2011-12-24 05:25:56

yeah I'll come back later too

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-12-24 05:34:03

what's monkey manic?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2011-12-24 17:21:35

lol. Jack, not posting doesn't count. Maybe yo can give more games to other people, and partisipate in the discussion of other topics instead of creating your own asking for games?

I like to fly! I especially like to fly passed burning debris! wait, that's me isn't it. how unfortunate.
Hit me up on skype!
powergamer8

2011-12-24 17:56:19

Hi all,
Here is snowball war.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23310861/Snowball-War-Setup.exe
Have fun!
best regards,
Jack

2011-12-26 16:51:14

Hi powergamer.
hwat games where you going to upload. and if they are interesting games could you upload them please.
thanks

I'm gone for real :)

2011-12-26 19:39:16

hope everyone had a great holliday, i did! Yes i would also love to see thees cool games, and i have heard of monky mannidg and all the rest but never played them. Hopefully more people can contribute, as all the games that i havent contributed are all over audiogames.net anyways, and if there are people that have games that havent been seen by anyone else or for those who need or wanna try them, please contribute.
HOpe everyones hollidays went grate!
Rob.

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2011-12-27 07:35:31

It looks like one bad apple may have spoiled the whole bunch here. If I had any of these games, or any rare games for that matter, I'd contribute them, but seeing as how I don't, all I can humbly ask is that you reconsider.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2011-12-27 17:27:16

Hi all,
And seeing the fact that Damien said he was going to put the giftanum code up for grabs shortly, now it's way passed shortly since it was April 12th when he said that and it's now December 27th. I think another rotten apple spoiled the bunch. If I knew how to decompile it, I would do it for you, but seeing as how I don't, all I can ask is that Damien upload the code or someone tell me how to decompile it if they know how to. Because now we have to wait on both Powergamer's game colection and the source code for giftanum! And Powergamer and everyone, unfortunately I have no more to share, the other games were given by someone else or can be found elseware.
best regards,
Jack

2011-12-27 18:43:48

I'm sorry to say so but this is getting really (!) annoying and it's not sensible at all any more. I for one don't even remember such a comment about Giftanum. I wonder why certain people have to keep insisting on living of little simplistic freebies like that. Wake up, we want bigger, much more interesting, complex, mainstream like, innovative, unique, original, creative projects! Look at Operation Blacksquare. That still has relatively simplistic mechanics but it's at least challenging and has cool audio, therefore it's worth spending as much time as Jack and possibly others seem to waste on things like all the pointless little exercise jump games. Even Scape Skate, given its small size and simplicity, is definitely something new, unique and as a matter of fact quite addictive. And the two most complex audiogames that were released so far and have the best audio quality, at least to me personally, are Perilous Hearts and Three-D Velocity. Sure, freebies are nice and they can be pleasing for a while unless they are really exceptional in some way or another (like Kringle Crash, which has both exceptional audio as is usual for Philip and also the AI of the elves makes it quite addictive and fun to play) but why on Earth would anyone want to spend all their gaming and forum posting time on Giftanums, Jump games and countless other long forgotten little and often buggy games that resemble one another like two eggs, that's just beyond me.
Jack, if you are capable of coding anything at all and want to create something, prove it with acts. I don't believe words about mere intentions any more, not from you. Expanding things like Giftanum or the Jump Game just would not be worth the time and effort necessary. You can believe me on this, I've been using BGT ever since it started being beta tested and I have grown fairly proficient in it since then, if I may say so myself. And that's more than sufficient knowledge and expertise to develop audiogames. The fact that I haven't released anything worthy yet simply means that I'm taking my time to make everything as close to perfection as possible, that I am working on several different projects at once, some of them not being game related at all, and that I also try to avoid spending way too much time in front of the computer. Plus there's other games that need to be tried out, guitar, books, friends, family, exams... :-D If you perhaps wanted to create a game with a similar theme or setting or based on a similar conceptual idea, it would be much more productive and much faster and easier to just start coding it from scratch and even replace all the audio. So, please, for God's sake, stop this! Thank you.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-12-27 19:01:13

thankyou! You sir, have made my day! Thankyou so much for saying all that! You read my mind there. I'm so happy, i'll give some links.
q9 action game 1.2
http://dl.dropbox.com/just_kidding!
tj (4.0)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19927380/games/ … ull_40.zip
space attack!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19927380/games/ … ack_10.exe
this game is in sweetish. don't complane at me! there isn't an english version. maybe someone could translate???
that's all for now,

I like to fly! I especially like to fly passed burning debris! wait, that's me isn't it. how unfortunate.
Hit me up on skype!
powergamer8

2011-12-27 19:23:15

Hi,
I can, with Philip's help. Philip, can you give me some sound files for the game in English? In wav please, not ogg.
best regards,
Jack

2011-12-27 19:29:21

thanks lukas, I was about to say that
another game I wanted to add to that list of games you were talking about, bokurano daiboukenn 2 big_smile

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2011-12-27 20:32:37

sadly, i don't have it.

Hit me up on skype!
powergamer8

2011-12-27 20:45:43

Hi.
you don't have the japanese game?
you can go get it it is one of the newest topecs in the jenaral foroom.
it is great.
one question.
lucus. (i think) why did you not rite like this! in sted you rite like this (!) i was just wondering since i've never seen it done like that before

2011-12-27 21:50:38

um, again, il come back later um, yeah.
rofl
at shane thanks for the games! tj full 40 is this a revamped version of tarzan or is this the original one?
Rob.

I no longer use skype like I used to, so feel free to follow me on twitter at rockmasterrob for updates, to chat and all that good stuff. I follow any and everybody back who follows me.

2011-12-27 22:52:00

hi.
ahh it is a forom  thing.
even if i rote. i really enjoy audiogames! hmm now it didn't work. strange.
sorry i no that was off topic.
lol back later to see what games are up for grabs.

2011-12-27 23:19:25

i have it, but not the second version

Hit me up on skype!
powergamer8

2011-12-28 01:41:24

Hi Powergamer,
Thanks, I love the Tarzan Junior beta4. And space attack! That's basically a knockoff of troopanum or the dark destroyer, I get the basics of the game without a translation needed. Hope to see man hunt and jump soon. It would be nice to have both of them, but I'm more keen on man hunt.
best regards,
Jack

2011-12-28 01:48:09

you never give up do you

Hit me up on skype!
powergamer8

2011-12-28 03:46:15

Hi,
How can you translate things from Swedish to English? Just wondering.
best regards,
Jack

2011-12-28 03:57:26

Hi Lukas,
When you said I could redo the audio it's really not possible for me unless I want to post a bad result, which I don't. This is for several reasons.
1. I'm using an inbuilt microphone which sounds terrible and it isn't stereo.
2. If I were to use sapi it would sound attrotious.
3. If I were to redo the audio even using an external microphone, there's still a lot of noises going on around the house like the vacume, the washing machine etc, and the tv is also going on in the other room, and my only option would be to ask people to turn of the tv or turn off the washing machine which they probably won't do. If I were to get a high quality microphone that could probably catch any sound, I would get complaints of "there's too many noises going on in the house!" which I wouldn't want when I've put so much effort.
best regards,
Jack

2011-12-28 04:02:31

hi powergamer,
if you look in the toppic you wil find the game plus a patch to make the game work on xp.
if you can't find it then rite on the forom there and someone will answer your question.

2011-12-28 04:08:07

I tryed extracting tj 4 but it wouldnt go threw. Love the other games tho!
Rob.
and yes jack redooing the audio is quite hard if you don't have the rite equipment, Lol trust me bud, been there and sure done that lols.
what games are you trying to recreate and or revamp man?
I'm always here to lend a hand.
Rob.

2011-12-28 05:52:36

@Jack: All right, then you just don't have the needed conditions to develop audiogames. Might as well want to put up with it or use paid sounds and have friends or hired people record your speech. Or, all right, you could use the audio from the original games or something very similar, people seem to be stealing from other games, audio and mainstream alike, and movies with BGT anyway, so that wouldn't be too much of an issue with freebies. That still doesn't ruin my original point about your coding skills. Until you code at least a Guess the number sort of game using Sapi, just to have any kind of an original creation from you, whatever, I won't buy your story.

And if Philip recorded the speech in English for you, that would basically mean he would've translated it himself, wouldn't it? LOL
And I suppose that you have to know both the source and destination languages to translate from one into another. Then you can just, like I said, record the audio in the destination one. Not too hard, right?
And watch out for double posts, please.
@Brad: I borrowed this idea from Dark. Not sure if he writes exactly like that, with exclamations in parentheses, I'll have a look, but the point of this whole thing is to emphasize individual words just as if I were giving them the proper inflection and intonation when speaking.
@Powergamer: There is actually a difference between the two recent popular games from Yukio. The first one is an action RPG whereas the second one is a sequel to it in the form of a sidescroller, it's not just an update or anything. I haven't tried them out myself though, I'm not very keen on the idea of randomly trying to make a game do something and wander around its environment when I don't understand a thing. That doesn't seem like fun to me personally but I might change my mind if I eventually have some time and try one of the two out just for the sake of it, so that I would know what all the talk is about. :-)
@Rob: Tarzan Junior has not been worked on for years, like any other of Philip's old PB games.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2011-12-31 03:20:53

Hi,
Yep, I'll get some sort of trivia up for grabs.
best regards,
Jack