2012-02-09 04:32:03

I am having to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for my Assembly Language class. I seem to have some diffecultys View the memory part of the program. I need to see that the program has the right things in memory at serton ooints. I also need to take screen shots of those points. In short, I'm having to use the bug tracker to some degree. I don't know if the problem is me or the computer. I know the computer is old, but eeven so...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2012-02-16 21:58:08

what language do you use?
visual basic or visual C# or visual F#
if your anser is visual F#, i should say this bad message
visual F# has very bugs
please use visual C# to programming

2012-02-16 22:15:42

It seems odd that an Assembly language class would have you using Visual studio and not an actual assembly language.  Oh well, I'm sure they have their reasons, it just strikes me as a little odd.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2012-02-17 13:32:55

I think part of the reason they have me using Visual Studio is to take screen shots of what's in memory and the different regs at surton points of program exacution. They also have a frame work thing that they having me build the program off of. There are most likely other reasons too. part of it may be the visual things like the salution explorer thing along with linking things into the program. I better stop typing before I start looking crazy.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2012-02-17 17:25:23

Actually that does make sense, especially if this is early on in the class.  Perhaps they're starting you out with theory and later you'll be using an actual assembly language to write stuff in.  Regardless of how they are planning to do things, I wish you luck in your class.  smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2012-02-18 00:47:33

LOL. I think I'm required to use it because of the debugging  aspeks and to convert the code rest of the way to machine code. I still have the problem of not knowing how to get screen shots of what the code is putting in to memory and into the regs like eax ebx and ecx. I guess the problem is not knowing the keystrokes and the like.

DropBox Referral