2024-03-19 16:06:11

As the title says im looking for an accesible VPN to try out.
I want to try it for a month and see how it goes.
It can either be free or paid.
Aslong as it is accesible it's ok.
Thank you!

2024-03-19 16:16:25

I use Mulvad, accessible on all devices, fast and decently cheap, but I guess more expensive than the rest.
But it's pay as you go, so you can get a month and then top it up only when you need, which is what I do.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2024-03-19 16:19:58

Express vpn. You get your first month free and sometimes you may get a free month of it as well whenever something is launched and it needs testing. Rare though.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-03-19 19:15:51

Malwarebits VPN is good enough

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2024-03-19 19:53:42

Proton here, works well enough.

Abay chal.

2024-03-20 12:28:59

In truth, proton vpn has been working fine for me. it has an unlimited data free option with the limit of devices. but you can get it paid as well. its not too accessible but you will need to setup it only once and then you will be good to go.

People discard the concept of God by saying that God is the creation of man and according to science no God exists however, they conveniently forget that science itself is the creation and knowledge that man possesses, not the knowledge of everything in existance.

2024-03-20 14:28:46

if your willing to pay, you can fire up your own vps and host a wireguard vpn in there. it is easy to setup with pivpn. also it will be on your own server.

if you like this post, please thum it up!
if you like to see my projects, feel free to check out my github
if you want to contact me, you can do here by skype. or you can follow me on twitter: @bhanuponguru
discord: bhanu#7882

2024-03-20 14:45:41

Express VPN is awesome!

My discord: the_real_amethyst
Join my accessible Pokémon discord server

2024-03-22 06:28:19

I use either TunnelBear, or 1.1.1.1, though I'm not sure if 1.1.1.1 is on PC or not.
TunnelBear gives you a few gigs each month, and it stacks too, meaning that if you do not use all of it that month, it'll simply add more to it next month.
If you do not want to do that, though, there are some cheap plans available.
I used to use one called Betternet, but I heard mixed feelings about it.
There is also Windscribe, which I know longer use so I cannot provide a whole lot of information about that.
Hope this helps.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2024-03-22 06:57:24 (edited by felix_weber 2024-03-22 07:00:05)

If you can make the payment, you can choose Avast Secure VPN, which is both affordable and offers annual billing, allowing you to select around 50 countries. Additionally, it allows you to choose specific cities within some countries. If I remember correctly, it should have been around $10 last year in Turkey; I'm not sure about the current price there.
** You can also use it for free for at least a week or a month—I can't recall the exact duration—after which, if you don't cancel the subscription, payment will be deducted from your card. Additionally, you can create a family connection for others to use the VPN as well.

Regards,
Felix.

2024-03-22 07:00:31 (edited by defender 2024-03-22 07:02:05)

Doesn't seem like anyone is really taking the accessibility part of this question seriously... Which as someone wondering the same thing is pretty annoying.
Open VPN uses some pretty insecure protocols by today's standards, even though it's accessible, and it has no automatic killswitch or some other important modern features.
I've found that most of the common VPN's have horribly inaccessible clients, so which one's actually don't?
Cool features and low prices are one thing, but if you can't actually take advantage of most of the features thanks to inaccessibility...

2024-03-22 07:05:04

@11
Yeah but avast vpn is accessible, at least one year ago it was.

Regards,
Felix.

2024-03-22 09:29:25 (edited by defender 2024-03-22 09:31:08)

@Felix_Weber
Good to know, though I must admit that when it comes to Avast, stuff like this makes me think twice.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ftc-avast- … ta-privacy

2024-03-22 16:46:16

@Defender:
I use ExpressVPN on my Iphone, my Ipad, my computer and my ShieldTV. So, far, I have not run into any accessibility problems with their clients.
They might be a bit pricy, but their software is easy to use, and the connection is really fast and stable.

2024-03-22 18:16:52

@13
I'm not sure what it's about or which country's website it is. But if it's a news page from any source, I don't think we should trust such news. Because, you know, they might be news from rival companies.
But I am also not use avast anymore

Regards,
Felix.

2024-03-22 20:18:13

yeah, I would not trust avast anyways

2024-03-22 20:49:13

@5, Proton wouldn't be bad if they didn't have inaccessible captchas.
@11, I've heard from some people that the SurfShark clients are accessible.
I've thought about getting that one since some streamers I follow promote it, but I don't know if it's worth it or if I even need a VPN.

2024-03-22 21:00:36

@17, I've never encountered captchas.... It's odd that some people get them from Proton.
As for avast, I'd never trust them. Not after the scandals they've been involved in. For VPNs, I'd trust Proton VPN, Tailscale, and/or my own Wireguard VPN.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2024-03-22 23:39:44

The ones I provided were accessible. TunnelBear and 1.1.1.1 are both accessible, but Betternet and Windscribe could be better. That isn't to say they are not accessible, they could just be improved.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2024-03-23 05:54:45

@18, That was only on the iOS client. I haven't tried it on PC recently.

2024-03-27 14:31:28

@17:
yeah, when you encounter the captchas, they are the worst, in fact, just off-topic, h-captcha is the worst in terms of accessibility.
but in that vein, discord uses the same service, often I have had to get the assistance of someone sighted just to sign in to my discord when ever i log out for one reason or the other.

People discard the concept of God by saying that God is the creation of man and according to science no God exists however, they conveniently forget that science itself is the creation and knowledge that man possesses, not the knowledge of everything in existance.

2024-03-27 19:51:34

It seems like Proton improved their Captcha.
They finally have a way to get an accessible challenge.

2024-04-08 23:41:13

I recently needed a VPN and as you guys said, express VPN, Mulvid, and Tunnelbear are both highly accessible, with only minor usability quirks. Just wanted to thank you all for the great suggestions, especially Tunmi13, Angel, The Player, Mata, and TheRealAmethyst.

2024-04-09 22:23:48 (edited by Chris 2024-04-09 22:24:36)

Anything that can use WireGuard is accessible. Install the WireGuard client on your devices, import the VPN profile file, and you should be good to go.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2024-04-10 02:01:31

@Chris
Does the wireguard client support a kill switch? Because that was my main problem with Open VPN. Just concerned about torrent traffic getting through to my ISP long enough for them to ding me over it.