2018-11-18 09:34:17

Hello.

What muds are base on video games? I would love to play different muds that are base on video games that I use to play when I had sight.

Thanks.

2018-11-18 09:40:12

Well, there is unofficial squaresoft mud, and also I believe a mud based on resident evil.
however, if your interested in older games I would recommend Cleft of dimensions Website here 

This is a mud set in a world populated by nintendo and other characters and literally starts with the player being sucked into his/her nes, with the tutorial including punchout, marrio warp zones and zelda portals.

Races you can play include kirbies, Reploids, moogles and Hyrulians and there are some really interesting abilities and classes, and of course in the game itself references keep coming with goombas, mushroom blocks, metroids and so on.

My  only major problem with the game is quests seem near impossible to find and do. The game includes lots of quests but whenever I've been on I've ended up wandering around trying to work out where to find what, with the wiki not being too much help, though admittedly I probably need to spend more time.

The game also has very well done access, and I like the point system, indeed it needs a db page too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-18 12:52:47

There are some Muds based an Mass effect and Dragon age. But both are extremely RP-enforced.

2018-11-18 13:18:28

Hi.
There are also some Starwars muds, but I don't know if they are based on the videogames, or just the Starwars universe.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-18 16:05:54

Pokemon fusion is one, but its also rp.

2018-11-18 16:25:47

Do cleft of dimension have a sound pack?

2018-11-19 05:26:54

The unofficial squaresoft mud is the only one listed so far with it's own known soundpack.  I'm curious what you are looking for within a soundpack;  Is it just a few sounds and triggers to help with spam and keep up with certain notifications?  Or is the mishmash soundfeast of Altar Aeon soundpacks.  Honestly AA kind of spoiled people with expecting every mud to have some series of sounds and music for everything...even though one eventually gets annoyed with hearing the same things over and over and generally silence most of the stuff anyway.  Most soundpacks I found are generally spam-reduction packs, using gags, triggers and sounds to clear out most of the clutter.  If you're expecting AA or Star Conquest levels of sounds on muds, you're not going to be playing lots of muds.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2018-11-19 10:03:17 (edited by Dark 2018-11-19 10:03:39)

@Vazbol, I completely agree. I have had lots of fun with Aa over the years, but the experience really is quite misleading.
The number of people I've seen who won't play a mud because it doesn't have a soundpack, even when that mud is entirely accessible and then limit their choice so badly is rather sad, since much as I do like the sounds in something like Aa or cosmic rage, I've had a really good time in muds with straight text as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-20 10:56:07

Has anyone play the Resident Evil mud? How good is it?
Every time I tried to play I could never get log in.