or basically talk about the game. And also, you can express your feelings

about that type of game. And you can express whether you'd like a game like

that for the blind, if you've played it..and if you haven't, you can ask

any questions you like. Hpe you guys use this topic a lot seeing as how it

was so popular on the old forum.

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-04-04 22:42:01

hi.
I just found this topic today, by browsing through the forum.
I'm a huge fan of Mortal Kombat. And it had been cool to have a game like that for the blind.

And what do you meant with tips and tricks?

V

2007-04-04 23:23:27

hmmmm im thinkin about getting mk for my ds to see how it is. how is it??

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-04-05 04:49:37

I want...want...a, streets, of, rage, game,  made, for, the blind!

That would bring back _so_ many memories. Sega genisus, ...

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2007-04-05 11:50:18 (edited by archer 2007-04-05 11:55:08)

ah, a gamer after my own heart, many a time i used to sit down with my sega mega-drive and me and axel, adam and blaze would go through the streets of rage,
i can still remember what the enemies look like and the backgrounds. it was greeeeeeeat!
and the different weapons, lead pipes, baseball bats and bottles it was so, so cooool.
have you tried danger city timberwolf, that is a close aproximation on s.o.r.
it was moddled on the old game but unfortunately never finished.
i think there's a url for it somewhere on this forum but i'm unsure now.

anyway, i like mortal combat trilogy, i got it for my tenth birthday 10 years ago, and let me tell you having ten years playing on a game you really get to know it well.
i can now navigate the char menu independantly having memorised where every char is on the screen, i also know severeal cheats for each char and the game.
i have also grown quite knowledgeable about tekken2, the best in my oppinion of the tekken series of games.
i can do moves for every character and i can quite confidentely beat most of the sighted relatives i have who care to challenge me. i like the game that much that i have actually recorded some of the sounds it has to offer using a headphones microphone and wavepad.
i have also two other sighted fighter games, i now own toshiden 2, a game spoken entirely in japeneise, however i still play on it from time to time, i have also bought soul blade, although i haven't mastered it quite yet, i still enjoy playing it.

i would love a mk esq game for the blind, it would be so cool.
if only i knew how to program, i've in my hours of spare time wrote out a storyline and char list for a street fighter / mortal combat game called strength and stamena.
maybe if i ever think to start programing i may decide to create it.
who knows?

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2007-04-05 16:01:51

isnt mk rated m lol? stupid question.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-04-05 16:45:53

not too sure about the rating for mortal kombat. but i am sure about my feelings for the game.
I, for one, own mortal kombat 3, mortal kombat trilogy, mortal kombat deadly allience, mortal kombat deception, and, hopefully by either next week or somewhen soon, mk armageddon, which i simply call "the armageddon".
The armageddon sounds great, creating fatalities... ultimate fatalities.... at that.
i don't know if yohandy, a person who made a 35 chain fatality, goes on this forum, but i have something to say:
same oves over and over again. but apart from that, good. but that part was not impressive, sorry!
but, when i get it, i'll try to put veriety in my fatalities, using sword actions, and as different moves as i can.
also, over 60 characters..... man!
and i tell ya what i'd really like...
those fatality notes/tones that are played, with on other sounds, theni can make paradi fatalities, like a sheep fatality or something. rofl rofl.
anyhow, really looking forward to mk a.
thanks.
regards,
aaron

2007-04-05 19:53:32

Okay, not going to flame anyone here, just make a point.
Archer, you need to get up to date with current gen stuff. PSX might have a lot of classic games, but now things are on ps2! PS3 is crap, and I know from firsthand experience. It tends to freeze a lot, and it has no shock resistance, not to mention it's heavy, and way less portable than the ps2. As for fighting games I own which can be played by blind people without assistance...
MK 1 through 4, on the pc
Mk Deadly Alliance, deception, Shaolin Monks, and Armageddon, all for ps2.
Soul Calibur 2 and 3, for ps2
The Bouncer, for ps2
Rise to Honor, for ps2
Guilty Gear Issuka, ps2
Capcom vs. SNk 2, ps2
X-men Academy two, again for ps2
Street Fighter Third Strike, ps2
Capcom Evolution, ps2
Tekken four and five, ps2
Tekken 1 through 3 AC version, for ps2 as part of tekken five
That, folks, is the entire list of playable ps2 games I own. I intend to expand this collection. As for the rating of MK, yes, it is rated M. Do you know what game I would like to see for the blind... a Golden Eye 007 style game. Same concept. Blow as many heads off with as many weapons as possible. Brings back so many memmories from the days of the N64...
A SOR game for the blind would be great, so long as it was in 3D, like Rise to Honor. Anyone who wants to know what Rise to Honor is, you can find out via gamespot or ign. It's not the greatest game i terms of graphics, but it has a great storyline and a good fighting engine. And in terms of accessibility, like the bouncer, very few parts require sighted assistance. If you know where you're going, anyway.

2007-04-05 23:21:30

Well, the nintendo 64 is stil a great system in my mind, and always will be, in fact,I'm selling my ps2. Why? Because there aren't as many good memories; and, also, I'm looking to expand my collection for nintendo 64 and gamecube.
Yes, the "times" may be ps2, but I'm a retrogamer. I love old systems, and, I spose I always will; however, ps2 games are great, for one I own tekken 4 and 5.
Are there any gamecube/n64/sega genisus accessible games?

thanks

2007-04-06 01:48:03

Hmm. Let me see if I can help you. You could look for Streets of Rage for Sega, and there's MK deception for the gamecube. MK trilogy and four are for n64, as far as I know. Some of the killer instinct games might be good too.

2007-04-06 03:30:23

If it is t or m then no thanks. Just thought I would post my thought on the rating. But if you could expalin it, I will search the rating on google if I can.

2007-04-06 04:42:46

Mortal kombat is a fihting game where you fight in hand to hand combat, do combos and such. Yes, it is quite accesible.

2007-04-06 08:22:08

Ah well, a beat -em up topic, and retro gaming discussion at.

As to Mk, I have Mk1 mk2 and mk3 for the Snes, and as soon as I can find an appropriate attachment for my X arcade stick will look at getting Pc versions. I also have Deadly alliance on my gamecube, but haven't bought deception yet, mostly because I wasn't sure about the accessibility of the 3D adventure mode.

In general though, while i enjoy Mk, I have to say that I much prefer the plot, atmosphere and general feeling of the soul blade/calibur series. I have soul calibur 2 on my Gamecube, have a copy of soul blade, and am vaguely tempted to buy a Ps2 simply to get Sc3.

Another favourite series of mine is indeed the streetfighter series, which I've now (along with Mk), been playing for around 19 years, ever sinse it first appeared in arcades. Sf2 turbo was my very first Snes game (and I stil own it! and play it occasionally).

Oh

As regards audio beat em ups, I deffinately think something in this line would be good. I'm not sure yet of all the details regarding building block uses etc, but I am having some thoughts as regards an audio version of Golden axe with the Agm, though I'm not exactly certain yet how to do 2D games with it.

there's a link to the Danger city game on the pcs games site game list however, sinse the game comes with no instructions I found things a litle confusing. Pounding the various thugs was fine, but only a few steps in I came to some sort of bomb which I just couldn't get over whatever I pressed. Also, the up and down arrows didn't seem to do much in the game.

anyhow, hopefully if there is a way to produce 2D games with the Agm, an audio beat em up might be possible,----- maybe even one made by muggins here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-06 18:16:29

Wow! Golden axe was one of my favorites! I loved the background music; if you make an audio games with it, if you can, keep the orriginal music (I can get you .mp3 copiest of it), sort of, anyway)

2007-04-06 18:37:44 (edited by dark empathy 2007-04-06 18:45:48)

Golden axe has always been one of my favourites, ----- especially the amigar version which imho had deffinately the best music and ambience, even compared to the arcade (which I've recently obtained via mame).

I most certainly think the 2D beat em up genre in general would translate extremely well into audio, and I've always liked the fantasy theme in Golden axe, ----- pounding goblins and skeletons I find even more satisfying than introducing thugs to the pavement in Final fight and streets of rage and the like.

At the moment though, looking at the Agm manual, there are stil a number of things which I'm not clear on how to do using the Agm, particularly as I said, when related to 2D as opposed to 3D games. All will hopefully be revealed when the agm is released though.

Of course,if I actually knew how to program I might create the game from scratch, but sinse my Phd is currently most deffinately in the way, it'll be a very long time indeed before I can even think about that type of thing.

I'm not sure about coppyright issues with the music, ----- and i did rather fancy composing my own, though using the original stuff would certainly be good if possible, sinse it is great.

Sinse I collect game music, i'd be quite interested in the mp3's you mention anyway Timberwolf. I have the music to Golden axe 1 and 2 in Mega drive Jim format and the appropriate winamp plugin (2 has great music though it's imho the worse game), however, if you've got the arcade music (or better stil, the amigar version music), I'd deffinately be interested.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-06 21:20:56

Aye, now Street Fighters and Soul Calibur series I can appreciate. I have both games for the Soul Calibur series on the ps2, and probably am getting soul blade via mame. Either way, tis a great series. I just wish the swords had more authentic sounds when they come in contact with the characters. I like the current ones, but some more realistic sounds wouldn't hurt. Being 14, I never got a chance to play on older systems. By the time I was born, 1992, thhose systems'd died out and it was the SNES period. grins. I would like a beat em up for the blind, but three D would be cool. Big levels, good music, weapons, even some shooter elements would be awesome.

2007-04-06 22:41:38

Personally assault freak, I'd highly recommend you get Soul blade for the Ps1 and play it on your Ps2. While i'm sure you can mame soul edge (only the console release was called soul Blade), the console game had loads of really nice features.

firstly, several extra chars, and unlockables, such as Han Sung myong, Sunmina's dad and Whang's master, evil sigfreed, and the chance to play as the boss, a Cervantes posessed by Sould edge.

the game also had video endings with propper acting, and each char would have two endings, one reached by putting in an unlock code at the right time.

Then, the major thing in the game was the storry mode. unlike in soul Calibur 2, the game had a unique story mdoe for each char, telling his or her own story, and collecting his/her s weapons on the way. Imho this tied things together a lot better than the random fantasy esque story set in a weerd world that you get in Sc2. Also, i did rather like the fact that a lot of 16th century genuine history gets into the story, such as the Japanese rades on the northern Chinese coast, and the problems of river bandits on the Yangsee river.

I was actually slightly disappointed with the story mode in Sc2 in this respect.

Everything's of course available on good old Gamefaqs, ----- though to save you the bother of looking up Soul blade I could always E-mail you my transcript of the story mode aka Edge master mode if you like.

As to old consoles, well while the MEga drive stopped being a viable console in about 1994, the Snes was actually having new games produced for it right up until 1996, a year after the Playstation's release. There's even a scene in Donkey Kong country 3 where a character is playing a nintendo 64.

Personally, I always go for what game's are available on a machine, and the snes and Mega drive had some absolutely fantastic ones, ----- some of which i've not yet tracked down myself.

As to street fighter, that's another reason i'm considdering bying a Ps2, ----- the Street fighter aniversery collection! That game series is cool, ----- and also has a great plot (see the appropriate plot faq on gamefaqs for details).

2007-04-06 23:39:30

I heard that was good. Street Fighter Thurd strike is no means better. I played both, and I definitely prefer the aniversery edition.
My family never really had a lot of old systems, it was just the snes and the n64. I liked both those consoles, and I liked the ps1 as well. The reason I like the bouncer is that the plot is very flexible. The bouncer is unique in one aspect. You can choose one out of three characters before each battle. And the seens after words come from that char's point of view. One example is, there's a phone conversation between one of the characters and a special agent woman. If you choose the right character, you can hear the full conversation, whereas the other character only hears the end of the conversation spoken by the character, rather than the special agent. Look up the Bouncer on gamefaqs or gamespot, you should find interesting stuff. I like that game, and it's a good buy for the ps2. Not the newest game out, but it's a good one. Get this. It's a beat em up, made by the same folks who made final fantacy. Therefore, some of the bosses and characters have appearahces similar to some chars in ff. grins.

2007-04-07 01:53:15

Hi-

Are these accessible for the totally blind? Also, is there a beat EM up for the gamecube- I'm selling my ps2. I was never really sure what motivated me to get one in the first place; however, I can remember playing mortal kombat for the nintendo 64 with a buddy of mine, and, I bought a gamecube recetly. I'd like to get back the 290 dollars I spent on the (used) playstation 2 and do something useful with it, such as buy some accessible gamecube/n64 games.
Is there a sk for gamecube?
Also, is there a geme similar to tekken for gamecube? What are all the accessible games for the gamecube, anyway?
And, I got my golden axe music from:

http://www.segaxtreme.net

You see, I used to be really,really interested in the sega cd, sega saturn, sega 32x and the like. Stil am, actually. Has anyone played accessible games for these consols? I'm looking to buying one; its just the feeling I get when I'm playing the game- wow, this is like 20 yrs old now!
I played streetfighter for the genisus; while I was never really a fan of it, it held a spot in my mind. Is sf available for gamecube? Is killer instinct available for t, too?

thanks

2007-04-07 04:10:09

Thanks for the link Timberwolf, I'll check it out, though if it's sega based it might just be mp3 versions of the mega drive (aka Genesis), stuff I've already got.

As regards streetfighter, the mega drive version was never the best conversion of the game unfortunately, it had highly dodgy sound and could be an absolute nightmare with a 3 button pad. The snes had the best conversion at that time imho.

Assault freak, that "Bouncer" game you mention sounds great! (it's one I've not heard of before), I just hope it had a Pal release, sinse unlike on the gamecube playing Us Region Ps games overhere isn't easy. When I manage to finally move out of uni and get a flat, I'll deffinately investigate buying a Ps2, ----- though at the second, either at home or here I just don't have the room or plug space for more consoles.

I'm probably slightly biased, sinse I was playing (or at least watching), the original arcade version of Sf2 back in 1991 when it was released, but I've never really liked Streetfighter 3 all that much, ----- particularly whatCapcom decided to do to some of ryu's moves.

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine who owns a Wii reports that the Snes versions of some of the old Sf games have been released on emulation. While the hole mouse driven menue structure is a major pest at the moment on the Wii, if nintendo actually get around to updating the Os to make channel switching easier, Wii emulation of old beat em ups (and other games as well), would certainly be a good thing, ------ sinse I generally missed out on the hole N64 thing, but very much liked Killer instinct in the Arcades and the Snes version, I'm hoping Wii emulation can help here.

2007-04-07 07:50:39

I believe there was a pal release of it, yes. But all in all, it's an awesome game. The coolest thing is, all three bouncers participate in every battle. In story mode, you choose one to control, and the other two are controled by the computer, and all three of you take on the thugs. The coolest thing about having a three-man team , is that each character has their own trinaty rush. This is an in-game seen where all three bouncers work together to thump out some particularly nasty attack to an opponent. An example of this is Sion's rush. In it, Cou punches an enemy straight to volt, who holds the enemy by the neck. In comes Sion, and with a cry of "here goes!", kicks the enemy's head like a soccer ball. It's great, because while the damage is trivial, the sounds are very good. Here are two samples I recorded of the game.

www.brandoncole.net

Go to gaming, then the samples section, then enjoy both bouncer samples, done by me. The second consists mainly of cutseens, but it's still good, it shows you what the sounds used in cutseens are made of, and that's good sound, believe me. Check them out, let me know what you think of them.

2007-04-07 16:16:20 (edited by Shin_Goenitz 2007-04-07 16:18:28)

Hi.
Dark, I really recommend that you buy the PS2. Soul Calibur III is great.
I wil check that "The bouncer thingy out.

Here's what I own of fighting games, just for the heck of it.
Tekken 1, 2, and 3 as part of the Arcade history in Tekken 5 PS2. Had Tekken 3 before, but I have lost it.
Tekken 4 PS2)
Tekken 5 PS2)
Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore (PS2)
Soul Calibur II (PS2)
Soul Calibur III (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2)
Mortal Kombat 2 (As part of Midway Arcade treasures 2 for the PS2)
Mortal Kombat 3 (Also as part of the Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for the PS2.
Pit Fighter (Again, as part of the Midway Arcade Treasures for the PS2)
Primal Rage (Finally, for the Midway Arcade Treasures for the PS2.
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (PS2)
Mortal Kombat: Deception (PS2)
Star Gladiator (PS1)
SVC Chaos: SNK VS. Capcom (PS2) Lost it. damnit!
Fighting Fury (PS2)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (PS2)
WWE Smack Down! Here comes the pain (PS2)
WWE Smack Down! VS. Raw 2006 (PS2)
WWE Smack Down! VS. Raw 2007 (PS2)
King of Fighters 2003 (PS2)

Well, I think that's all. hehe.

V

2007-04-07 18:19:48

Ah. Almost as big as mine. King of Fighters wasn't a particular favorite. Like all die-hard MK fans, MK 3 wasn't too good. But MK2 was one of the best ones ever, and still is. For anyone who likes games like that, it's a good one to check out, referring to the Bouncer. Rise to Honor is a good one too, especially if you have sighted family who wouldn't mind helping with the parts that do require some sighted assistance, such as shooting and survival chapters.

2007-04-07 19:19:24

I like the storyline of King of Fighters. Hense my nickname here.
But agree with the gameplay, it can be boring if you play it for to long at a time.

V

2007-04-07 20:19:23

Hi-

Does _anyone_ own a gamecube? Are there even any mk games for it?