2011-09-15 10:36:14

Welcome and greetings on this bright,cold, but stil sunny morning. As we plunge into autumn, ---- or fall as Yankies would call it (highly appropriate for plungings), we've got a fresh new harvest of games and updates streight from the metaphorical vine.

First off is the new game Greenies from well known contributor to the world of lughole insertable fun Amineel, aka quentin. Back in the 90's, people may remember the craze for a game called lemmings in which you attempted to save a bunch of tiny, suicidally bent creatures from destroying themselves. This involved getting them to build bridges across pits to stop them falling to their doom, tunnel through rocks, or give them parasols to float down gaps.

Though the identity of the mini maniacs has been changed to small critters from the rainforest instead of rodents, and the interface is audio, the principle is stil the same. Meet the greenies!

The game comes with five stages and a level editer so you can make your own stages. Thus far it's only an early version, and for instance only works with Jaws, but support for system access, sapi, nvda and window eyes is being added soon.

You can Download it here

speaking of stratogy, many people in the past have wondered about an economic stratogy game in which producing, buying and selling take the for, and the most successful will be the one able to squeeze the most prophit out of each situation.

Such a game, of the online variety has been discovered by Mike, one of our faithful forumites. the name of the game is capi regnum, and you can Find it here

Then, As usual Aprone has been working like a beaver on sterroids, and has come up with yet another bigger and nastier version of the amazing stratogy game castaways. This time we have a new mission, new sounds, various fixes, the chance to make soundpacks and! a new building. Feel free to let your grabbing desires go wild here

Finally, it's that time of year again, more specifically it's time for all fans of gamebook fiction to express their opinions. Voting has begun for the anual windhammer prize on www.arborell.com.

For those who don't know, this is a yearly competition for aspiring gamebook authors run by the chronicles site. All entries are provided as downloadable pdf files, to make certain nobody has an advantage in their html, everything is down to the text. So go and Have a look at what this year offers and feel free to send in your votes (there's even an entry by some idiot calling himself Dark as well).

So, enjoy the rich bounty of the season, ---- then when you've enjoyed too much rich bounty, go on a diet!

Well, mmm, methinks this food metaphore is running away with me a litle too much. Either way, enjoy the games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-09-16 09:01:23

Cool news thank you Dark. By the way, I saw the NVDA support in greanees.
Thanks again for news.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-09-17 09:01:54

Hello! I try a game from Quentinc called 'Greenies' and I must say, that Level editor doesn't working at the game. Please, explain me, why. Thank You.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2011-09-17 19:54:38

Hi,
I think it will work when you beat the game or it isn't currently implemented yet.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-09-26 09:01:09 (edited by masackru 2011-09-26 09:03:02)

Ok, I feel stupid. I don't find the register link for Capi regnum

Later edit: yea, two minutes later I started to click unlabed links and found it.

Perfection is never easy. But after more than 21 years...
...I got the hand of it.
Sorin Ţaţa
Produse pentru nevăzători

2011-10-21 11:20:43

A couple of instant coffee granules miss the cup as they often do first thing in the morning. With slow sleepy swipes, I mop them up while I wait for the kettle to boil. If I've managed to convey the right number of coffee granules from the coffee jar to my mug, and added precisely the right amount of sugar, milk and hot water, then it will be a good cup of coffee. But if I don't get ratio exactly right, it's yuck, which goes to show that there's an art to making a decent cup of java. Or is there? An art to making coffee, I mean.

2011-10-21 11:24:07

I'm thinking Latest is a spam bot, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2011-10-21 14:09:53

I thought so, and this topic has attracted them for some reason, though I've left a message for her/him to contact us just in case not.

Besides, a perfect cup of instant coffee? ---- isn't that a contradiction?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2011-10-21 18:06:50

Hi Dark,
I'd say that is a contradtion. I'm a purist when it comes to coffee--no added flavorings, and no instant.

Best Regards,
Hayden

2011-10-21 19:58:52

Deffinately agreed. I never really understand how people are pprepared to use a teapot to allow the leaves to stew, but not a coffee pot, and just put up with the instant muck sinse it's no more difficult or time consuming to make propper coffee than it is to do tea.

2011-12-03 13:35:58 (edited by milk 2011-12-03 13:36:30)

[quocte]The game comes with five stages and a level editer so you can make your own stages. Thus far it's only an early version, and for instance only works with Jaws, but support for system access, sapi, nvda and window eyes is being added soon.
You can Download it here [/quocte]
help me.I can't download it.
can someone answer another solution,,??

2012-01-01 08:56:18

anxious062 wrote:

I thinking Latest is a spam bot

I think so.
Happy new year!

2012-01-20 06:56:05 (edited by Alexander_john 2012-01-23 09:44:17)

Happy gaming, i now need to run off and make certain this imaginary pirate ship doesn't crrrrrasssh! glugl lugle garrr!
Casio G-Shock Review

2012-02-16 05:08:38

thank