2012-02-11 23:37:49

Hello, I am going to cross post this to a mail list that I belong to to see if I can get some help there as well.

Here is the current issue. I downloaded Swamp, and began to play. I run Vinux (modified Ubuntu) as a host operating system, with Windows XP in a virtual machine. When in regular mode, non unity, I keep getting spit back out into the host system when trying to play Swamp. When in Unity mode, where Swamp and other windows would react as a Ubuntu standard window, I keep focus in the game, but can't choose weapons using the number row, and instead get an error stating "conversation is not assigned" from JAWS.

Does anyone know either how to lock mouse control in the virtual machine, so I don't have to use unity, and will not get kicked out of the game into the host OS constantly, or how to  get past JAWS yelling  "conversation not assigned" at me when hitting the number keys while in unity?

Thanks for any possible help.

Ravager

Visit my site at VI Tek Talk.
A discussion forum for cross platform, cross device adaptive tech as well as adaptive tech insociety and different cultures.

2012-02-12 18:17:43

Not sure how much of a difference this makes but are you using VMPlayer for Linux or VirtualBox?

the reason I'm asking is it might make a difference in how the VM handles mouse control and where one might kick you out of the virtual machine or lose track of the mouse pointer the other may not. Just wondering if you have tried a couple of different VM solutions to compare them.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-02-12 19:53:11

Hello.

I'm using VmWare Player. I heard that Virtualbox is useless for those with absolutely no sight, so didn't even bother trying it. If it's not, and i was misinformed, *and* it can fix this, I will gladly give it a shot.

Besides that, I guess there are the paid solutions, but honestly, I don't want to buy a VM for this thing now, as I'm probably going to have to purchase one shortly for my Mac as well.

Someone gave me a couple of solutions on another list, one of which failed, so on to try the next as well though. Thanks for the help.

Ravager

Visit my site at VI Tek Talk.
A discussion forum for cross platform, cross device adaptive tech as well as adaptive tech insociety and different cultures.