2012-05-17 17:31:17

Shay welcome to the forum.  Since you probably played mainstream games until you were 21, could you tell us what your favorite games were?  This might help us direct you to audio games that will interest you.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2012-06-13 00:34:46

Hi everyone,

My name is Cleveland, I'm a composer and sound designer at Bledsoe Audio and I joined this forum because I've been researching on how to create an audio only game. My idea was to create a game that is enjoyable by everyone, even the hardcore gamers, and I've been researching and putting together ideas to see if my grand vision can be pulled off. I'll probably be posting in the forum in the near future to have a discussion about my idea, but I wanted to introduce myself first. I'll eventually be looking for a team of people to help me once this idea takes off, so I'm hoping to meet some people here that can push me in the right direction to help develop a truly unique auditory experience!

Thumbs up

2012-06-13 05:24:42

Hello and welcome. This is certainly the place to find out about audio games and people who play them, indeed you might want to try some examples from the database (sinse even the commercial games have demos to play).

I'll be interested to see what your ideas are. Hope you have fun on the forum.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-06-13 09:17:53

Hi,

Not just people who play, but also people who develop. smile

Hi, welcome to audiogames.net~ Hope you enjoy your stay here. smile

There are a few devs scattered around here (me included), so even there you won't be disappointed.
I'm always glad to help, and I'm also interested in seeing what happens! smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-06-15 09:23:26

Hello Jake, and welcome.

Hope you have a lot of fun in the madhouse, ---- er, I mean the forum!

Any questions, feel free to ask, or check the site and forum faq.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-07-09 17:02:50

Hi.
I'm Francois Marais and I'm living in South Africa.  I'm totally blind.
I was born on 24 September 1994.
The languages that I can speak is English and Afrikaans.

I've been on the forum for quite some time, but I've only introdused myself now.
I like to play audio games and to talk with people.

Francois

Thumbs up

2012-07-18 23:15:51

Haha the South African take over!
glad to see more of them on here; at 1 stage I think I was the only one. smile

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-07-25 15:48:11

Hello,
my name is Jakub. I am from the Czech republic. I have played a lot of audio games. For example Showdown, Topspeed from 1 to 3, etc.

Thumbs up

2012-07-25 15:59:23

Hi Jakub,

Welcome to the Audiogames.net forum! Hope you have a great time here! I know I do! big_smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2012-07-25 17:48:07

Thank you.

Thumbs up

2012-07-26 09:03:25

Hi and welcome Jacob!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-07-26 19:18:15

Hi, I'm Holly and although I just registered here I've been aware of the site for a long time and find your database of games really useful. I prefer audio games to ones played online though I have tried a few of them and enjoyed them. I'm pretty good at getting myself killed when I'm playing so maybe talking to other gamers will help!

2012-09-02 23:58:10

Hey everyone!

My name is Chris and I'm a developer at an after hours indie game studio Ominous Development. A few years ago we released a game called Strange Attractors which was designed to be played using only a single input. We took it on as a personal challenge but we had no idea how big a hit it would be among gamers with physically restricted movement. Some of the letters and feedback we got was incredibly humbling and inspirational.

Personally, I've always been a huge fan of radio dramas from the 30's and 40's (if you havent heard Night Beat, or the classic Gunsmoke, I'd HIGHLY recommend them) and the vivid visual imagery created in the mind.

We love the idea of making games for everyone and our next we'll be tackling a first person based adventure game that can be played with sound alone. Diving into the world of blind gaming has been super interesting and I'm excited to learn more about what you all would like to see in a game.

Cheers!

chris @ ominousdev

Thumbs up

2012-09-03 06:25:10

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum.

Your certainly in the right place, and first person games work extremely well in audio, indeed over the last year we've seen out first ever audio first person multiplayer fps zombie shooter in the game swamp.

While there are certainly fairly easy ways to represent informtion in fp games, probably the best thing to do is to simply start playing an fp audio game yourself, ---- indeed if your a fan of audio drama and atmosphere you might well appreciate this, as for me (who has limited vision and played games on consoles like the nes), it was the atmosphere in audio games that persuaded me they were worth while.

I'd therefore suggest perhaps you check out soem games in the database for ideas, particularly shades of doom, swamp, Gma tank commander, sarah, and terraformers. Shades of doom indeed is something of a land mark title in audio, and though it is a commercial game, there is a free demo available, ditto with sarah.

Terraformers was originally commercial but now is free, and is an example of a lovely sounding fp adventure puzzle game with less of an action feeling than the others.

what amazes me about audio, is that certain genres and styles of games actually work better! in audio than visually. For instance, packman in audio is a first person style game (though you can only make ninety degree turns), and thus requires far more memorization of the maze, your position, and a different approach to handling ghosts, indeed running into a ghost is much more startling.

Pinball is another thing that differs a lot in audio, particularly when it comes to extra minnigames and random sounds, and fully exploring the table.

thus, while audio games are at the moment really developed and played primarily by visually impared people, this is something of a shame, and it's great to see someone taking a more general interest in the field.

2012-09-12 08:43:14

Hi.  I'm David, and I'm 17 years old.  I was born blind, with retna opothy of prematurity.  I love audiogames.net and just audio games in general, especially Bokurano Daiboukenn, even though it's not in the DB.

Thumbs up

2012-09-18 05:49:24

Hi guys!
I'm Songkran!
But mostly I will use my nick name as a Bee!
Because Bee it was my real nick name though and also easy to remember as well.
I'm come from the land of smile  wich is known as Thailand.
I think only me that from Thailand that quite post so many comment at the audio game forum.
I've got experienced to play with so many audio game things.
But the game that make me register myself with the audio game forum it was swamp.
Because swamp it was useing a new style of how to play that I've never experience before.
By the way I'm so happy to be part of the audio game member forum.
I learn so many thing from you guys a lot.
For myself, I'm totally blind.
I can speak english japanese and Thai.
Again it was very nice to know you all

Best!
Bee!

No! Please don't get me wrong!
The wrong could be right! The right could be wrong.

Thumbs up

2012-09-23 15:17:53

Hello everyone. I'm Evangelosz Nagy, and i was blind by the time i was born. I' from hungary. Have a good day!

Thumbs up

2012-09-23 16:27:49

Welcome to the forum Evangelosz, we're glad to have you with us.  big_smile

- Aprone
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2012-09-23 17:07:15

Hello Zseli and welcome. Your certainly not the first person here from Hungary, I hope you have fun.

2012-10-27 01:34:18 (edited by Lenard 2016-06-02 22:46:37)

Hello, everyone. My name isn't really Lenard, but i go by either that or LenardBR on the net.

I live in the United states. I have some vision issues, but i am near sighted so i can read and see computer screens fairly well. I haven't played many audio games but i greatly enjoy the ones I have played so far.
I would play more, but i normally play them with my blind friends, and they all own windows, and I have a Mac. If anyone knows any good games that are for both mac and windows, please send me a message.

Thumbs up

2012-10-27 02:03:54

Hi all.

I figured I might as well post on here. I am a college student, currently 20, been blind since I was nearly 16. Everyone from alter knows me as Panda, Corin on swamp, etc. etc. I miss all of my xbox games, ps2 games, computer games, list goes on...glad to have audiogames to help fill that void smile

Thumbs up

2013-03-17 16:12:03

Hi everyone,

I'm Esker, one of the administrators/builders from a MUD called Materia Magica. I noticed there's been a fair amount of discussion about the game here and also a few names I recognize, so I joined up to figure out what people did and didn't like about it so we can improve the experience for sightimpaired players. I'll probably be lurking around, learning.

I'm Esker, one of the administrators from a MUD called Materia Magica!

2013-03-17 17:47:23

Welcome to the forum Esker.  We've got a great bunch of people here, so I'm sure you'll be pulled into some great discussions in no time.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2013-03-28 15:31:18

hello i'm slipknotenraged. my real name though is Jamie. i like a whole host of games such as terraformers or the muds.
not big on the fantasy muds though

Thumbs up

2013-04-12 23:32:11

hello audio gamers i no that i had to Introduce Myself sooner but sorry for that my name is amro i am from egypt and i am  totally blind from the  bearth and i like audio games very much

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

Thumbs up