2024-03-27 23:48:23

Hi guys, I was trying to voice chat on a ut 2k4 server and they asked me to join team speak, is there a way to use it accessibly? ts3.

I used to be techboy
not any more

2024-04-18 02:44:54

is it not accessible by default?

2024-04-18 13:47:47

It was usable last time I used it, that was a good few years ago. God who on earth is still using teamspeak in 2024? Tell them to be normal human beings and use discord lol

2024-04-18 16:14:30

Right? What kind of weird monster wants to host and have full control over their voice chat server anyway? Only the finest upstanding members of society use the corporate slop.
/s

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2024-04-18 17:33:45

I figured it out. And it works well. Its extremely accessible aside from chats but I can live with that. Also @4 I agree with you.

I used to be techboy
not any more

2024-04-18 18:19:34

That's why I love team talk better than discord. By the way any similar applications to team talk that you can host your server. if not completely at least half accessible for us

2024-04-18 18:59:50

@4 I completely agree. I have Discord, but I don't really like it, and it's not my first choice for communication. It's simply for those who refuse to use anything else or as a backup. How does TS compare to TT? Is it better and how so?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2024-04-18 19:09:45

I have a question about team talk. How can I let other people hear my microphone and my desktop audio. And yes I am the administrator of the channel

2024-04-18 19:47:48

@8 You'll either need some kind of audio interface/mixer, or use software such as VBCable. This is one advantage Discord has, and they finally added complete system audio capture to the desktop application. Unlike Zoom, it actually seems to perform well instead of distorting and ducking due to all the noise suppression and echo cancellation remaining enabled even though you told it not to. It's a shame Discord doesn't have an open API for folks to make more efficient clients.

2024-04-18 20:43:36

Well, its not better than team talk per say but it isn't worse either. It does have keyboard shortcuts and there is a friends list which is cool, most stuff can be accessed through the menus, but some things like chat aren't accessible at all. Its like teamtalk, and I think tt is a ripoff of TS actually.

I used to be techboy
not any more

2024-04-19 08:49:50

@4:
Lmao I mean fair enough, I did walk into that one. I haven't met a person in years who's like... lets all jump on teamspeak, so it did make me sit up a bit. Good to hear it's still usable though.

2024-04-19 08:59:55

Mumble has gotten quite accessible as of the recents, and I think we'll very soon have a stable and accessible thing to team talk. Bgt and the author have been working on it, so hopefully it'll be there at some point.

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2024-04-19 18:59:08

I mean, I'm not doing much, except...I dk if I was reporting the issue in the first place, but I did offer ideas and stuff like that from time to time. Yes, soon enough, if this goes as planned, we'll have a replacement for that proprietary teamtalk software.

2024-04-19 19:17:25

@bgt lover Now all we need is opus or quallity encoding support and we're good, and then we could probs jump to mumble.

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2024-04-19 20:46:54

Mumble sounds interesting, and if it does become more accessible, I'd definitely be willing to investigate it as a TT replacement.

2024-04-19 23:06:38

Sorry for asking but is there any difference between team talk andMumble. I mean what features or advantages does Mumble have?