2024-04-09 15:07:16

Hey everyone!
Here's another big surprise from a fantastic developer! after testing and refining the game for you to have the best experience, we're really happy to present to you lucky mayor!
available on steam, ios and android!
description:
In this roguelike mayor simulation game, you will become the leader of a city, taking on the role of a mayor. Your task is to recruit citizens, promote business prosperity, and establish a comprehensive industrial chain to meet the diverse needs of the population. Through wise planning and decision-making, transform your city into a thriving supercity that citizens take pride in, and become their admired leader!
We have an extensive deck of cards, currently with over 150 citizens available for use, each with their unique abilities and preferences.
You need to meet the citizens' preferences to earn coins and, by the final deadline, obtain enough coins to prove that you are a capable mayor.
We also have a wide range of items and different difficulty levels to enrich your gaming experience, and the development team will continue to provide updates for even more game content.
https://discord.gg/HrUGhyVvHQ
steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2659970/Lucky_Mayor/
android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … p;hl=en_US
ios:
https://apps.apple.com/br/app/lucky-mayor/id6467771804
demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4aqcy7j5 … r&dl=0
what makes the game truly special is the ammount of details that you will be able to have for each turn. it's completely possible to view every stat, so you will know what everyone is producing, buying, and can have the exact same great experience compared to a sighted player. I really recommend it!
have fun!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-04-09 15:24:33

now I wonder... where should I buy it? big_smile

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2024-04-09 15:44:43

what a strange game; I don't understand it very much! But an other good addition to my android arsenal!

Claudio

2024-04-09 15:48:28

does this have music and sfx?

discord: hellblade09

2024-04-09 15:56:36

@1 Fantastic job again.

2024-04-09 15:58:45

@3 the more you play the more you will know more about all the characters and interactions.
@4 yes, the game has good sound effects and has one music.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-04-09 16:21:33

only 1 music track?

2024-04-09 16:31:21

@drg, this sounds awesome, I can not wait to buy it as soon as I have money. I know it is slightly off topic, but do you have other news about ax roguelike? tips and suggestions? I recall you mentioning wanting to write a text article in the original topic

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2024-04-09 16:38:45

@drg
could you contact the dev to update demo steam version?
it seem current demo no accessibility support yet.
i would like to try demo before purchasing.

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2024-04-09 17:18:37

could you also request the dev to update the itch page also?

2024-04-09 18:30:19

At one we would need to give you an accessibility gold medal

2024-04-09 19:34:00

I don't entirely understand how this works yet, but it's so fun and whimsical! Does anyone know how to remove citizens, though? Tapping on them doesn't seem to work, nor tapping on the number of removes. Regardless, love the ways everybody works together. Thanks for this!

BTW, @DRG, are you on the lookout for new card games to make accessible even if they aren't roguelike?  I may have a few suggestions for you if so, and would happily send a PM or contact elsewhere! Thank you for all you do. This is the first card game that may very well get me well and truly hooked.

2024-04-09 19:41:39

great job yet again, at drg

2024-04-09 20:06:31

Started playing this. Any idea why there are two new game buttons in the main menu? Also, when I pressed new game and canceled an over right after starting an existing one, to continue buttons are now in the menu. Possible accessibility bug with the interface?

I love audio games.

2024-04-09 21:22:11

Well I went right ahead and bought this on steam and I'm loving this!

The citizens are fun, and it's nice seeing the ways they interact.

There's a few things I'm not sure of, EG how to get people in different groups, and how to activate artifacts like the hyering contract, since hitting enter seems to just start the next round, also why only some of your citizens do things each day, or at least according to the statistics, still am well into my first game (day 29 so far),

I can see this being a lot of fun, especially if there are so many cards and unlockables added.

It's odd, for how badly I've done at some of these card based roguelikes, this one seems to be more up my alley, maybe it's all that time as forum admin giving me good mayoral experience big_smile.

Lets just hope there isn't an angry troll or shitposter in the game big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2024-04-09 21:37:46

hey everyone! thanks for all of the feedback!
regarding the different groups, they differ from one game to another, so it's random. someone is assigned to a group when they're added to the list. if you feel that they're not giving any advantages of being in the current group just remove them.
the artifacts that can be enabled you just press enter ou double tap on them and if you go to the previous item and land on them again the screen reader will say use. so with the loan and recicle bin, that's how you use them.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-04-09 22:07:27

HAHA, OK, I have to admit, this doesn't sound like it's going to be my next favorite game.
Does the city have any special setting? So, SF or Fantasy?
But what is much more important to me is whether I can also buy the version on itch, or is it no longer supported? That would be a little sad.

2024-04-09 22:31:04

drg you are the best. You really need to get a medal for your work.
But if you're taking submissions, I'd ask for available Windows games in the style of Ax and Dawncaster.  wink
I'll go buy it and see what's there and how it works.

Sorry for my English, i use Google translator.

2024-04-10 00:31:16

Okay got to day 60.
I still am not sure how groups work or when it's good to remove citizens, since some days some citizens activated some not, so I don't know if there's an upper limit, indeed I didn't remove any citizens in that game, it would also be helpful to see them by groups if the point is to actually try and sort out what group they belong to at any given time.

I had some days where I was making over 100 coins, some days when it was down quite a lot, so a degree seems chance, or maybe I've just not sorted the mechanics, still this will be a fun one to play with.

One thing I'm mildly disappointed with, is that there was no unlocks or rewards when I lost, since I was expecting to get something, what with the mentions of extra difficulties and such, unless that turns up when I start another new game.

Still I think I'll enjoy this one.

To people uncertain because of the theme, the game is strategical enough and rather brutal in some ways, a bit like empire's order in fact, though with a deceptively bouncy atmosphere.

I hope the demo gets some accessibility fixes so people could give it a try.

at just over five quid I was more than willing to have a go after hearing Drg's demo, but this is the sort of thing I think that people will enjoy more when they've got into it.

Or maybe i'm just weird enough to like the idea of Snow white, Captain Jack, and radioactive kill robots all sharing a town with barbarians, fishermen, pastry chefs, programmers and ddwarves big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2024-04-10 01:37:57

hey @dark! you unlock the campaign mode as well as the difficulty levels when you manage to reach turn 100, or the appropriate ammount to end the current game and proceed.
each time a new turn starts you have a certain ammount of space available, I believe it's 25 spaces in total, but could be wrong. all your citizens and items work kinda like a slot machine. when they're close to each other, they interact. that's why it's not recommended having more than 30 citizens, otherwise you might not get good synerjies per turn.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-04-10 05:23:12

I got it on Android but it just plays music and says game view. I can't do anything.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2024-04-10 05:41:07

Hey DRG. Great job on your recent findings and working with developers to make these games accessible. Keep it up. Agreed, you should get a metal for custom title or rank under your name.

2024-04-10 05:52:57

Wanted to also try it out but I think I ran into a bug on Apple Store which is rather weird. I paid and then it says now to me that game is downloaded but it is not on my phone. Like literally I cannot find it even when I search manually. Tried to uninstall and then install again but still no luck. I might need to restart my phone since it does seem like a fun game to try. Not a fan of roguelikes because I suck at them - have had so many bad experiences but willing to give it a try still smile

If you wish to contact me privately then you are welcome to shoot me an email to [email protected]. I try to answer as fast as possible and within one day :)
Let's make the gaming world more accessible :D

2024-04-10 06:27:24

Can someone tell me how to enable accessibility in the Android version?

ワタシともきです
My discord:
magical boy 卢毅#6383
Haha, I can't speak English or Japanese, so I always use translation to speak English and Japanese. I like to make friends very much. My Skype: luyi2013312,

2024-04-10 07:07:23

dude you are a game producer machine.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.