2024-03-21 13:01:25

Hey there guys. You know, I've talked on here about all of the games that I would totally love to play if only I had the usable vision with which to play them? well, the sims happens to be one of the top ones. And if you could make the sims 4 playable for us, you will have helped me at least partially achieve that dream. Needless to say, I will definitely be watching this thread and project unfold with extreme interest. Have a great day to you all.

2024-03-21 13:17:10

at this point, I feel like this thread, from my point of view at least, is more of a theoretical discussion.
I haven't done nearly enough research to say definitively if it's possible or not, so don't get your hopes up.
It's a project I may be interested in persuing, depending on API documentation, and what it actually has and can do.

2024-03-21 14:02:58

27 said is correct, this post more like a  talk, so this is why i did not post it in the code room.
now, I can figger out the API  for accessing the object's status, but if  we really   need to make the mod working, it could be a processing information, kind like you convert the information the API given to you to the form the players actually needed.
like we really don't need this
object.type=person/social=50%,happy=30%, bladder =50%
instead we need this
bob, social 50%, bladder 30%, happy 30%
we don't need this
form.object-type=food/gene, money-150.name.gene=pizzafruit

instead we need this
pizza making machine, choose type, fruit pizza, price 150, confirm button
it's the first problem i see we must do it out

2024-03-21 14:49:01

that, in it'sself, isn't to me a major issue.  It should be easy enough to grab the data from objects and translate it to human speek.  My question is how can we grab a list of nearby objects to the controled character, sort them, and then move the mouse to an object.
That, to me at least, is the major hurdle.  Once you can get past that, you can do almost anything with some time.
build mode is also a major issue, how do I, as a blind person, build a house?  Representing that could be anywhere from very difficult to completely impossible depending on the level of api access we have.

2024-03-21 14:52:01

sorry for the double post, but @snow do you have a discord?
I'd be interested to do as was said earlier and create a discord for people who are interested in contributing to the project, and seeing what could be done.

2024-03-21 16:12:20

@30, yes I have discord, user name is
annyminni
so your idea is  create a discord server for it?

2024-03-21 18:10:43

yeah, I plan to make a discord server for people who can contribute to the possible development of the project.
So, right now that'll just be me, you and JoWier.

2024-03-23 22:15:35

I can understand that you folks are only having a discussion right now and still determining whether or not this can all even be done, so you take your time and figure it out. Trust me, I would much rather this be done right rather than have it rushed. I'll wait patiently in the meantime.

2024-03-23 22:42:42

having looked into it more, I'm out.
The modding setup required is fucking insanity, EA do not provide any modding access or documentation, you need to decompile .pyc files, and then search through the source code for everything you actually need.  their are no docs, or anything like that, + testing a mod is almost impossible for us.

2024-03-24 15:38:06 (edited by snow 2024-03-24 15:39:53)

becompile all .pyc file sounds too much, but at least the wiki tells us the object  type , status, and how to change it by a bit coding, we need  to do is make it readable and output to the NVDA, like tolk or any lib, is it right? or i'm wrong?
if sighted people can create so much mod by change the object's status, i think we can read it? like if you need to change a person's hunger, you  first need to know the number, another mod can change allow teenager to do a little job, so you need to know how job was allowed and change the lower age, so you need to know the person's age as well.
in order to make the funtion we thought, letting teenager to do the job, we need to change a bit on these two parts

2024-03-25 05:18:03

Yeah, @34 is what I was getting at. Thankfully, decompilation is not as bad as it sounds, there are good utilities, but the issue is we only get like 98-99% of the code. There are like 2-3 files that fail to decompile. We're pretty much relying on the documentation of those who came before us, and suffice it to say, none have done as much as we're going to have to do. The trouble is going to be finding all of this data. Plus, we'd need to make sure we get everything to sync up. This is not easy.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"