2024-04-30 18:13:20

So I was nosing around Steam, and came across City of Ages

It looks promising, a self contained free MUD with a11y built in

It is free and made in VB6, so Linux hosting is out of the question.

Would anyone be able to host a server for us lot? THe ones that are floating around don't work, and this has a ton of promise. THe link is:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6889 … _included/

Again. It is free. It is a full featured MUD and looks really, really promising

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2024-04-30 19:47:02

I know what it is. I can't guarantee I'll be able to get it up but I'll see wheather I can discern how it's meant to run and spin it up on my home machine this afternoon. Last time I checked, the instructions for hosting it were all included in an image so I'm going to need to scan it with something. I've connected to the game back when the devs were hosting it and it was difficult to get into

A signiture? Oh where?

2024-04-30 20:38:44

Difficult to get into, how?

Also on Linux natively

2024-04-30 21:23:20

Very much non-transparent mechanics. It essentially just hurls a load of commands at you and expects you to determine how everything works. I was transformed into a werewolf by a mob I didn't know could do that, and you were essentially told to ask someone else what to do or find this item I don't remember the name of now. Stuff like that that newbies have no hope of discerning how to do

A signiture? Oh where?

2024-04-30 22:20:00

To be fair that sounds actually like it is a break from the normal super easy MUD that put you to sleep though, and IIRC the commands list is on the Steam page though.

I mean if nothing else, I'd be up for giving it a shot, the premise alone sounds kind of awesome

Also on Linux natively