2012-11-21 19:07:14

Hi,
So after hearing a few demos and such, I am seriously thinking about grabbing myself an xbox 360, probably for disc-based online play in games like Mortal Kombat, and for xbox live, as rock band game instruments are hard to come by these days.
However, I have a few questions.
If I sign into xbox live via the pc, will that automatically recognise my console?
How can I download items from the marketplace?
Is there a way to check download progress?
Finally, how can I invite friends?

2012-11-21 21:57:31

aaron, i've been thinking the same thing, but the thing which holds me back is the fact that i still love my ps3 despite not being able to use online and also i think the new xbox is coming out soon.

2012-11-21 23:09:43

oh, and you have to pay for xbox live, your probly better to get a ps3 where you don't need to pay for online

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2012-11-21 23:55:22

that's the thing, I've already got a ps3.
And I've found some interesting information. It depends what you want to use xbox live for.
IF you just wana download stuff, you can just create a free account and addpoints. But if ya wana play with friends then you'll have to pay, but it's not too much for a yearly membership. It's around $50 (around £30), and then you'll have to add points. It's a one time payment for that hole year.
There is also a month's gold trial for those who own a new console.
The fact that you don't have to sync it up either also helps. I'm just wondering how to download stuff via the pc, as it is possible, but when you click add to xbox it comes up with this weird dialog thing where the conferm button is on a page that i'm not too sure how to focus, yet other people can see it and click it. Should I use object navigation?

2012-11-22 00:56:57

i sold my xbox 360 some months ago. and bought a ps3.
the good thing about the xbox, is in fact, that you can download things from the pc.
i don't remember anything about a confirmation page.

the two consoles are great, but i prefer ps3 over xbox, because of the exclusives.
mortal kombat, has one more character. yeah, kratos is definitely not! the best char, but he is there.
street fighter x tekken has some more chars too, and i like to play saint seiya, that is an exclusive.
then, metal gear solid 4 is for ps3. unplayable for us, but it has a great story.

apart for the exclusives that each consoles had, both are powerful machines.

i prefer to get some sighted asistance for 5 minutes to download things from ps store. but of course, that is only an opinion.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2012-11-22 14:18:01

A membership for one year in australia is like 100$s so... thats why i prefer the ps3, but i do have a xbox 360 as well, but I'm that online kind of person whereas my brothers are those guys who like doing online with people they no as aposed to doing online with people they have never met. So yeah... thats why i like ps3 better, oh and its more powerful! 7 processors!

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2012-11-22 18:37:16

seems that most VI folks have a ps3. I can't really blame them either. It's good that you can buy stuff on the pc and all that, but microsoft keep screwing about with the interface of the dashboard. It was the simple blades interface first which was fine, Then the NXE came along which was also fine as everything kinda stayed where it was ment to. They the mucked with the interface again, turning the lovely big high contrast writing in to horrible bright white menues  that would give you a headache if you looked at them for two long. Then their latest update turned the dashboard into something not too far removed to what you would find on your ps3 chrossed with windows 8. You think it's not too bad at first, then you find that their are things spread across the multiple tabs that basically do the samething. TBH you would be best sticking with the ps3, it's just as powerfull as the xbox their is really nothing between the two consoles as far as power goes. You can blame sony for the strange way in which they designed their system for that. As for new xboxes and ps4s, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole if they plan to implement  half the things they are ment to be implementing. Not playing second hand games, always having to be connected even to play offline etc etc. The only consoles I will be getting are ones that are open and not locked down to suit greedy corperations who want to have their cake and eat it... over and over again.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2012-11-22 19:27:03

Hi,
I have a ps3, and I don't intend on getting rid of it. The xbox will be used as a bridge, to allow me to play with Brandon Cole and all those guys in the US, which the ps3 won't allow. Yes, sony restricted their regions in certain games.

2012-11-22 21:25:08

Aaron... what games have they restricted, other than Mortall Kombat? Because I think you need to check your facts... Sony has always prided itself on keeping the ps3 region-free.

Discord: clemchowder633

2012-11-23 16:22:12

Hi,
Yes, the disc drive is region free, but not the psn. Invincible tiger took 6 months to get to the european store, which is what the uk is part of, it seems.
I'm not sure if xbox or ps3 is easier to play matches on thogh, as I haven't played many online matches.

2012-11-23 16:24:59

Actually... the psn is region-free. All you need is an American account. I have a Japanese psn account.. it isn't complicated to set up. And again, actual online is almost never region-locked. Again, MK is the only game I know of that has a lock on it, and that was a decision by NRS, not sony.

Discord: clemchowder633