2024-01-10 10:57:58

In the punishments topic post 264, it is stated that fireball2023 has received a 90 day ban. However the three warnings that he user has received do not include the action that they made against another user in this thread which would certainly count for at least 2 warnings. So that is 5 in total. I think it is justified to use these 2 late actions against fireball instead of rushing it because the moderators miscounted the initial warnings. Furthermore, most if not every post fireball2023 made were about clones or making a clone. No they didn't distribute or link to any, but they constantly talked about them even after people said clones are not welcome here on the forum. So in conclusion, I believe that fireball should receive a 6 month ban, if not a 1 year ban.

2024-01-10 13:55:42

I'm confused. How is it what they did in that topic would warrent a warning?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2024-01-10 15:49:34

I agree. I even think this child should be banned indefinitely.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2024-01-10 17:06:09

No that's too far. If this really is a new user who's never had an account before, then 6 months to a year is reasonable. Although they did make an alt account and immediately submit a moderator application with it. I don't know if they thought they would get away with that or what they were thinking, but kids do stupid things. Regardless they are banned now, so at least the mods have taken an immediate action; it can be refined later if needed.

2024-01-11 21:42:07

Yeah, I'm with @2 here. To me, this looks like he talked with someone about programming a game for him, the guy said no, for some reason he thought he had a programmer, and thus went for beta testers to his new game he thought would be written. Not necessarily stolen code as much as a complete misunderstanding to how negotiations work.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2024-01-12 07:54:13

as i know, He got warning before, and now he break the more heavier rules whitch is create another account maybe. Correct me if i am wrong

2024-01-12 17:08:45

Yeah last I checked, creating an alt was cause for a permaban. At least, it was when Jayde was an admin.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2024-01-12 17:39:14

I disagree that it was probably just a simple miscommunication. Edson made it very clear to him more than once that he wasn't going to program anything for him and he doesn't like bgt.
If Edson's post said something along the lines of, "hey sorry man, I should have clarified that I am not working on this game, there was a miscommunication here", then that would be one thing. But reading his post, I can tell that Edson has already dealt with the situation and thought it was over.
But I'm not Edson, so I can't speak for him. If he wants to clarify this further, I'm sure he'll say something. Otherwise, I guess it doesn't matter lol. So can't argue with your decision.

2024-01-12 21:32:18

As to the alt situation. Most precident I'm familiar with, they were skirting a ban. In that case we extend the ban for the offense. This time, though, Fireball made an alt for reasons that I do not understand. Either way, he was warned for it, and the troll post in the application topic.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2024-01-13 03:10:09

@8, even then what rule did he break? You haven't sighted a single rule that he potentially broke by doing what he did. IF we were to ban people for being dumb and dickish you'd be gone a long time ago.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here