2024-03-15 18:40:19 (edited by Lacach 2024-03-23 08:45:58)

Edit:
At the moment:
- 25,257 words;
- 6 chapters available (including the prologue) out of a total of 149 chapters;
- Approximately 312 audio files, including songs, environments and effects;
- 0 images (I'm thinking about working with a friend to add more images to the game, even if still);
- Approximately 1/2 hours game time (Taking into account that a person reads 200-300 words per minute);
- A chocolate or strawberry cookie for you smile

Hello everyone, nice to meet you!
This is my first topic, and I don't know if I'm in the right room, but let's try.
I was excited to come here and share something I'm working on, even if slowly. I need opinions, and to know if more people will like it, since I only shared it with a few friends.

1: Home.
In 2021 I was presented with a Naruto fanfic, but at the time I didn't want to read fanfics, so I didn't read it. But in 2022 when they shared the link again, I read it and... My God, what an incredible story.
Dialogues, setting, plot, everything was great in my opinion.
I kept thinking how cool it would be if this story became an anime, with voices, sound effects, or music, because that would be so good!
So only in 2024, in January, I decided to do a project like this fanfic.

2: Tiny Project
I started learning things about Ren'py last year, and as it was easy and smooth to use, it also seemed to fit with what I intended to do.
I went ahead, I made the prologue of the Fanfic in Ren'py. Music, sound effects, environments, and prologue story.
When I finished, I thought it was incredible that I had the courage to do something like this, since I'm more of a procrastinator.
So I did chapter 1, and chapter 2 after that. I took a break for a week, until I showed it to someone else and they loved it, then I felt inspired again and did chapters 3, 4, and 5.
So I thought: "Hmmm, I want to show this project to other people, and I know a place to do that!"
First I talked to the Fanfic author explaining what I was doing, and then, after a few weeks I'm here to share it with all of you!
Oh, yes, even though I used the Fanfic he wrote in the project, I don't intend to ask for money for what I did, or anything like that. I'm just someone who is passionate about the project, who did something to make Fanfic more immersive and would like to share this with more people.
I still dream of the day this will become an anime, yes!

3: I'm bad at creating category titles for what I'm going to talk about, so, finally, the project.
I would like to share the version for those using Mac, or Linux, but I unfortunately deleted my ren'py folder. I really don't know how I did it, last night I went to look, I couldn't find the folder, I tried to open ren'py using the shortcut and it didn't work. Luckily I had posted the latest version on Google Drive, so I was more relieved that I hadn't lost everything. Sorry about that, we will only have the Windows version for now.
The prologue and 5 more chapters are currently available.
I don't know how long it takes to finish completely, but when a person was reading the prologue, chapter 1 and chapter 2, it took two hours, but using a not very fast NVDA voice and paying close attention to what was happening. If I read it quickly I think I would finish it in 1, 2, 3 hours maybe?
It is in Brazilian Portuguese.I didn't think about sharing this project at first, so I didn't think about doing it in English. But if you like it and want it, I'd be happy to leave it in English, although I think I'll probably need help. Seriously, a chapter takes a long time to make, although I'd say it's more the fault of finding sound effects that perfectly match the moment than the story itself.
I recommend using NVDA to translate the texts.
For those who don't know, I'll leave how to do this at the end of this long post!
You can't make many choices here. Just advance the dialogues with enter and enjoy the show. The only choices available are for chapter choices.
Having said all that, here is the link. I hope you like it, I'll be looking forward to reading your comments.

Download for Mac:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Rsxpy … sp=sharing

Download for Linux and Windows
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_KEvfW … sp=sharing

4: To use NVDA:
Install the "autoclip" add-on, and enable clipboard reading with "shift+NVDA+k" or the shortcut you configured.
When opening the game and the music starts playing, press Shift+c.
Okay, just enjoy!

You can also use Ren'py's default voice mode with letter "v".

Thanks for reading, sorry for any mistakes, and thanks again.
Have a good day.

The best tabaxi in the medieval world!

2024-03-15 20:56:18

@1, what is the name of the fic this project used?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2024-03-15 21:49:28

Oh yeah! I knew I was forgetting something.
The name of the first part of the Fanfic is "Naruto Alternative, Heróis do mundo ninja". There used to be Spiritfanfiction, but it was removed, so now you have to read it on Watpad.
The link is:
https://www.wattpad.com/1273964654
You need to translate the page into the language you prefer since everything is in Portuguese...
Thanks for read.

2024-03-16 12:25:17

@1: renpi supports self-voicing, aka an accessibility mode, so perhaps try that

2024-03-17 00:55:37 (edited by Lacach 2024-03-17 00:56:25)

@4 yes, the voice mode is good, but I'm still not that used to using it, since the voices I have installed I don't really like using when reading. But hey, yes, maybe I will do that in the future!
Thanks for reading.

2024-03-17 12:28:34

@1 Really nice work! I finished the prologue to your story. I'm not Portuguese but I translated with translate, and I must say that the sounds and music, in addition to the beautiful story, make everything more alive. By the way, do you know if there is a way to read the Naruto or Dragon Ball manga in an accessible way? Unfortunately on Kindle they are all images, and for us it is not accessible, not even with OCR.

2024-03-17 18:11:58

@6 Hey, thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it!
I tried to make it as alive as possible, so it's good to know that people think that hehehe!

Regarding the manga, unfortunately I don't think there is any way to read them.
Last year I tried to find some manga to read, but all the sites I went to were just images. sad
I've even thought about asking someone in my family to pick up some manga and write down everything in the images, but the amount of work that would be involved would be too much, I suppose. Still, it would be an interesting idea...

Thanks for reading!

2024-03-18 04:16:16

Congratulations, this is very good! I'm Brazilian too and I support this project!
Alternatively, you can put it on github, for other people to collaborate too!

meet the eternal legend, accessibility group for games and applications in Brazil. main group to bring accessible games to the blind.
official website    
our discord server
youtube channel

2024-03-18 05:21:54

Hello,
Collaborate in what sense?
I would put it on Gitub, but unfortunately I don't know how to do it... The last time I used my account there was just to talk to someone, so I really don't know how to use other functions.

I'm happy to know that there are people really enjoying this. As soon as I have time, I will come back to do more chapters. Hehe.

Thanks for read smile

2024-03-23 08:48:27

Hey, hello everyone!
Good news. I managed to recover the game. I thought I wouldn't be able to edit it again, but everything worked out. It took me a while because hmm, well, it's complicated to explain.
I will update the first post with links for Mac, Linux and Windows.
I suppose that the version that is like "PC" also works on both Windows and Linux, since Ren'py said that when compiling. If anyone who uses Linux tests it, let me know and I'll post the other version, just Linux.
I also intend to translate it into English soon. I thought about doing this when I had 10 chapters, but I'm thinking. Oh yes, excuse my English. Sometimes I think it doesn't sound so good when I speak, so I might end up saying something wrong. Translator is evil.
Thanks for reading, I hope you like it, have a peaceful day, and... now I need an idromel, bye!

2024-03-23 18:26:04

when/if will this be in english?

discord: hellblade09

2024-03-24 04:26:37

I'll try to translate it soon, but I can't say a date since I need to study too, so this, with the fact that the teachers spend a lot of activity, makes everything a few times more complicated. But hey, it will be in English soon.

2024-03-28 21:45:05

Your work is impressive. Everything was done very cool. Do you plan to continue working on this project?

Sorry for my English, i use Google translator.

2024-03-29 16:41:49

@Grinvold
Hi, thank you very much for your kind words, I'm glad you liked it!
Yes, I intend to continue, I have a lot of work ahead of me and I can't give up. But at the moment I'm not feeling so good mentally, so I haven't started yet. But I promise there will definitely be more chapters available.
smile
Have a nice day, and thanks for reading.