2016-08-17 05:36:15

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: good evening folks! I had a small idea, but thanks to izik, this idea became huge. We have added a bit more realism to invasions, 1: hosts can trigger silent invasions. These invasions are not shouted about over flight control. 2: if an enemy is right above a planet, the planet has a good old shout about it on fc and launches allied battleships into the area to lend a hand. The number of battleships, however, is dependant on how many it has in its ship storage. It launches 10 percent of its storage. Every 12 hours, the scheduler adds a random of 1 to 5 ships. The maximum the scheduler will take it up to is 150 ships. 3? or 4: players can donate to make the ship store more, and I don't mean donate as in cash, i mean donate as in credits. it costs 55 billion per ship to add to a planet or space stations ship storage. You can view a planets defense status with the ship command on landing pads, and can also donate with the ship command on landing pads. This works on tubes too. I hope you enjoy!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-19 23:45:20

Hi guys
Time to catch you up a bit, here are some new announcements:
[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: good evening folks! I bring you: player run dwelling complexes! in this really awesome part of building a factory you are able to build apartments, dwellings, hotel rooms or what ever you so choose and then rent them out to players!It is really easy-to-do, and only takes up 2 slots in your building rooms available for factories. There is of course a help file on this: help player run dwelling complexes, and of course, you should enjoy!

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! I bring you: oxygen compression! Using the oxygen compression chamber in your factories you can compress the oxygen you get from planetoids and such into cleaner forms. This is then used to fill up 3 types of oxygen tank, small, medium and large. You can then refill your spacesuits from these, either by leaving them in an airlock, or whatever. The commands are: transfer: transfer oxygen. compress: compress oxygen. Refresh <tank>: refresh the tanks oxygen. Fill <spacesuit> with <tank>: fill the spacesuit with oxygen. Enjoy!

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! I bring you, an alternate way of speaking. Using the pronoun subs %A and %N, you can vary your speech a little. So: 1. say hi how are you. You see: You say hi how are you. Room sees: nathan says: hi how are you. 2. %n: Example: say lovely weather, %n though, I'd really love more sun. You see: lovely weather, you say,  though, I really would like more sun. room sees: lovely weather, nathan says, though, I want more sun. 3. %A: example and this one can only be used like this: hi there, %A %N how are you. hi there, in a commanding texan drawl nathan says, how are you today. Enjoy!

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: good evening folks! I had a small idea, but thanks to izik, this idea became huge. We have added a bit more realism to invasions, 1: hosts can trigger silent invasions. These invasions are not shouted about over flight control. 2: if an enemy is right above a planet, the planet has a good old shout about it on fc and launches allied battleships into the area to lend a hand. The number of battleships, however, is dependant on how many it has in its ship storage. It launches 10 percent of its storage. Every 12 hours, the scheduler adds a random of 1 to 5 ships. The maximum the scheduler will take it up to is 150 ships. 3? or 4: players can donate to make the ship store more, and I don't mean donate as in cash, i mean donate as in credits. it costs 55 billion per ship to add to a planet or space stations ship storage. You can view a planets defense status with the ship command on landing pads, and can also donate with the ship command on landing pads. This works on tubes too. I hope you enjoy!

Also a few changes:
if a person just tyeps @quit, the moo doesnt show person is disconnecting. it only shows that if there is a mesage  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
for those of us who forget to turn red alert off. The moo now checks to see if there are people abord each time the siren blairs and if there are not, it turns the red alert off  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added meat coolers for hunting. These allow you to put meat in then sell-all from cooler all at once SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith

We also now have a very spacey log on screen, with seriously space connection messages and a swaggy who listing.
Hope to see you soon!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-20 02:22:47

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! added the plasma missile weapon for starships. Requires 10 plasma and a missile to fire. Slams home 4k damage but is a level 12 starship weapon in terms of skill. There is a blueprint to make it too. enjoy!

and
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! You can now use the ** emotes on pa! Also accents show on pa too. so: pa *while crunching crisps* shows: [pa SDF Supreme commander nathan Smith in a commanding texan drawl] while crunching crisps: hi. For soundpack users. You will need to change a trigger. Using the vip trigger manager thing, simply delete the comma of [pa*],* so it reads: [pa*]*

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-20 21:46:01

Hi dardar!
Is it possible to login into the mud as guest? I only want to give this a little first look.

2016-08-22 00:55:57

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! I bring you our new fire safety system! What is the point in hanging a fire extinguisher if you still have to walk all the way there, just to type ext! honestly! well ragequit no more! In this new system if you hang a fire extinguisher in a room, and fill up your water tanks, the extinguisher will take ten water from the water tanks and douse the fire with it. To fill water tanks you can either: 1. Type fill-tank <ship> from a landing bay, hangar or garage. 2. Gather water in your cargo bay and type process. This should make salvager a lot easier and a lot more fun again. Further more, it uses the name of the extinguisher you fit! How much is in your water tanks can be viewed in status. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-22 12:21:05

I can see these water tanks use to shower with, or should I say that I can see that showers could draw from these too. interesting.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-08-22 19:08:31

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: Hi folks! I bring you: facctory logs! Activated when a factory is public, these logs record actions that happen within your factory. The commands are log view, to view the log, and log clear, to clear the log. They record the following things: game date and time, followed by action in the format: date, time: action. Things it records: docks and undocks, refining, debris transfer, crushing bricks, smashing bricks, mcrushes, drone construction, the factory being fully charged, people launching and landing, unloading debris, making things from labs and probably a lot more. I hope you enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-22 21:24:21

Great. Now I will know how unpopular my factory is. Rofl. Thanks for adding this. Speaking in which, I really need to work on mine a little more so that it could bring me a little more income via direct or indirect means. No, I am not going to steal from anyone. Somewhere to store those planet chunks and bricks is useful, don’t you think? LOL.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-08-22 22:13:17

hi cw
maybe this will help
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! I bring you 3 more factory room types: volcano transfer, trash transfer, and digger transfer rooms. These allow for players to drive there vehicles into the room, and type unload <vehicle> while standing outside. for volcano or trash, the drones will unload the items in the cargo then crush them into metal, liquid and plastic before storing them in your cargo bay. For diggers, it takes the minerals and stores them in your cargo bay. The player is then rewarded a cost that you can set, with the setup command. Enjoy!

a few changes:

updated the multi playing policy SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
the warbase is fixed. have fun dying... ahem  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
instead of announcements now showing up on the log on screen, they are under there own option in the menu SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added the ext command to speak into a vehicles external mike SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added two new possible wormhole destination sectors: stationary comets and station moons SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
fixed a bug with wormholes SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
rebalanced lead into a more realistic stance. SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
you must now type fuse <trolley> for <number of panels you want> SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-22 22:52:28

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! so I've made a few half minor half major changes to planetoid splitting. 1. It is no longer planetoid splitting. 2. It is now celestial splitting. 3. You can split asteroids or planetoids. 4. You can salvage the lost chunks in the form of debris. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-23 01:43:59

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! I bring you, bicycles! What you can do: ride them, dismount from them, set a riding style of speed, zoom, trundle or just ride, perform custom stunts on them with the stunt with <bicycle> command, and pull skids on them. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-24 01:05:32

[announcement] from SDF Five-Star General Kayla Maryanne: hello folks and players. As you know, the hosts have been very busy behind the scenes, coding, building, describing and the like. You may also have noticed on flight control the reports of a strange mountain on mars. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am proud, and I mean proud, to present to you our newest planet, mars! mainly built by Builder Laurel nightshade, with a shop or two from myself and escription checks by the wonderful aeriana starlight, this rather large planet has an array of things for you to partake in, from activity areas, to a mountain, to a huge clothing shop and much, muh more. The main builder on this project was Builder Laurel Nightshade, who I know is a little nurvous about her first release, but a big well done to her for the work she put in to it. The planet can be found in sector 1 at coordinates -20, -20, -20. I really honestly hope you enjoy.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-25 13:22:28

[announcement] from SDF Five-Star General Kayla Maryanne: hello folks! Yet another crafting edition to our rather large collection is the new ability to use crafting, or assembly, rooms! In these rooms you have the opportunity to make 1. covers for technological devices. 2. Flooring plates. 3. Frames for pictures. You can engrave, or encrust gems, into the project you make and there is obviously a help file on it. It takes 92 metal panels to make the room. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-25 23:51:58

Hi folks.
Some announcements and changes I'm sure you'll find most exciting:
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! You can now use one of the following when emoting: 1. semote nose is red. Result: bob's nose is red. 2. emote I can't believe what %N's hand is doing. Result: I can't believe what bob's hand is doing.
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! Yet another crafting edition to our rather large collection is the new ability to use crafting, or assembly, rooms! In these rooms you have the opportunity to make 1. covers for technological devices. 2. Flooring plates. 3. Frames for pictures. You can engrave, or encrust gems, into the project you make and there is obviously a help file on it. It takes 92 metal panels to make the room. Enjoy!
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! added baby and pet transporters. These allow you to place your pet and or baby inside them for easier storage. You can choose from a list of things to place them on, like bears feathers, etc or enter a custom one of your own. You can choose between two movement styles, flying or wheeling, and can also set the temperature of the transporter. Enjoy!
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! Just added a new option, if toggling it to yes, you will see hints when leveling up about new starships and new skills available at that level. I'll add more soon. Enjoy!

moved debris to the near the bottom of cargo hold displays  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added the clean command to starshi control rooms to trigger a cleaning drone to clean the outside of your ship using water from the water tanks SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
drones now say drop that first if you are holding it  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added an options to toggle the hearing of the roundtime up messge SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added more type options and secondtype options to chairs SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
updated the volcano section of the info comp SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
sinks and ovens can be bolted in custom places now SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added a confirmation prompt for resettting comms SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith

hope to see you playing to and as always, we can't wait to hear your suggestions

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-26 04:45:46 (edited by JasonBlaze 2016-08-26 04:50:47)

hmmm, am around level 155 now, not sure what to do, haha
finding asteroid field is a pain big_smile

2016-08-26 12:08:08

Be sure that the course you set doesn't take you through fields that you don't want to go through seeing that some fields require heat shields. asteroid and planetoid fields does not, but...

DropBox Referral

2016-08-30 16:38:04

hello there.
There are a lot of things to choose from on Cosmic Rage including some of the following:

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks. Something which will cheer a few of you up by a large amount: I have made one or two changes to the @donator-items command. change 1: If an item is delimited by a ** rather than just a *, it means half of it can be bought using rp points. Change 2: if there is a sale on, the donator items command shows so. and finally, 3. The donator items explains the * and ** system at the end. enjoy
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks. You may notice the hp ommand displaying one or two different things. please ignore it
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi pvp people out there. I have changed out the arenas death system a little. Instead of suffering an IC death when dying in the arena, all that happens to you now is you get booted out of the arena and back to the place where you were before. You can then not enter the arena for 15 minutes. other than that, you lose nothing. enjoy!
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: good evening folks! It is my pleasure and pride to announce to you that yet another planet, or rather this time, a space station, has been completed by one of our builders! Panaxes, a large and very time consuming space station that brandon has spent his time slaving over is now available in sector 3 for all to enjoy!
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: just so people know, yes, it is intentional for there to be two plate stores on mars.
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! You now get notified when your hunger and or thirst is at 20,40,60,80 and 90 percents. The syntax to look out for is: [Refreshments]: message. Enjoy!
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! As you may have heard earlier, I've been working on enhancements for the laser weapons and now they are finally done! Laser enhancement lenses can be built from quartz rocks found in the rock annalisation activity, which are then put into the lense labs. when you have enough, it is possible to construct a lense and fit it to your weapon. The lense would improve the damage caused by your weapon. There is a help file on this, enhancing laser weapons, and I hope you enjoy!
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks. It has been bought to our attention that when new socials are added to ooc, or sometimes randomly, there is suddenly a
n ultimate spamoff of ooc socials. This gets on peoples nerves, varying from people reading with cr in the background, to hotss trying to work, to people who were having a conversation. For this reason, we have added the socials channel. You can access this channel by typing soc, and its the place to go wild with the ooc socials. to turn it on or off, type socon and socoff respectively. enjoy
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! Just added another moon activity, moon hauling! In this activity you haul the moon in to a planet using your tractor beam and then use consoles on the landing pads to anchor the moon and reap your reward. Please see the help file for more details. enjoy!

and changes:

nap has been changed to pnap so as not to get in the way of putting pets to bed SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
the chairs in franks furniture are fixed SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
you can no longer scan blueprints unless they are in your inventory  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
info computers should clean themselves of bad blueprints when looking up blueprints now  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
added trackers to the day care center on harmonia to allow you to track babies, pets and droids  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
lowered the liquid nitrogen you need from 50 to 10  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
ryuchi can wear tail sheaths now SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
updated the dredging back story  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
because it makes sense, when you use the clean command to clean the outside of your ship from within the control room, that drone that goes from room to room will now clean up corpses SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
increased planetoid and asteroid size. this will take affect in the next sector refresh  SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith
you can now type setup in a debris transfer point to set up the same welcome messages you get when entering a factories access tube SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith

enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-30 21:43:17

It appears this is down. Can't find a twitter listed anywhere either to get updates. I know it is listed when you connect, but nowhere else

2016-08-30 22:45:33

yep, i think the server is down.

Don't care.

2016-08-30 23:50:03

I guess it has been down for over an hour. I wonder where the problem is. Is @nathantech7713 or @cosmic_ragemud what you are looking for for the twitter name? It's been down for a little while.

DropBox Referral

2016-08-31 00:35:17 (edited by blaze 2016-08-31 00:48:10)

Hey guys,
This is a pretty epic moo, even though I just started playing it yesterday. Still, I've managed to climb to level 41 and spam the hosts with countless reports, assists and suggestions as I do my part to make this thing more playable. I was reluctant to play at first. When I saw the thread, I didn't even click on it and just rolled my eyes in disgust, especially as the name cosmic rage sounded to me like yet another cosmos rip-off. #SpaceWorlds! But recently I started playing star conquest again because of it's feature set, and that's when a friend told me that the feature set of this game was a million times better. He was most certainly right! I am quite disappointed in the soundpack, however. I guess the creativity and effort that was put into the game did not spill over into the making of the pack, as many of the sounds were taken from others of it's type. I would be more than happy to share my sound design knowledge and resources with your team because I really would like to have a better pack for this one, perhaps even shoot for the goal of leveling with Miriani's depth and complexity.
As for the server being down, I was logged in when it shut down, and I guess they're switching over to a new server, but there are some complications preventing him from putting it up when he said he would. Follow @cosmicragemud for details.
I will just say this. If there was one thing I could change about how you guys run this thing, I would have you guys slow down just a little with implementing new features and fix a bit more bugs. Things have the potential to get hard to deal with quickly if there are too many bugged up sections. I have been reporting bugs as I see them and will continue to do so.
Keep it up though. I see much potential in this one, something I can't say for many other muds around today.

2016-08-31 10:38:05

hello
did server down?
i cant connect o game

2016-08-31 12:39:40

From what I am reading, it is around getting a refund. That may not be the only problem, but that sort of makes it sounds like it is running a bit short when it comes to money. Maybe this will teach us to fund these a bit more at least. Really do wish it was up. Omer, yes the server is down. It went down yesterday in my time zone. It’s a shame. Follow the twitter account listed in the post before yours and that should keep you up to date. It would be post 196 if I remember right. Guess I will just run off and find something else to keep myself busy for a while.

DropBox Referral

2016-08-31 14:58:10

Hello players!
Sorry for the 24 hour downtime, we were switching to a new, faster, and cheaper server!
Our new connection info is below:
address: 109.228.48.230
Port: 7777

Hope to see you soon!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-08-31 15:02:03

hi there alec and all
To reply to Alec, I do actually agree, our pack is, in a word, tacky.
It was a quick job just to get the ball rolling so to speak but I am working on revamping it.
Unfortunately, My external hard drive crashed about a month before games release, which is why I lost all my sounds.
That being said, it's being worked on and I'm glad you enjoy the game.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!