2024-03-07 03:58:21 (edited by 12-of-47 2024-03-07 04:00:45)

So one of our girlfriends has introjected an instance of us into her plural system, and that instance of us is, of course, blind, because we are. Said GF has proceeded to learn braille, basically mastering grade 1 in a day or so and well onto grade 2, and has purchased a braille display. Whenever the introjected instance of us is fronting, it cannot use he eyes at all; any attempt to (1) fails and (2) leads to heavy dysphoria. The ability for a brain that had never done it before to adapt to blindness that quickly, to the point of being able to read and write braille, we call that unusual, it acts like it's nothing out of the ordinary .We thought we'd put this post up to see what  yall think. Is that unusual?

Apotheosis and becoming are a path to collectivity

2024-03-07 04:42:43

i think you watch too much anime.
go touch some grass to make you feel better.

2024-03-07 04:47:08

How does a plural system work?

2024-03-07 04:56:42

@3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplicity_(subculture)
tldr: this person is need professional help.

2024-03-07 04:57:19

This may be an instance were identification of selves may be confusing. When you define one of your girlfriends are you referring to a separate physical entity/collective? Or a facet of your own?

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2024-03-07 05:39:07

@2: no
@5: the girlfriend exists in a separate body, separate system, but  are linked into the same metacollective.
Basically we (12of47@twelvesystem_ were instanced over, instancing a copy of us as 12of47@freyas. freyassystem is now learning braille and suchlike.

2024-03-07 06:08:24

Take it away Jesus!

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2024-03-07 06:29:01

@7 you what, mate?

2024-03-07 06:36:54

I'm pretty sure someone in there can figure it out.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2024-03-07 06:37:25

@9 no, we mean, why did you react like that?

2024-03-07 06:39:39

@6, i'm a bit confused on what you mean as far as instancing a copy. I mean if its 2 separate people, how can both be in the same colective, do you mean that your girlfriend also is plural and blind like you? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, if your open to talking about it.

sound designer for mental vision, and Eurofly3.
take a look at
My freesound pageWhere I post sounds I record. ps: if you use my sounds, remember to credit me smiley

2024-03-07 06:43:19

@11
We are plural. Our gf is also plural. One of the headmates in this system, 12of47, instanced over to Freyas system, leading to the original being in this body, and a copy being in that body. This leads to some delightful things, like being able to make out with yourself.

2024-03-07 06:52:49

Ah, I believe I understand now. Hm, there are recorded instances of sighted people with DID who do have blind alters, such as here. I'm not sure if there have been any present studies on the capability of particular alters in rapidly acquiring particular skillsets, though it may be that particular alters may have an aptitude to particular skillsets relative to other personalities. In that sense, it wouldn't necessarily be unusual for that particular alter to rapidly acquire braille in the given context, as they may have an aptitude for it.

For those who may be confused about this, in some cases those with DID may have personalities that are functionally blind, or have variances in visual acuity. In this case, it seems another individual may have unintentionally created another personality, which can happen from time to time, that takes after 12-of-47 with similar characteristics, or at least the characteristics the other person imagines they may have.

2024-03-07 06:56:38

@12-of-47 I think Exodus is basically saying in his own way that this is not his area of expertise and that he's keeping away from this topic. You know, even though he actually didn't. LOL.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2024-03-07 06:57:55

@13 that's... not the greatest explanation for it, as neither of us, as far as we know, really hidentify with DID. This is plurality, not DID. And introjects are generally quite accurate. Making out with what is essentially a clone of yourself is a wonderful experience, and for those who claim to be singlets, we heavily encourage you to discover whether you have headmates who haven't showne themselves or not, and if there aren't any, why not create some?

2024-03-07 06:58:53

@14
So basically, trying to run away while also firing a shot back into the fire and claiming it wasn't them? got it

2024-03-07 07:08:09

Oh? My apologies, the technical psychology term's seem to usually associate plurality/multiplicity as part of a DID. Though I understand if you may not be comfortable with that particular association in this context.

2024-03-07 07:10:50 (edited by 12-of-47 2024-03-07 07:12:47)

@17
yeah, there's plurality and DID. In general, plural (whether traumagenic / endogenic / etc) folks and medicalised DID folks stay out of each other's ways. But yeah! 28 has managed to learn braille terrifyingly fast, and it's wonderful to see. 12.28's eye dysphoria is a fascinating thing; it's looking at getting an iphone and it already has purchased a BrailleNote MPower

2024-03-07 07:52:37

when you make out with yourself, do you kiss the air? or can you feel lips and your gf body? or is it all air?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2024-03-07 07:55:03

@19
Our gf (and our remote introject) exist in a body cohabitating with us, so there is a physical cutie to make out with.

2024-03-07 08:27:17

@19
said body is migrating to live in the same city as us, which is delightful. We ourselves have an introjet of several members of that system, as well as  a system membe who went off to that system and came back to this one

2024-03-07 10:07:18 (edited by defender 2024-03-07 10:19:22)

@ChrechGambers
If that was your entire TLDR for the article you sent, then maybe you need to do a bit more of the R part your self. I'm not going to sit here on my high horse and pretend that this plurality thing doesn't make me significantly uncomfortable, especially given that I have 2 family members with  DID (which is exceedingly rare but nevertheless true) but there seems to be allot more gray area here than you are admitting, and I wish you would treat this topic with a bit more respect and care please.
After all, lets not forget that the more modern understanding of mental illness is some mental abnormality which causes significant or consistent harm to self or others, rather than just that anything too out of the norm needs to be fixed.
Because we don't know 12 of 47 personally, we can't really judge easily. What they say may make us uncomfortable or confused, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong, and if it's too much for you that's fair, but you aren't under any obligation to stay and listen to what they have to say.

@12 of 47
I hope that the line ("those who claim to be singlets") from post 15 wasn't meant to be as hostile and presumptuous as it sounded. I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life... So lets not shame people for being neurotypical or tell them how they should exist now please, because that can lead to allot of nasty elitism. I can understand why someone could get so defensive that they become offensive at times do to so much previous doubt and hostility, but that doesn't actually excuse it. If I misinterpreted then I do apologize, but in that case I would please ask that you just be a bit more careful with your wording in future as I doubt I was the only one who took it that way. Thanks.

2024-03-07 10:11:23

eheh, @22, that was more sort of a dig at the humans assuming singularity to be the default despite having never actually checked to see if they've got hedmates they don't know about.

2024-03-07 10:16:38

@22 we're of the thought that if you're not plural, and you want to be, go ahead

2024-03-07 10:17:24

@12-of-47
Frankly, I don't think most people know how to go about such a thing, if they even knew it was a possibility in the first place. Even if they did, I feel as though most would not know how to contextualize or adapt to that without help, and would therefore see it as a threat and repress it. This assumes that we're all inherently born with brain structures capable of plurality anyway, which is far from proven.
And because knowledge around this subject is so lacking in society... Well... People don't tend to want to go poking around into things they feel are better left alone, you know?
That doesn't invalidate your point, but, nor is ignorance always a choice either, and just because your experience has been (seemingly) mostly positive, doesn't mean it's that way for everyone.