2023-12-31 23:32:17

Hi Everyone. It's been a few years since I was on this forum, but I finished Ripleys Aliens before Christmas and posted a link in the New Releases room. I just wanted to raise the request for it to be added to the database.
It may not seem like a few years worth of development, but underneath it is a lot of new code and supporting functions that should help me write other games. I've already started planning a new space combat and trading game.

2024-01-19 10:38:25

I understand the issues of finding volunteers to support the site, so don't get me wrong, but is the database closed to new entries? It's been just under 3 weeks since I requested adding Ripleys Aliens to the database and not heard a peep.

2024-01-20 02:48:04

Hi,
That's a good question. It shouldn't be closed to new entries but last I heard, it ws having technical difficulties and it's something definitely being looked into. I whitnessed work being done on it but I don't know if it's complete, but once the db is confirmed working again we'll discusss Ripleys.

2024-01-20 09:19:52

@3 Thanks aaron. Having that central database is a big incentive when developing games because it provides a long term point of access for one's target audience, especially when it's freeware.