2011-11-14 16:00:50

In the never ending story (both book and film), there is an area called the swamps of sadness. If overcome by sadness, people (and horses), will sink into the swamp. I don't know if anyone's ever wondered what other swamps there might be out there. A swamp of gladness perhaps, where happy people get dunked, ---- maybe a swamp of badness! where evil doers get their just rewards.

Well here, we have a swamp of madness! a collection of so many crazy, whacky and insanious things, that we're all certain to end up lip deep in associated randomnosity before you can say discombobulated snargulators!

First up, (and the reason why i'm so much thinking of swamps currently), is Aprone's new game, Swamp.

This is a zombi slaughter fest of massive proportions, in which you and a pal get stuck in a swamp ful of nasty undead. Fortunately, you have your good old gun with you! now expanded to a complete multiplayer game with several missions and zombi types, as well as different weapons, this is certainly one for anyone who has always wanted a chance to go Bruce camble on a bunch of zombies! just be careful where you walk, sinse the zombies can here you coming!

The game also features a new mouse aiming system, much as many mainstream shooters do, so represents another step forward in audio games too.

You can Downloaderate it here and Deposite your comments here Should you have any.

Then, if your more into 2D action than first person, well we've got good news too. Philip bennefall's new game, perilous hearts a side scrolling jungle adventure is under rapid developement. Philip's put together This demo showing the first couple of levels of the game, as well as the infamous item shop.

anyone who really doesn't like monkies will love this, as simian slaughter is deffinately! a major factor of the game, ---- or at least of Philip's personality.

it's also worth noting that Philip may well be accepting preorders in order to have enough cash to make perilous hearts as good as possible, ---- so if you like the game, considder sending him your monkies, ---- er, money! (sending him monkies really wouldn't be a bad idea!).

Then,Pontes backgamman has just had a major overhall! bug squashery has taken place a syou might expect, but also some very nice new features have been added, such as the ability to create files to play the game in other languages than English and Rumanian, (send them along to the creator to be included in the game), and have background ambience during the game as well as music played, or indeed cds.

So if you fancy sitting in the park playing a quiet game of backgamman listening to your thrash metal psycho death punk cd of doom! well now you can, ---- and not even be arrested!

For a ful changelog see This topic and feel free to leave comments, and if you'd like to download the game, just use Yonder link

Finally, you might recall back in January, in the cold and the dark of winter, ---- wait a minute? it's stil! the cold and the dark of winter! Anyway, the previous bit of the cold and the dark of winter that we had in January as opposed to the cold and ark we have now.

Anyhow, what I'm getting at was This news item About the game captain dynamite and the fallen hero, a mix of cape wearing dramatic superhero meets rythm action timing exercize.

Well the captain has finally! promoted from the sergeanthood of beta status, and is ready for your testing pleasure with the first ever playable demo. Grab At this here link Play, punch the moosh of fiendish villains and have fun! just remember your timing.

The game runs fine on all windows versions, and can be played with either keyboard or a xbox 360 controller. It doesn't however like Mack's much, so rather than running under vm windows, mac users might be best of waiting for the up coming I os version.

Leave comments in Yonder forum thread and for news, a blog and other goodies, go To invisible games' website

And that is it for madness, swamps and general weerdosity for today, so we'd better do a runner before we end up sinking head deep and turn into total lunatics, ---- though of course, this might have already happened.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-14 16:14:45

F, W

It is now time to dunk Captain Dynamite into the swamps located in a forest filled with zombies near a bridge, while monkeys run up behind and... Ur, Jim swings from tree to tree, holding a card deck. There, that's the news summed up into prety much one or two sentences. While it doesn't make much sense, I hope someone got a laugh outa it.
"Oh, beware, they can hear you coming!" Means I better go. Cheers.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2011-11-14 19:09:10

Nice, now your getting the hang of how the news works big_smile.

The weerd thing is, the longer betwene updates, the crazier things get. This one took longer than normal because I've been training with my guide dog and haven't had time to compose a news post until now.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-11-14 19:57:52

Hi,

Sure. big_smile I'm slowly getting more and more into the community. Now, it's up to you to decide if this was a good idea. Lol!
But what don't you do for your motivation? smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.

2011-11-14 22:03:11

Well there are lots of things I don't do for my motivation.

Just for an example, I don't stick a cucumber up my nose, paint my bumb green and go and dance the hoola naked in the rain while wearing a sauspan on my head and singing tie me kangaroo down sport.

It might be quite motivational though, ---- why not try it and let me know if it works! big_smile.

2011-11-14 22:17:39

Hi,

Yeah... and while I do I could let a camera run to put it to youtube. Lol!
You know, that is actually quite creative. I'll instruct my human cat to do so, just for you. big_smile

--
Talon
Code is poetry.