 hotkey. That's the hotkey used for find next in Vipmud. And I use that a hell of a lot while ferroting through triggers in set files, and when in the output window. Currently its to reduce room volume.
As a replacement for all of those hotkeys being taken up just for volumes, you can make it like the following convention below.
F4 is to reduce the room volume, control-F4 to raise the room volume. and the same with ship sounds, F5 to lower, control-F5 to raise, and on and on.

Just my two cents, I'm giving cr a fair trial myself, so only trying to help, always.
Keep up the good work!
smile

2016-08-31 21:12:42

hey nathan, you might wanna update the first post. It's still got the old IP. Less confusing for first timers that way as they won't have to read all the way through to post 199 for the new details.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-08-31 21:20:23

Question. Why the IP address instead of an URL? Is so that our computer do not have to ask the dns servers what the IP of your moo is before connecting? Just wondering.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-09-04 22:14:24

Good evening folks
Ok question 1, why the ip? because I've not set up DNS yet.
Question 2: the soundpack, talk to erra about that one.
question 3: good Idea on the connection info thing

finally:
There are many new changes and announcements on cosmic rage, but here are my personal favorites:
[announcement] from SDF Five-Star General Kayla Maryanne: hi folks! I am proud to bring yu, after much blood, sweat and a lot of swearing, our new ship saving system! Got a custom ship or normal ship? got nice descs and a sweet defense upgrade? don't want to loose it? not a problem! In this sweet saving system you have the ability to haul your ship onto the docks and save it, then when the ship gets blown up by some nasty host, ahem I mean vacus, totally... vacus, you can reconstruct it back to the stats of your last save! I've not quite got all the upgrades in yet, but things like damage, defense, warp, speed, subatomic, jump range, shields, microdrones, rooms, descs, all that, they're all saved. The reconstruction is done using resources supplied to a factory by the local galactic union, be that SDF or for you bunch of outlaws, vacus. The commands are as follows and should all be excecuted from the dry docks: save <ship.. Save a starship. reconstruct. Reconstruct a ship. Remember that this should only be used if your ship went boomage. I hope you enjoy!

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks. not sure how much this will break things in the long term, but I have taken out the old starship frame. There are now 4 different starship frames, small, medium. large and huge. The small frame has 25 rooms, medium=50, large=75, huge=100. They obviously vary in resource requirements, too. Enjoy
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! enspired by a conversation earlier, you can now set your birthday! by setting your out of character birthday, you entitle ourself to a free donator item of up to £15 on your special day! You can only set your birthday once, so do it right! Type birthday to set it up.
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks. I have added two new policies to our list, the metagaming and Ic/OOC policy. These can both be found under the OOC section and I advise you familiarise yourself with them. Thank you.
SDF Four Star General Brandon Red Designation: added a few rentable stores on panaxes enjoy guys
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! i bring you, a cool new report method! You know how sometimes you get a tracebacks and you're like... what do I say. I got a traceback. Then later on some host goes hey, I'm sorry but I couldn't generate that bug? well! worry yourself no more! When you cause a traceback, you get given the message, sorry, but your command bla bla bla. Well now, at the end of that, is a traceback number. 1, for example. When reporting, if you want to include the traceback in your report, which I highly recommend, when prompted answer yes, and type in that ID number. The moo will then attach your traceback and the bug will be fixed. thank you so much for your continued reports, and I look forward to bug ssquishing with you!

some changes:
collect can no longer be used on access tubes, but now on garages and hangars SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
fixed a bug with following people about SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
fixed a bug with the fill-tank command SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
you can no longer power down during transfer SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
fixed a bug with the birthday command  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
put in some safeguards that may or may not stop random tb's with salvaging. i think I know what the issue was... but meh SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
fixed so that: 1. Accents work nicely on the private networks. 2. Emotes, with the *emote* syntax, work nicely, and 3. You can now type pn message, to talk on the private network rather than speak x into radio/earpiece SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
fixed a typo with the stralenites airlock SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
you shouldnt be able to shoot factories now unless their owner puts them in war mode... no garantees though SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
made the out of oxygen message a bit clearer  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
you should be able to view weapons when the ship is undocked or on green alert now SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith

These are of course not all the changes, and I am continually working on the moo.
I took the advice of an earlier poster, and have made bug fixing my top priority.
Thanks muchly

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-09-08 08:34:57

If someone could post an updated link to the soundpack that'd be great!

2016-09-09 22:07:27

hi all.
Today on Cosmic Rage a strange thing happend to me.
I was level 252.
I disconectedd from the game, and come back after 5 or 6 hours.
My level was 110.
When I checked my skills, they all looked like when I was on level 110.
Please help, i don't want to gruynd this levels again.

Don't care.

2016-09-10 00:09:51

I did the same thing, I was level 52 yesterday, I logged in today and I had no account. I'm not prepared to play those levels again as I didn't particularly enjoy any of the newbie activities, I was given my levels back but I miss my old character so I think I'm done with this game.

2016-09-10 00:40:52

Database loss, according to the announcements, which is actually a nice place to start off this post.  This game is already complex enough as it is and hardly feels newby friendly, so I doubt I'll be sticking to it much, particularly since I created my character for the first time on Wednesday night, only to have to recreate it today.
1.  The creation process, while well explained is flawed in that, if anyone messes up, going back to a room to fix the issue is impossible.
2.  The reset system is entirely unforgiving.  Supposing factor one is true and you mess up your character, you are allowed a chance to reset it every month.
3.  Creation of this caliber without options to choose from and a chance to view the final description seems absurd unless you come into the game with detailed knowledge of how much description you, the player, must provide for yourself.
4.  Fatfobia is something I find distasteful; that a game would make outright rude remarks about someone being too fat to walk through walls hardly seems professional.  I mean, seriously, who isn't too fat to walk through walls?
5.  For the life of me, I still can't even find a landing pad, so getting started with anything, given that I don't know where to grab these so-called merchant ships to take to different planets seems ridiculously complex.  I've tried mpa landing, map pad, map docking, map dock, and have come up with a list of zero possibilities that make sense.
6.  Your hosts and players are either too busy to help or too busy to care.  We asked for advice on solving an issue concerning wearing clothing owing to the fact that we received a message suggesting that it would be uncomfortable to wear any item of clothing we tried.
7.  Not everyone is social.  I saw an instance where someone was told over newby communication that there best bet to get something done, whatever the something is actually escapes me at present, was to confer with other players.  Some of us are a little more interested in Mechanics.
8.  Am I stupid?  Fine!  I'm stupid!  But how do I obtain a driver's license?  I can apparently purchase a transport vehicle to get to various places and such given my level only needs to be 1 unless I misread something, but I can't purchase it because I don't have a license to drive, apparently.
9.  Hunting or hand mining?  There is, as far as I know, nothing suggesting one way or the other that I should choose one over the other, assuming I ever find a ship that'll kindly lift me off my planet.
10.  Improvements are good, adding is wonderful, new features are great, but I've seen far too often, games that choke on excess material.  People get burned out on how overwhelming the mountain of features that require a ton of bug squashing, thus bugs never get squashed and the game ends up a ghost town.  If there is a good game hidden beneath the surface I am still trying to penetrate, I sincerely hope it stays that way.
To conclude, I'm more frustrated with this one than I probably should be, but I'm being as honest as possible in the hopes that some of this might, bring in a greater crowd.  if my concerns are seen as trivialities I won't take it personally, but I must admit that this was one I've had my eye on for awhile and only now decided to try because I'm always skeptical about space oriented moos anyway.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-09-10 01:24:25

I really don't want to replay all those levels yet again. Wish i could submit my logs of the last few days and have myself put back the way I was before the crash. This database crashing and lost of data is sort of old. Now, as for transpertation, try using the teleporters at first. They can be a bit usefull at the beginning. If you wish instead to catch a transport, then the place to look for is different for different locations. space stations and factories, you are looking for access tubes. on planets, there is usually a landing pad or something. Did you try the LP command? Yes, it is a major challenge for new players. Also, yes, it may be time to work on those bugs a bit. As for the driver's license, you will have to go to the research center or station or what ever that is call. The teleporter can get you there. one of the rooms there should help you get what you need. As for the creation process, I agreed. It would be nice if I can walk back and forth through the rooms until I get my description and stuff right. There other muds out there that seem to be a bit mor forgiving when it comes to the resetting too. The fat thing hasn't really bugged me. True, it is not all that funny after the first time or two, but it is not the one thing that would drive me away. It can see how it may turn some away.As for clothing, it I am not to sure where to tell you to go for some if I do know your race. Anyway, the only place I bought any was on earth. As for the players not having much time for you, sorry about that. Give david brooks in the game a shout out if you wish and I will see what I can do. True, some are more social than others. I would have thought that the newbie channel was to ask those questions that you did not know how to ask even though there is an IC way of asking.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-09-10 05:35:36

I was really enjoying this game but I'm just not prepared to restart

2016-09-10 10:28:51

how to download and play this game?thanks.

2016-09-10 11:14:38

It's a mud which means you will need to get a mud client, vipmud is the one I use but there are other good ones. You then need to enter the mud's information which can be found on post one as long as that has been updated. Also I recommend the sound pack, download it and follow the directions about where to put the files. Sorry this probably caused more confusion than anything else.

2016-09-10 11:19:02

Luke 2 wrote:

It's a mud which means you will need to get a mud client, vipmud is the one I use but there are other good ones. You then need to enter the mud's information which can be found on post one as long as that has been updated. Also I recommend the sound pack, download it and follow the directions about where to put the files. Sorry this probably caused more confusion than anything else.

I know,how to download and connect?

2016-09-10 11:23:28

and,what sound pac?how to get it?also,1 have a link,this link have a error

2016-09-10 16:08:46

Okay this is irritating.

I decided to connect to the game and see what was going on and was told "the host name is invalid" even though I'm using the character info I setup before in Vipmud.

I then tried connecting to 132.148.16.125 port 7777 manually, and still nothing.

I checked the cosmic rage website and that is still the same connection information. Has the hosting or connection to the game changed?

I'm quite looking forward to getting back to harvesting and what not, and also seeing how the game's changed since I last played so advice would be appreciated.

Oh and also, are there any updates to the soundpack?I used the dropbox link here but was told the file had moved.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-10 16:22:13

Hello everyone
Ok let me start at the beginning.
Yes our database has rolled back, something which was unfortunately beyond my control.
The event of the database rollback is upsetting for me, as well as you. You have to remember that you lost levels and time and effort, and I lost 9 days worth of constant, hard-working code.
AS you know, we implemented a changes system where you can filter minor bugs, something I'm actually reputting in right now.
For those of you who have lost levels, cash and whatnot, we are restoring people there.
It is variably the same for new players too. WE will restore you to the point you were at to the best of your memory.
It is the best we can do.
Now then, let me address this list of 10 bad things about cosmic rage.

1.  The creation process, while well explained is flawed in that, if anyone messes up, going back to a room to fix the issue is impossible.

I agree. The chargen system was one of the first things I coded and thus is a bit... ahem, floored. As with all first time code, its not perfect. That being said, if you take the time to walk throug hthe rooms and read the descriptions carefully, you have no problem.

That being said, I will look over it.

2.  The reset system is entirely unforgiving.  Supposing factor one is true and you mess up your character, you are allowed a chance to reset it every month.

Entirely unforgiving? I'm afraid you've lost me:
reset 1. Resets your character back to the beginning, including cash, level and skills.
Reset type 2: resets ships, objects and the like, but only halves your level and cash.
The one reset a month is simply just to stop people going, reset, reset, reset, reset, reset, which would kind of ruin rp a bit.

3.  Creation of this caliber without options to choose from and a chance to view the final description seems absurd unless you come into the game with detailed knowledge of how much description you, the player, must provide for yourself.

I agree again , and as said above, I'm working on it. That bei9ng said, it is stated that if you assist we as the hosts will change it up for you.

4.  Fatfobia is something I find distasteful; that a game would make outright rude remarks about someone being too fat to walk through walls hardly seems professional.  I mean, seriously, who isn't too fat to walk through walls?

This is meant as more of a joke than a direct rude remark, and I have nothing against fat people, that being said, in your options menu, you can turn them off for the standard "You can't go that way."

5.  For the life of me, I still can't even find a landing pad, so getting started with anything, given that I don't know where to grab these so-called merchant ships to take to different planets seems ridiculously complex.  I've tried mpa landing, map pad, map docking, map dock, and have come up with a list of zero possibilities that make sense.

Did you try typing lp? I'm not even joking. It is in the help getting started or help common commands help file.

6.  Your hosts and players are either too busy to help or too busy to care.  We asked for advice on solving an issue concerning wearing clothing owing to the fact that we received a message suggesting that it would be uncomfortable to wear any item of clothing we tried.

I recall answering this question, and asking you to report.
AS a matter of fact, hosts on the game are extremely busy, but we do try to answer as often as we can. WE are only singular people though.
As a matter of fact we do care.

7.  Not everyone is social.  I saw an instance where someone was told over newby communication that there best bet to get something done, whatever the something is actually escapes me at present, was to confer with other players.  Some of us are a little more interested in Mechanics.
I don't know what this was about. Either I missed it, was or was not online, for which I apologise.
That being said, the game mechanics, and help files, would lead you by the hand through the game with ease, there is no reason at all for yu to communicate with other players if you do not want to.

8.  Am I stupid?  Fine!  I'm stupid!  But how do I obtain a driver's license?  I can apparently purchase a transport vehicle to get to various places and such given my level only needs to be 1 unless I misread something, but I can't purchase it because I don't have a license to drive, apparently.

Did you ask this question on newbie? Driving licence is a skill, skills are trained at the research complex and can be read about in help skills.

9.  Hunting or hand mining?  There is, as far as I know, nothing suggesting one way or the other that I should choose one over the other, assuming I ever find a ship that'll kindly lift me off my planet.
That's the point. WE give you, the player, to choose what you enjoy more.

10.  Improvements are good, adding is wonderful, new features are great, but I've seen far too often, games that choke on excess material.  People get burned out on how overwhelming the mountain of features that require a ton of bug squashing, thus bugs never get squashed and the game ends up a ghost town.  If there is a good game hidden beneath the surface I am still trying to penetrate, I sincerely hope it stays that way.
As stated above, I implemented a changes system for major and minor changes filtering. Furthermore, I make bug squishing my top priority. If there is a bug, I ffix it.

To conclude, I'm more frustrated with this one than I probably should be, but I'm being as honest as possible in the hopes that some of this might, bring in a greater crowd.  if my concerns are seen as trivialities I won't take it personally, but I must admit that this was one I've had my eye on for awhile and only now decided to try because I'm always skeptical about space oriented moos

I can see why you would be frustrated if you have had this much difficulty on the game.
That being said, the help files are a great place to look if you get stuck. By looking at your main concerns you could simply glance at the help files and have quick, easy-to-understand answers.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-09-10 16:25:18

Hello dark and new players.

Soundpack link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1oeng6ucc5ylb … k.zip?dl=1

Connection info has changed.
IP address: 109.228.48.230
port: 7777

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-09-10 16:45:34

Hello.
Lets see, answers:
To post 216,
the connection info is the following:
Host:
port:
To post 209, a lot of your...i will call them points, could be answered be reading the helpfiles there.
For example, the one talking about landing pads.
The following is part of the common commands help file:
lp: Find out the name of a landing pad or access tube of your current planet or space station.
so after using that command, you would then use the map, again from the common commands help file:
map: By itself will show you all the rooms in area. To find directions to a room in the area you are in, type map room name
to find the landing pad or tube that the lp command informed you of.
The one about the driving license, again a helpfile, help skills says that:
Skills can be raised in only one place. Research Complex, located in sector 14, is the Central Galactic Skill center.
how do I get their?
If you have a starship, go there.
If you do not then:
1. Take a merchant ship from your core planet to Maraquda.
2. Take a research ship from Maraquda to the Research Complex.
Finally about the clothes, the only thing i can tell you is that not all races can use all types of clothes, i just can't remember if it is mentioned somewhere.
I agree that it can be a bit confusing, but don't let these details stop you from playing.
I'm connected most of the time, so you, or any other person needing help, can link with Alec Starlight and i will be glad to help.
Hope to see you there,
Kevin.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

2016-09-10 16:48:32

If there's a really great moo, that one's Cosmic rage. true, there are bugs. But even more true, is that if reported, they get fixed. The hosts care. Like, they care, for real, and don't make the players to feel bad for asking a simple question. Give cosmic rage a try. You become a player, but also, you get the chance to make the game better by suggesting and reporting. Don't get mad if someone doesn't answer instantly on the newbie channel. Like you or me, they are busy, or didn't saw what you asked. Don't give up at the first bug, or at the first problem you find.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2016-09-10 17:29:04

Thanks Nathan, that's handy, it'll take me a bit to refamiliarize myself with the game, but I look forward to trying some more activities, I'll also write up a db page (I love the soundpack, the changes are great).

You might also consider changing the connection info and soundpack link on the cosmic rage website, since that way people are more likely to find what they're looking for.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-09-12 18:37:20

So, I've been playing this game for a few days now, and while I like it, I do have a few questions.

1. Which ship should i start out with? I'm level 40, bought a shuttle, but now it seems like i can't do anything with it. I can't move to any sector, and I'm not sure what else I can do.

2. I'm really confused soundpack wise. I have one for VIP, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what to do with it. I've tried renaming the mud in my client, putting the folder where I know its not supposed to go as well as where it is. I don't know what to do, but I'll try again.

3. Not really a question, but why is the majority of changes adding socials? Well, i guess that is kind of a question, but still, I've submitted multiple reports relating to actiities not working properly das ago, and nothing has changed. I undestand that there are more important things to do, but it would be nice to see at least som e accknowledgement of player problems.

All this said, I will definitely continue to play, and consider it to be my favorite mud at the moment.

"900 years in time and space and I have never met someone who wasn't important." The Doctor.
Come say hi on Twitter

2016-09-12 18:54:25

I think you need a salvager for the starter ship,
don't forget to read the  salvaging help file, who knows that damn rat will attack your ship

2016-09-13 15:57:27

Hello everyone
First off, @dark
Thank you so much.
AS sappy as this will sound, since I started playing games over 5 years ago, it has always been my ambition to get a db page on hear, to get some recognition and as my 11 year old mind put it back those years ago, "be like the professionals"
I'm frankly amazed you would do it, and sincerely grateful.

Next up, @cryingfire. Here are the answers I came up with for you:

1. Which ship should i start out with? I'm level 40, bought a shuttle, but now it seems like i can't do anything with it. I can't move to any sector, and I'm not sure what else I can do.

shuttles are used in two activities:
space dust, where you collect space dust for cash and points, level 40
as tin cans for chunks, level 400

2. I'm really confused soundpack wise. I have one for VIP, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what to do with it. I've tried renaming the mud in my client, putting the folder where I know its not supposed to go as well as where it is. I don't know what to do, but I'll try again.

Try having a read of the read me file, found in cosmic rage/help files/readme.txt I believe.

If you are still stuck, ask on the sound pack channel, by typing options, turning it on, and typing sp heeeeeeelp!

3. Not really a question, but why is the majority of changes adding socials? Well, i guess that is kind of a question, but still, I've submitted multiple reports relating to actiities not working properly das ago, and nothing has changed. I undestand that there are more important things to do, but it would be nice to see at least som e accknowledgement of player problems

Recently, Cosmic Rage suffered a rather large rollback for reasons even the hosts are not 100 percent sure about.
Due to this,  a lot of socials, lotions, stores and other such things were lost.
I am working as fast as I can to, and in this order:
1. Do reports, and recover lost stuff at the same time.
2. Reimplement lost stuff.
3. Do suggestions.

I am actually about to get back to reports right now, after I have checked this for spelling errors.
Do not be in doubt, the flood of socials will slow once more as we resume business as usual.
For those who are worried, we also have a back up plan set up now, which backs us up every 24 hours so something like this will *not* happen again.
Thank you for reading, and thank you players for playing!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-09-13 18:53:56

I can think at least one other use for shuttles. Think about those asteroids that you haul in from deep space to a beacon station. A shuttle is really usefull for you to go down to the beacon station to tether the roid to the station. After all, you can't land a ship that is tied to a roid. In short. shuttles are good for short hops in space. they can be replaced for a cheeper price than pretty much any other ship out there. I have two of them my self. One is placed in the docking bay of my asteroid hauler and the other is placed in the blazing star I have.

DropBox Referral

2016-09-14 22:42:51

hello, where I can buy the items for hand mining? i explorate the shops of te first area of humans, but I dont found the ittems

Sorry for my english