2012-01-22 17:45:42

Well, I was looking on youtube and found a vidio. It's called Jaws VS NVDA Hairy Potter style. Anyone that hasn't seen it, check it out.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-22 20:56:13

hi,
could you please post the link?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2012-01-22 23:26:38

Hi,
You can type jaws vs NVDA in youtube.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2012-01-23 02:49:08

but it would be much easier posting the link.

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2012-01-23 05:48:25

hello
no, it wouldn't be much eazyer if one posted the link. it would be the lazyness of some people,:d. seriously,how hard is it to go to youtube.com,and type jaws vs NVDA?
but anyways,here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjQ-AT2FQK4

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2012-01-23 06:51:09

Lol! I love it. This was funny. big_smile

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2012-01-25 04:43:13

So, what do you guys think of the video?

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-01-25 13:06:02

Hi.
If I'm not mistaken, something was said that caused elequence to crash, hence NVDA's "victory".
But on the elequence crashing with some words subject, I've never actually had it happened to me, and I use NVDA with it.
How, or why does this happen?
And, BTW, I think it was well done, and funny to listen to. big_smile

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2012-01-25 14:57:26

Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny as well. The bug that Causes Eloquence to crash is well documented, and I don't think anyone knows why some words and random letters crash the TTS engine. However, it seems to be present in all versions of Eloquence as I've tested the Linux version with the same result.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-26 05:25:40

Another extremely funny movie about blind people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPNUlGLB2Y
Be aware that this contains a bit of strong language, and if you are easily offended, you may not want to watch it. I think it's funny, especially the end.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2012-01-26 13:21:48

Since I'm not using Eloquence, I'm very interested to hear more about some of the words, that kills the old man... smile
You can just type them with spaces between the letters, I don't think anything will happen then.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2012-01-27 13:46:19

Hmm... What word is that? A spell?

My danish screenreader doesn't like moo vee (without the space)... Lol

2012-01-27 14:16:15

hi
now that battle reminds me of the sarah game, afterall, i have tried the demo almost a million times, but never got hold of how to play the dam thing. sad

and the word that caused elloquence to crash during the fight is
wadhesday

thanks,
sid.

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-01-27 15:16:59

its webhesday.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2012-01-27 15:33:57

Hi,

Hmmmm....Must not be either one, because Eloquence didn't crash when I read your posts. big_smile

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive

2012-01-27 19:26:44

Mine did when I read wadhesday, haven't tried webhesday.

2012-01-30 02:24:35

Omg...this topic alone has crashed Jaws for me 5 times already....lol!  Stop posting the words in their unaltered form, I'm glad my computer didn't go boom!  smile

2012-01-30 10:46:12

agreed with that
I rebooted jaws like 4 times

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2012-02-04 13:43:07

hi,
surprisingly enough, why does this forum even allowed the elloquence crashing words at all?

wouldnt they be listed in the language filters, as dark mentioned them in a very old topic in which a person named fastfing has troubles with his words of mouth... lol

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-02-04 13:44:27

Well, I use ellequence for NVDA, and it doesn't crash on these things. But, it does crash on a lot of other things.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-02-04 13:48:12

yeah, you know.
nvda is like... crashing on everything! lol!

NVDA sucks! NVDA sucks!
power of open source!
that would drive out your computer's force,
and not to mention after using it, in your dreams you will become a horse!

i find it quite funny sometimes, writing those random poems lol.

2012-02-04 14:45:39

I like poems too,
better than my shoe,
if you like it to,
then I guess I like you,
do deer dance on the moon,
can a dog blow up a balloon,
well, using NVDA,
makes me feel like a loon!
Do you know what? That was sort of fun.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2012-02-05 08:09:47

what exactly you mean by loon?

though i will try to write another interesting poem sometime ahead though, and your poem was good, before the word nvda came though.

2012-02-05 10:28:57

wow who are those people who made the wrap?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-02-05 13:36:31

hi.
someone who is a loon is loonie. crazy, cracked, messed up in the head, hmm can't think of any more.

I'm gone for real :)