2024-03-06 21:08:57

Yeah, that was the point I think everyone was getting at, but they did it entirely wrong.

2024-03-06 21:13:49 (edited by CritterPup 2024-03-06 21:15:14)

Okay but the price shouldn't matter. It's a game. He also didn't demand it. He asked. And that shoots your entitlement argument right in the foot. You're also conveniently ignoring he said he would also enjoy having the basic bundle, which is 30 bucks cheaper, and only 10 bucks more than Manamon. So yall are just in here to sit on a high horse and act superior and it's unbecoming.
Edit to clarify my first line there. The price of the game shouldn't matter... within reason. And sub 100 bucks is within reason. If he was asking for the premium deluxe collector's edition of some game that costs 500 bucks, okay. That makes sense. But this is not that.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2024-03-06 21:21:48

Was it audacious of him to ask for the bundle, perhaps. But entitled? No. He simply made a humble request. You could have either just skipped the topic or say no. Instead some of you chose to cuss him out or ridicule him for making a request that again, none of you are obligated to fulfil. The funny thing is some of the people in here have previously spoken out against toxic and trollish behaviour, yet here they are.
@6, 10 and 11 are the only ones in here that didn't come in here with superiority and condescention.
Sometimes when reading topics like these it really leads me to question if some of you just use this place as an outlet for when you had a bad day. Seriously there's no way post 1 would warrant a response as acerbic as post 4.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2024-03-07 03:13:52

look, i will accept blame for this topic. op is a player on my friend list on harthstone. he asked me to get him this pre order bundle nicely said he was hard on cash. i told him yes i would do it because i thought it was like around $10. he told me it was $80. i almost dropped my laptop for harthstone even charging that outragious price come on man that is ridiculous. anyway i told him i will NOT(all caps) even be buying that bundle for myself at that crazy price tag. i told him to come to this forum and maybe someone would help him get it, since we do have a lot of harthstone players/fans that will most likely also purchase the bundle for themselves. not sure if he is originally from this forum or the harthstone discord, but he is innocent in this, he got the advice to come here from me and ask. i know people have purchased games for others before, (there is a recent giveaway topic on page1) so i assumed someone would purchase the bundle for him. so this one was my bad.

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2024-03-07 03:27:07

CritterPup wrote:

Okay but the price shouldn't matter. It's a game. He also didn't demand it. He asked. And that shoots your entitlement argument right in the foot. You're also conveniently ignoring he said he would also enjoy having the basic bundle, which is 30 bucks cheaper, and only 10 bucks more than Manamon. So yall are just in here to sit on a high horse and act superior and it's unbecoming.
Edit to clarify my first line there. The price of the game shouldn't matter... within reason. And sub 100 bucks is within reason. If he was asking for the premium deluxe collector's edition of some game that costs 500 bucks, okay. That makes sense. But this is not that.

I've already apologized for my response. I'm not an unreasonable person.  I admit i over reacted a bit which is something i don't generally do

2024-03-07 03:52:24

My posts weren't just about you. It was aimed at everyone in here who dragged this guy through the mud, raked him over the coals, and any other variation on the phrase "bitched him out" for absolutely no reason. This was a reaction from the community that was, frankly, disgusting.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2024-03-07 05:00:00

Moderation
Right. Warning for you @7. I get your frustration. You came forward with a simple request and got dragged for it, but please don't use such over the top and frankly racist language to express your displeasure. It's a personal attack and otherwise does not do our impression any favors.
@4 A caution for you. While you really fell short of personal attack territory, it does not do our impressions any favors to drag people merely asking. Please keep this in mind in the future. To be honest, that can extend to the tone of some others, but 4 is perhaps the most notable example. I understand why you might be frustrated with the request, but there is no harm in asking. Who knows, perhaps someone is feeling fortunate and generous. So long as the request is respectful and not demanding, there is no harm. Though @labron3 I would request that you try to keep these requests to the stickied topic dedicated to such discussions in the future. I'll keep this open for now, but please, if you have any other requests, please use the correct thread. Thank you.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2024-03-07 10:35:17

The fact that there are very few games with a Collector's/Premium Deluxe whatever edition that cost around $500 doesn't make $80 for expansion bundles something little. 80 dollars and even the standard bundle, which I think is 50 or 60 dollars, is way too much. Personally, I buy mega bundles, but I can't deny that this greedy company is asking for too much.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2024-03-07 11:15:54

@Muhammad highly agree. a ps5/xbox game doesn't even cost $80. blizzard has lost there mind, and i won't even entertain the thought of purchasing it.

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2024-03-07 11:43:42

@7 Thank you for making me laugh so much. Honestly, your behavior is only making people run away from the idea of helping you in anything you want. Seriously, go eat some burgers, then become a Muslim and come pray Asr with me, then become a Christian then leave religion all together then talk about Donald Trump, and delete the NVDA screen reader and get SuperNova because it's the best. Life, my friend, is like a carrot, and a carrot is like a tomato, because they are both vegetables. What do you think about trying sleeping pills, maybe you're not sleeping well. I have a question: what is your religion, gender, what is your mother's name, and how much of your childhood did you spend smearing your hands with everything sticky and gooey? Candy, my friend, is food for the sweet, so if you're sweeter than it, it might be jealous of you. You said fuck you all, so why all of us, why don't you just curse Michel because he's the only one who cursed at you. What did I do to you? I'm just a poor blind penguin living with a mermaid under piles of snow. I struggle with life, sometimes I defeat it and spit in its face, and sometimes it tries to kick me and twists and falls on the ground. Yes, yes, life kicks me for hours and hours, missing me because it's stupid like that person whose nickname here starts with the letter "t" and says that a woman's honor is in obeying her husband, and that a woman is an incomplete being who needs a man to ride on her. Then how do you say that we are dicks looking for pussies to fit into? The truth is that many dicks are looking for the bathroom to urinate in, not every dick is for fucking, deer. And yes I misspelled dear and wrote deer because you might be a deer looking to be preyed upon, not my dear because you included me in your fuck process, and you said fuck you all which is something exactly like control a.

What the hell, dude. I get that op is making you mad, but can you tone it down a bit? I think you're the one who needs sleeping pills here. Half of your post doesn't really make sense. Also what does there mother have to do with anything at all?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2024-03-07 12:27:57

Here is an improved version of post 17 that really puts things into perspective:
"@7 Thanks for making me laugh so hard. In fact, your personality can make people shy away from helping your needs. Come out and eat a burger and be a Muslim with me until evening prayer, be a Christian and let everything pray for you and talk to Donald Trump, then get an NVDA screen reader and get Supernova it's the best thing in my life. friends Carrots and carrots are similar to tomatoes because they are both vegetables. If you try sleeping pills, you may not sleep well. I have a question: What is your religion, gender, mother's name and how long have you lived since childhood? My friend is very handsome, so if you are sweeter than him, he might be jealous of you. You say we're all bad mouths, so stop insulting Michael, he's the only one at fault. what have i done for you I am a blind man who lives with a girl under the snow. I am facing difficulties in life. Sometimes I hit him and spit in his face, and sometimes he hits me and tries to push me and I fall to the ground. Yes, yes, life is too long for me, I will lose because this man is a fool, whose name begins with the letter "T" and it is considered an honor for women to follow men and women who created lies. . Of course not. . People want to ride. So how do you see us looking for a dog with them in Boise? The truth is that many men use the bathroom to urinate, but sex is not attractive. Yes, you spelled my love wrong, deer because you might be a deer that wants to eat meat and not my love because you brought me into your fight and told me to fight everything to tie it".

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2024-03-07 16:01:18

CritterPup wrote:

My posts weren't just about you. It was aimed at everyone in here who dragged this guy through the mud, raked him over the coals, and any other variation on the phrase "bitched him out" for absolutely no reason. This was a reaction from the community that was, frankly, disgusting.

yeah i feel shitty about it admitedly.

2024-03-07 18:38:28

.,. and the moral of the topic:

Don't post anything, or say anything, in anger. Consider your words before touching finger to key. A simple, if somewhat extreme, request shouldn't have been met with such vitriol, It started with post 2 and just got more disgusting from that point on. yes, there is a dedicated thread for such requests, although I can understand why people post in general instead of the dedicated thread. I've no recall of anyone responding to my requests in the dedicated purchase topic. The same way such requests can get ignored in the dedicated thread, just ignore topics like these in general game discussion and let the mods deal with them. That's why we have mods.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2024-03-07 19:45:33 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2024-03-07 19:52:39)

Lol muhammad chafid I'm quite surprised you didn't realize that I was joking writing this total random stuff and that post 17 had nothing to do with me being angry. In fact, I was laughing like crazy while writing my post half drunk because I was drinking my morning coffee tongue

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2024-03-07 21:09:33

I think the original posters error was that he Told everybody to go fuck themselves up. And then he. clarified that he meant only the person who started shouting at him. however, by then it was too late. Everyone was fucking pissed. period. main clued it however, I did not answered him right away because I would probably say the same things as everybody else. as far as what do you get from a mega bundle? you get all the commons and rares only and some of the epic cards unfortunately. with both bundles you get about half of the legendary ones.

2024-03-07 21:19:22

Actually, it started right from post two, where the poster made the comment to the effect that OP only cam back to the forum to ask for freebies. That set the tone for the rest of the topic. Is it really so hard to say something along the lines of "Sorry, but that's way, way too expensive and I don't think anyone will be willing to spend so much on a mere expansion," A polite refusal and explanation were all that would be required. I happen to know the OP personally; he's quite reasonable and a sensible explanation would have gone down far better than all of the abuse.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2024-03-07 21:51:00

labron3 wrote:

ok i understand what you mean, but i asked someone for it, and they were like, why don't you ask on the forum, and i did! so no need to be a compleat asshole to me, ok i get what you're saying, and i'm not a feetis just being extracted from a wet pussy, ok? thank you for being unholy to me. another reason why i don't talk on here, because this place, is asshole village, dicks, looking for pussies to fit into, but can find any type crap. anyways, i'm done here anyways. i shouldn't have made this topic in the first place. fuck you all, you selfish crackers.

If you were leaving, you don't need to linger with a long post like that, if you're going to say you're leaving to rile people up and then call them selfish (Which for the record, you should speak for yourself about), then I hope you do leave, you obviously have nothing better to do here then to be narcissistic and just downright mean.

I always tell myself I'm going to stop procrastinating. I was going to, but I never got around to it.
Always approach life with an excellent attitude!
If you like my post, thumb me up!

2024-03-07 21:56:53

@42:

Think we've already been over that. A demonstration of just why never a good idea to fight fire with fire; you're more likely to get burned than the fire you're fighting. Meeting abuse with abuse never works out, At this point though everything worth say has already been said. TH OP asked, as he was advised to do. The answer, after much totally unnecessary dramatics, was no. No point in  adding to the drama.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2024-03-08 00:28:49

@39 that didn't sound like a joke at all. Tri harder

best regards, muhammad chafid

2024-03-08 11:42:58 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2024-03-08 11:57:16)

So you didn't realize it was a joke at first? Too bad for you, you gotta work harder then on improving your cognitive skills.

Kind regards!

2024-03-08 21:09:27

Right to get back to the actual question at hand. Labron, I would recommend that you look at content creators and try to find a giveaway. I know Zeddy Hearthstone on YouTube is doing a pretty major one. Try that.

2024-03-09 17:47:47

Agreed. Just follow as many Hearthstone content creators as possible on as many platforms as possible and you'll find plenty of giveaways.
And the fact that post 7 has 2 thumbs up votes honestly worries and saddens me.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2024-03-10 17:18:09

An update for ya: Hearthstone has it's theorycrafting event on Wednesday the 13th and creators will have plenty of bundles to give away. You can watch that. It's tough but you can do it.

2024-03-11 00:29:34 (edited by hadi.gsf 2024-03-11 00:35:07)

@labron3
Don't worry buddy, you're not missing out on anything, IT's just digital cards that blizzard will make irrelevant in 12 to 24 months.
So imagine buying cards that are not even physical and at some point you don't even get to play with them in the future because they get overpowered by other new digital cards with more digital numbers.
Imagine buying cards that you can't actually let your friends and family play with lmao.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2024-03-11 00:39:22

Muhammad Hajjar wrote:

So you didn't realize it was a joke at first? Too bad for you, you gotta work harder then on improving your cognitive skills.

Muhammad Hajar wrote:

George_Gaylord, this is not an obvious joke. Nothing in it suggests that, and the proof is in the posts below. I put a small probability on it being a joke, but the lack of any indication of it denies that. So your fault for not clarifying that in the same thread.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here