2024-04-01 13:01:16

Hey everyone!
This game is definitely worth every cent, the developer worked more than a month to bring you this masterpiece.
there are hundreds of skills for you to learn, so many stats for you to upgrade your gear, many different dungeons for you to unlock, and the battle works like nothing i've seen before. you can chain multiple skills together with many special effects, I have only played the first battle, and can already tell the game will keep me entertained for months to come.
there are help pannels for every screen, so it will teach you everything, and is so amazing!
description:
*Supported languages English/Japanese

Ax Roguelike is a deck-building roguelike game.

Deck-building
Over 900 skills can be learned. Depending on the construction, various effects will interact in a complex manner and create synergies.

Battle
Progress is based on turn-based command selection. Players can connect up to three skills and activate them consecutively.

Base
At the base, you can prepare in advance before heading to the stage. If it is difficult to conquer, expand the functions of your base and prepare your initial equipment before trying again.

Strengthening
During the capture, various training is possible in the village. Strengthening weapons, strengthening will, modifying skills, modifying equipment, etc.
app store:
https://apps.apple.com/br/app/ax-roguelike/id6475224028
Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &gl=US

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-04-01 13:53:14

Jee man, I have not even scratched the surface of dawncaster properly and you literally sweep me off my feet with another crazy game. You definitely got my wholehearted thanks for every game you bring to the table, especially when we talk about  roguelikes! Which I love so  soo much.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2024-04-01 15:09:07

I heared, about this japanese roguelike lot of good opinions, but I am suprised, that this game is accessible.
You made my day again.

2024-04-01 16:19:39

Wait, is this game with cards like dawncaster? Does game has any storyline? and classes?

2024-04-01 16:27:22

I bought the game, and I saw something. when I go to buy something in the skill shop, only sais the price and don't say the skill what you're buying.

2024-04-01 16:35:16

Thanks again DRG! 
I haven't played this one yet, but found this review from a user on reddit which should help explain a few things I'm hoping. smile

https://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comm … at_driven/

2024-04-01 16:44:20

Hi.
Wow. thanks a lot for making yet an other game accessible. I haven't had much time to play Dawncaster. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2024-04-01 17:22:25

I'm curious how this compares with Dawncaster?

2024-04-01 17:48:31

the game does indeed seem very, very complicated at first. I admit, it put me off too. but I will actually need to give it a second chance. third, even. but I will

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2024-04-01 18:32:45

Is there a story? And, shall we have anyone like DRG but for actual RPG games? Haha

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2024-04-01 18:50:59

I don't understand this game for some reason. It's convoluted. at least it seems like it.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2024-04-01 18:54:54

But of course congratulations on the new game and for working with the dev, I will give it another go and perhaps maybe I will make sense of it.

2024-04-01 18:56:11

Yes, I agree. I’ve managed to defeat a couple of enemies, but I think it was more luck than skill. This game seems to have a pretty intense learning curve.

2024-04-01 19:21:46

Definitelly roguelikes are based on making builds and beating dungeons, story lines are added as bonus, but classic old school roguelikes like brogue doesnt have story line.

2024-04-01 19:41:42

hey everyone! thanks for the awesome messages! I've sent a link to this post to the developer, so he might be reading all feedback here.
this is definitely not a game for you to understand in 5 minutes, but if you give it some chance, it's so fantastic. the chain system with all the keywords in the skills, for example, some skills get extra bonus if they're being used in the second place, the shield gives you extra armor if you finish a chain with it, it's so clever. and it looks like there are so many areas, the game will takes hundreds of hours to beat. I've died to the first boss, but you can unlock new places and try again. if there's something you're having a hard time to understand, just check all the help again, even sighted players are finding the game hard to pick up, but just go slow and it doesn't matter if you die, you will learn and come back stronger.
I've sent the feedback about the skill shop, but you can get so many skills for free when beating enemies, that you can ignore it for now if you want. it's even not recommended to have so many skills added to your deck, because it will be hard to draw what you want.
the game has no story, you can find people in the dungeons and if you talk to them they can reveal new areas.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-04-01 19:57:34

@Drg awesome, thanks for sharing! Can you make a demo so everyone will get the idea of the game before buying?

2024-04-01 19:57:58

Wow, thanks DRG for making another roguelike accessible. And I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation for all your efforts. It means so much when you take on the challenge of contacting a dev and working with them to make a game fully accessible.
I'm going to sit here and wait for people's feedback before I buy it.
PS: I also wish that the next accessible game would be a real RPG or a roguelike, without deck building, I mean, because we've had a lot of deck building games so far smile

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2024-04-01 22:08:47

Hi.

I have no words at this point, just simply amazing. Please continue what you are doing, it means so much for the comunity.
I will definitely pick up this game.!

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2024-04-02 03:58:57

hey everyone!
there's already an update available to fix the skill shop, now it's fully working, can you believe the developer fixed it in less than one day?
I have defeated the first boss, it's so fun and rewarding!
to me the game feels more like a traditional rpg instead of a deck builder, because of the setting of the game, the stats like skill points and magic points, as well as the flow of the battles with the chains of the skills and the start, connect and finish effect.
I'll see if I can record something tomorrow to give you an idea of what the game sounds like, but I can guarantee you it's nothing like you have played before.
thanks again for all your awesome messages and support, it means the world to me. I'll continue doing it every day, there are new surprises coming next week.  much love!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-04-02 05:41:31

@drg
I'll repeat it man, you're awesome with what you do! You brought me some of the most amazing games I got to play on my phone, and I spent more time on it than on my pc in the last months so this is gotta be saying something smile
I think one of the issues I have with the skills, so far, is that they have a continuous flow to their explanations and I can not really perceive them as clearly from a first time playing. Maybe after I will learn them a little more I'll understand better, but the lack of pauses in a skill description got me confused yesterday. I will look on my phone for a skill which really boggled me and submit the post asap.

2024-04-02 06:42:33

There are definitely pauses between different effects, I honestly recommend just keep trying, I’m already doing much better than I was the first time I played.  I’m guessing the game was translated into English, that’s why sometimes the language can take a bit of work to understand some of the effects.  smile

2024-04-02 09:05:04

Out of curiosity, does this game require turning off the screen reader to play? I mean does it program in unity and use an accessibility plug-in or can it be played through the phone's screen reader? Also, does it have background music and sfx? I want to learn more before buying the game, but I don't see anyone mentioning these things

2024-04-02 10:18:34

@sky gamer
The game uses the unity plugin, but that doesn't mean it doesn't use your screen  reader. It uses your current screen reader speech settings, at least on iOS.

2024-04-02 10:19:13

You can also use an activity if you have your sr typically in another langauge which is my case. I have an English activity with a couple of apps like Dawncaster, choice of games, ax roguelike, etc. That way whenver I open that app it starts speaking in English.

2024-04-02 12:25:09

Hi all! For those playing on android, is there the same bug of Downcaster where the game interrupts after some turns suddenly?
Thx.

Claudio