2024-01-24 02:50:17

Hi,

I am happy to announce the Luck be a Landlord is fully accessible for the blind community!

NOTE: Before I'll put the description and official links here's something to note. The game use clipboard method of printing the text so you need NVDA (or other screen reader) with autoclip reader to play the game without any problems. We tried to make it accessible in other way but there's no other option as far as I know. The game is written in Godot V 3X and it can't support screen readers sadly so this is why it uses clipboard for now. The developer of this game is open for suggestions so if there's something what can work instead it will be considered for sure! smile With that being said the game fully works so if you have the tools (application / addon) to make your clipboard automatically read you  will play this without any issues.

Game description:
Your landlord is knocking on your door. You have one coin left to your name. You insert the coin into your slot machine...and...JACKPOT! Luck be a Landlord, tonight!
Luck be a Landlord is a roguelike deckbuilder about using a slot machine to earn rent money and defeat capitalism. This game does not contain any real-world currency gambling or microtransactions.
Features
• Roguelite gameplay - The symbols you can add to the slot machine are different every time!
• Lots of Symbols to add to your slot machine - Each symbol has different effects and interactions.
• Plenty of Items to choose from - The items are different every time as well, leading to interesting build strategies.
• A terrible landlord to defeat.
• A dog you can pet.
• Capitalism.
Luck be a Landlord now has Screen Reader support! If the Screen Reader setting is enabled (under the Gameplay Settings or by holding the F3 key, 3 key, or L1 on a controller for 5 seconds), the game will output highlighted text to the operating system's clipboard. One can then use a screen reader program to read out the text from the clipboard. Using a Keyboard or Controller instead of a Mouse is ideal when using this mode.

Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1404 … _Lokatora/
Itch.io:
https://trampolinetales.itch.io/luck-be-a-landlord

I hope you will enjoy your time playing this masterpiece! Just remember, it looks like easy game but believe me, it's not that easy as you think! smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2024-01-24 03:10:37

Nice.  Though not my type of game since well there is so many ways you can play a slot game.

2024-01-24 03:22:41

@BlindWolf Sure. smile Everyone likes different stuff. I thought the same but it's pretty addicting  actually.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2024-01-24 04:13:12

Roguelike cards aren't usually my bag, either, but this one looks different and rather intriguing! Any possibility that the iOS app might also become accessible? I'll definitely at least poke at this some time in future.

2024-01-24 04:35:50

hey @lirin! thanks for this masterpiece bro! this is awesome and really addicting and works perfectly with the autoclip add on for nvda, or clipreader.
I've just sent a suggestion to Dan regarding the removal tokens. because when you're trying to remove a simbol, it doesn't say the description, only the name. so it's kinda time consuming to go back to the main screen, find what you want, read the description, go to the removal screen, find it again and remove it.
it's completely playable and works fine.
I just wish the mobile version would be accessible at some point, but probably not, because we can't read the clipboard, saddly.
i'll play it for hundreds of hours to come!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-01-24 04:56:54

Finally something interesting that's not exclusive to phone. I hate phone.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2024-01-24 06:28:56

Two questions. What is the limitation of the demo version. And is the demo version accessible?

2024-01-24 06:31:11

I like this game, it's a neat little thing to play around with, though a bit expensive for what it is, I think.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2024-01-24 06:45:28

why is there a storage difference between the steam and itch versions?

discord: hellblade09

2024-01-24 08:03:52

Hello
I can't turn on screen reader support. I tried holding f3 key or 3 key and even both at the same time but nothing happens. When I first launched the demo, steam said something about steam's input system, maybe because of that I can't enable it or because I'm playing the demo, don't know

let's rock!

2024-01-24 08:51:59

Hello
Sorry for double posting, but I want to say, that it seams like screen reader is not supported in demo version. I asked sighted to read gameplay tab in the options and there is no way to turn on it

let's rock!

2024-01-24 08:57:22

i think that the demo is an old version but the full game is a newer version all together.

discord: hellblade09

2024-01-24 09:16:14

that's bad

2024-01-24 09:44:51

Yeah, the demo is not updated with the accessibility. Will ask the dev if this is possible actually.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2024-01-24 10:48:44

Hi.
Wow. Thanks for making yet an other game accessible.
I'm not sure if I'll like the game or not. I'll give it a try later.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2024-01-24 12:28:49

Demo is updated with the accessibility!

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2024-01-24 13:17:18

@16
I bought the game without even trying the demo and, though it's certainly not my kind of game, I can see how it's addicting if nothing else. well done.
My only critique is that you can't seem to be able to tell what symbols are showing up as you spin etc, instructions would be great regarding how to optimise things.  It's an interesting one.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2024-01-24 21:13:18

Fun game. Thanks for working on it.
But I do not understand. Some symbols say that they should lie next to others. How to rearrange them and, in general, how to view the deck correctly? I move with the arrows, but the symbols are mixed up and jump between each other. Some lines have a lot of symbols, others have few. I don't understand.

Sorry for my English, i use Google translator.

2024-01-24 22:41:46

sisypush was programed in godot, and it has screen reader

i am the best bread in the world.

2024-01-24 22:48:37

I think, that you can not move symbols on the board,  you can turn it by turning slot machine.

2024-01-25 21:38:54

Hey everyone! I've managed to beat the first floor, yay! now there's only 19 left.
the developer listened to my feedback and is adding extra quality of life improvements, like telling how many of the same simbols you have in the inventory screen, as well as telling you the item descriptions in the inventory, really cool!
I've suggested a few other things, let's see if they will be added.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-01-25 22:13:49

Somehow I messed up the language selection in the demo and have no idea how I could get back into the selection. In addition, f3 hasn't changed anything for me at all.

2024-01-25 22:16:38

What about getting column/row number when you are looking at your spin?
Or am I not getting this right?
Once you spin you get a list of symbols you have, but it's kind of a weird grid

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2024-01-25 22:33:11

@ogomez92 I've also suggested a toggle to enable this feature if possible. let's wait and hope it's added.
@firefly82 you must hold f3 for 5 seconds, sometimes even more. try to close the game and open again to see if you manage to make it work. is the clipboard reader addon enabled? hope it works for you. it's a fun game!

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2024-01-26 00:01:18

Can somebody please tell me what's the difference between the demo and the full version?